Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New low  (Read 7468 times)

🏀

• All American
New low
« on: March 10, 2022, 04:34:54 PM »
Real tough look losing to Creighton three times, especially with how short-handed they are.

Hope Shaka is in Bruce Weber’s inbox today.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: New low
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 04:59:28 PM »
This isn't a new low. In year one, we're basically as far along as our last coach was in year 6 with a consensus first team All-American.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 05:03:31 PM »
Real tough look losing to Creighton three times, especially with how short-handed they are.

Hope Shaka is in Bruce Weber’s inbox today.

Yes, your post is a new low on Scoop.  That’s tough to do considering some of the trash takes on here over the years so congrats.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 05:07:41 PM »
This isn't a new low. In year one, we're basically as far along as our last coach was in year 6 with a consensus first team All-American.

Shaka’s floor equals Wojo’s ceiling? I’m not really sure how much that’s saying though.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 05:17:33 PM »
I’m assuming he means new low for the season and if so it’s hard to argue it’s not
No Finish Line

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 05:18:58 PM »
I’m assuming he means new low for the season and if so it’s hard to argue it’s not

Nah, the Butler or DePaul losses were worse. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 05:21:52 PM »
Nah, the Butler or DePaul losses were worse.
No comparison for me. Stakes were much higher today. Way more to prove. Tourney time etc etc
No Finish Line

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 05:23:40 PM »
If this includes more than this season. We were 13-14 last year. If this is just this season we lost to depaul by 11. We lost to St. Bonnaventure team by 16.

what on earth is this thread.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 05:28:24 PM »
We want Wojo!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 05:37:09 PM »
If nothing else, we need to stop making "McDermott owns Shaka" jokes, because right now, he kinda does.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 05:41:28 PM »
MU is 1-7 in the last 8 against Creighton.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 05:45:28 PM »
Yes, your post is a new low on Scoop.  That’s tough to do considering some of the trash takes on here over the years so congrats.

Come on, let’s not attack people. Everyone is pi$$ed, and rightfully so. We’ve not shown any improvement in the last 2 months. Add salt to the wound, Shaka teased MU nation with what could have been in late Dec. and Jan. My only hope is that Dec./Jan. Is a representation of future years

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 06:06:28 PM »
The comment that Wojo's ceiling = Shaka's floor is a good one. Shaka cobbled together a tourney-bound performance from a team that has little right to be there. Even if we lose next week in the 1st round, this has been a successful year and hopefully a learning experience to boot.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 06:17:07 PM »
If nothing else, we need to stop making "McDermott owns Shaka" jokes, because right now, he kinda does.
Not a joke. And not kinda
 Proof is in the pastry
Shakas ass was outcoached in each game
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 06:23:18 PM »
I just feels like we always lose to Creighton no matter what. Turns out that's accurate!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 06:27:13 PM »
Not a joke. And not kinda
 Proof is in the pastry
Shakas ass was outcoached in each game

Did Shaka outcoach Jay Wright then?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 06:27:38 PM »
We’d be 1 and 2 if we foul up three in the first game with less than five seconds on the clock.  That was an all time blunder considering Shaka says he normally fouls in that situation.  I still can’t believe that one.  Oh well, on to the tournament at a glacial pace here down the stretch!

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 06:33:15 PM »
We’d be 1 and 2 if we foul up three in the first game with less than five seconds on the clock.  That was an all time blunder considering Shaka says he normally fouls in that situation.  I still can’t believe that one.  Oh well, on to the tournament at a glacial pace here down the stretch!

I have a feeling that Oso blew the execution and Shaka just took the blame so as not to throw the player under the bus.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 06:37:35 PM »
Pico, you know that McDermott owns Shaka, so deflect all you want. Peers you can't handle the truth.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 06:44:13 PM »
and the one win came off a miracle tying buzzer beater from sam.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »

Not every game is decided by one staff outcoaching the other.
Two of the three Creighton games felt that way, though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 07:55:11 PM »
Not every game is decided by one staff outcoaching the other.
Two of the three Creighton games felt that way, though.

I think fans really overvalue coaches when their teams lose.  Shaka isn’t why they had so many unforced turnovers today
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 07:57:48 PM »
The comment that Wojo's ceiling = Shaka's floor is a good one. Shaka cobbled together a tourney-bound performance from a team that has little right to be there. Even if we lose next week in the 1st round, this has been a successful year and hopefully a learning experience to boot.

I don't expect it to happen ever again, but you do realize that Shaka went 11-22 his 2nd year in Texas, right?  Talk about a floor...

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 07:58:46 PM »
This game was lost early. Turnovers. And then too much one on one play. Morsell's 1st four shots hit the front of the rim.  We needed him to play like Adrian Dantley, or at least Kelly Tripucka. That's because too often it was Kolek trying to lob it in to a big guy with butter fingers or dumping it off to a guy who couldn't hit a shot in the lane over the two bigs. No ball movement,  no screens to set up shooters. Pathetic. Sure, they scratched back a few times, even close to the end. How many times did I see a guy turn it over and slap his chest and say "My bad". I was hoping Kolek would be better and craftier/slicker. But the guards were better athletes and too strong for him.  And there was no second guard. Freshmen. MU rebounded well enough. Creighton hit a bunch of slop shots. And MU was desperate every time they came down the court. I don't know if they ever hit 2 shots in a row. Obviously, I was disappointed. I didn't see any defense. If a player takes the dribble to the rim you get in front of him. Even if you have to foul him. With so many players on the bench you have fouls to give. Did anyone foul out? Of course not. Soft, soft, soft. Just my opinion.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 08:16:40 PM »
I think fans really overvalue coaches when their teams lose.  Shaka isn’t why they had so many unforced turnovers today

A lot of those turnovers came as a result of what I'd like to call a perplexing offensive game plan, but I can't for sure say there was any offensive game plan at all.

None of this is to say Shaka is a bad coach. He's a good coach. But for one reason or another he hasn't been at his best against Creighton this year.