[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin Lewis -- 1st-round draft pick?  (Read 27129 times)

1SE

• All American
Re: Justin Lewis -- 1st-round draft pick?
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2022, 04:17:57 PM »
I didn't see anyone post this - he was Dickie V's "Diaper Dandy of the Year" in the BE. Hang a banner.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2022, 04:22:45 PM »
Kudos to the second year Freshman!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2022, 01:50:30 PM »
Sam Vecenie has Lewis up to #26 on his big board.

It would make no sense for him to return if he is gonna be a 1st rounder. Don't wanna get 'Juzanged' by staying another year.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2022, 03:05:40 PM »
Sam Vecenie has Lewis up to #26 on his big board.

It would make no sense for him to return if he is gonna be a 1st rounder. Don't wanna get 'Juzanged' by staying another year.

Julian Champagnie is another good example.  Went from projected 2nd round pick to likely undrafted.

axaguy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2022, 04:25:12 PM »
What's all this "pro" talk the minute someone shows some ability??? Justin is a good to very good COLLEGE basketball player still maturing and growing in his game. Stick around. There are already a host of guys his size and ability fighting for a few spots in the NBA.. Enjoy the now years in college and let his body and mind mature to play at another level. Don't rush it. Not everybody is pro ready at his age either ... Just sayin'.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2022, 04:27:40 PM »
What's all this "pro" talk the minute someone shows some ability??? Justin is a good to very good COLLEGE basketball player still maturing and growing in his game. Stick around. There are already a host of guys his size and ability fighting for a few spots in the NBA.. Enjoy the now years in college and let his body and mind mature to play at another level. Don't rush it. Not everybody is pro ready at his age either ... Just sayin'.

Thanks.  If he get a guaranteed pick in the first round he should be on the first thing smoking out of Milwaukee
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2022, 04:31:15 PM »

Right on. For some reason MU82 has been pushing Lewis out the door all year.  Don't understand his motive unless he's a rodent troll. No doubt, Lewis is a good player, but please let him grow and develop and enjoy his time at Marquette.

panda

• All American
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2022, 04:31:34 PM »

I think you're wrong axaguy.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2022, 04:41:55 PM »
Lewis has to get exponentially better to be a notable contributor at the next level.  We could list several areas of opportunity in his game.  I have a feeling he will be back.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2022, 04:55:11 PM »
Right on. For some reason MU82 has been pushing Lewis out the door all year.  Don't understand his motive unless he's a rodent troll. No doubt, Lewis is a good player, but please let him grow and develop and enjoy his time at Marquette.

Nobody is pushing him anywhere. We'd all love him to be back, but he shouldn't come back if he's going to be a first round pick. You don't pass up guaranteed NBA money.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2022, 05:01:46 PM »
When compared to similar(ish) MU NBA players such as Butler, Hayward, and Crowder…Lewis just doesn’t have that same motor or level of aggressiveness on both ends of the floor as the others. He’s talented for sure, but he’s definitely more of a finesse player aside from a few moments where he will take it strong to the basket and dunk it.

He’s said himself that he wants to be remembered like the players I mentioned, but that’s the one glaring difference I see among them. He needs to get quicker, faster, and play more aggressively. He’s too passive now and would quickly get forgotten about in the NBA. He won’t last long at all unless he’s committed to improving on that front, imo.

Whether he wants to take that chance on an NBA roster or at MU is a different story, but that’s what he needs to get better at to be a contributor I think because his offensive ability just isn’t special relative to other NBA players at the moment.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2022, 05:09:01 PM »
I have visuals on MU82 physically pushing Lewis out the Al Center entrance and saying "you go now.."

As if anything ever posted on a message board would actually influence a player to enter the draft or not - get a grip...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2022, 05:24:12 PM »
For those thinking he’ll get lost in the NBA, that’s even more reason for him to go now. Get your millions now.

I also think people have a very outdated view of the draft. Early second rounders almost always spend time on an NBA roster. 2 way contracts, expanded rosters, etc almost guaranteed it. If you’re guaranteed a top 45 pick you’d be crazy not to go.

Or you can hang around, play mostly for free, and risk your weaknesses not improving and no longer being picked on potential.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2022, 05:27:59 PM »
LOL this is hilarious
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2022, 06:39:15 PM »

For some reason, Stretchdelsig has been pushing Lewis to play for free for several more years. Don’t understand his motive unless he’s selfish and cares more about his own entertainment than what Lewis wants. No doubt, Lewis is a good player, so please let him follow his heart and enjoy wherever that leads him, rather than do what old interwebs guys want him to do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2022, 09:43:59 PM »
I’ve looked at two mock drafts tonight that don’t have Lewis included.  This one was recently updated by Bleacher Report and has him at 40.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2953815-2022-nba-mock-draft-shake-up-in-the-top-5-full-2-round-predictions.amp.html

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 09:46:20 PM by bradforster »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2022, 10:02:40 PM »
I’ve looked at two mock drafts tonight that don’t have Lewis included.  This one was recently updated by Bleacher Report and has him at 40.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2953815-2022-nba-mock-draft-shake-up-in-the-top-5-full-2-round-predictions.amp.html
I don’t know of any Scooper who has said Justin’s a first-round lock. He’s been in Rd 1 of some mocks, hasn’t been in others. He seems to be ascending, but who knows … maybe he won’t get drafted at all.

I can’t speak for anybody else, but what I’ve said is that Lewis should follow his heart and gut and the advice of those he trusts.

I’ve also said that being supposedly “not ready” has not kept players from leaving or the NBA from drafting some of them.

Somehow, that has been translated by at least one Scooper as “pushing him out the door,” which is quite humorous.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2022, 09:12:40 AM »
Artists rendition of MU82 and Justin at the Al...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2022, 09:33:47 AM »
I don’t know of any Scooper who has said Justin’s a first-round lock. He’s been in Rd 1 of some mocks, hasn’t been in others. He seems to be ascending, but who knows … maybe he won’t get drafted at all.

I can’t speak for anybody else, but what I’ve said is that Lewis should follow his heart and gut and the advice of those he trusts.

I’ve also said that being supposedly “not ready” has not kept players from leaving or the NBA from drafting some of them.

Somehow, that has been translated by at least one Scooper as “pushing him out the door,” which is quite humorous.

Look, I don't know, nor does anyone else typin' on this board, whether or not Lewis has what it takes to make a livin' in the Association. But I do know, for a fact, that the 3 worst and most misunderstood words in the English language are, "follow your dream," hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2022, 09:36:20 AM »
"Follow your dream" has fooked up more people and their future than some tough love followed by, "get real," aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2022, 10:18:09 AM »
"Follow your dream" has fooked up more people and their future than some tough love followed by, "get real," aina?

If he’s a draft pick, he should go
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2022, 10:20:11 AM »

Sounds an awful lot like "fear and control" coming from you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
More like "shut up and dribble." Don't ya think, Nads, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2022, 01:19:26 PM »
I'm 100% in favor of guys chasing money and chasing realistic dreams. I have zero idea if Lewis is sure fire NBA guy or not, but if he was my son, I would try and get him as much NIL money and come back another year. He has moments that he looks very, very good and times not so much. Biggest risk on coming back is expectations would be high and he would need to elevate his game next season. Right now, he might be worth the gamble for an NBA team to take him. All that said, I am more worried about the MU program's future, and I will be fine with any decision he makes about next year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2022, 01:19:50 PM »
More like "shut up and dribble." Don't ya think, Nads, aina?

Yeah, you’re good at sayin’ dat, too, nu?