Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wednesday Seton Hall  (Read 16591 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Wednesday Seton Hall
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2022, 01:49:15 PM »
He's questionable not doubtful. I'd almost guarantee he plays. If you didn't know, he has missed the last week with what they were saying was a concussion from the Marquette game. I don't know about all of you, but I saw him play the whole game with no issues. Seems like Seton Hall is really trying to play the victim card with how the game ended in Milwaukee.

I actually hope he plays. Stevie has earned minutes defensively and we can also wear him out with Darryl, Kam, Kolek as well. I'm more worried about their size and the fact that the Hall is playing for their season at this point.

I still like our chances given the depth we have.
He got the concussion with two seconds left in the game.   Perhaps you recall that there was a kerfuffle regarding the last play .
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2022, 01:55:37 PM »
He's questionable not doubtful. I'd almost guarantee he plays. If you didn't know, he has missed the last week with what they were saying was a concussion from the Marquette game. I don't know about all of you, but I saw him play the whole game with no issues. Seems like Seton Hall is really trying to play the victim card with how the game ended in Milwaukee.

I actually hope he plays. Stevie has earned minutes defensively and we can also wear him out with Darryl, Kam, Kolek as well. I'm more worried about their size and the fact that the Hall is playing for their season at this point.

I still like our chances given the depth we have.

He didnt have a concussion the whole game, or any of the game. It came on after due to what happen with 1.8 seconds left.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »
He got the concussion with two seconds left in the game.   Perhaps you recall that there was a kerfuffle regarding the last play .

I'm aware but to me it seems like Seton Hall is playing the victim card with the whole scenario. If it was March Aiken wouldn't have missed a game. Head injuries are nothing to mess with, but Aiken has a multitude of other injuries he deals with and seemed like a convenient time for the Hall to give him some time off for general rest.
VIOLENCE!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2022, 02:31:30 PM »
I fully expect Seton Hall to be very chippy tonight.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2022, 02:43:01 PM »

Agree completely. Esp if they get down 5+ points. They will turn this into a football game to win it if they have to.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2022, 02:50:58 PM »

Agree. I fully expect Theo John to be ejected tonight.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2022, 03:03:25 PM »
I just hope that Shaka can pass his first test!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2022, 03:05:27 PM »
Agree. I fully expect Theo John to be ejected tonight.

Somewhere in Durham North Carolina, James Breeding appears out of nowhere to issue Theo a technical foul.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2022, 03:57:36 PM »
I'm aware but to me it seems like Seton Hall is playing the victim card with the whole scenario. If it was March Aiken wouldn't have missed a game. Head injuries are nothing to mess with, but Aiken has a multitude of other injuries he deals with and seemed like a convenient time for the Hall to give him some time off for general rest.

Are you honestly suggesting that Seton Hall, coming off consecutive losses to DePaul and Marquette, sat Aiken for two games to "play the victim card"?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2022, 04:02:33 PM »
Are you honestly suggesting that Seton Hall, coming off consecutive losses to DePaul and Marquette, sat Aiken for two games to "play the victim card"?

I don't think the injury is in question. I think there's a question of whether or not Greg's elbow was the cause of the injury. Personally, the only place I have seen that claimed was on this board. I honestly assumed that it was a joke but people seem to be alluding that this has been claimed by Willard at some point. If Willard did claim that, I think GE03 is positing that maybe Willard is blaming Greg's elbow when it was something else so they can play the victim card.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2022, 04:04:46 PM »
I don't think the injury is in question. I think there's a question of whether or not Greg's elbow was the cause of the injury. Personally, the only place I have seen that claimed was on this board. I honestly assumed that it was a joke but people seem to be alluding that this has been claimed by Willard at some point. If Willard did claim that, I think GE03 is positing that maybe Willard is blaming Greg's elbow when it was something else so they can play the victim card.

That makes a lot more sense.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2022, 04:13:45 PM »

This is exactly it. Thanks for the Kolek-like assist in clearing that up.  Sure he may have gotten a concussion, but I have a hard time believing it was from Greg at the end of the game. If this happened in March I think Aiken finds a way to get cleared without missing any games. Seton Hall wants the end of last game to be the storyline going into this one, I'm almost sure of it.
VIOLENCE!

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2022, 04:18:25 PM »
Just saying….

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2022, 04:24:21 PM »
Just saying….

Hah someone mentioned he was snakelike earlier and I almost wrote a Voldemort reference. Tip of the hat to you!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Shark

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2022, 06:14:35 PM »
Dozens of tickets in the lower level available for 3 freaking dollars. Jealous but not

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:28 PM »

Aiken's concussion as the result of Greg's elbow has been mentioned on Twitter by multiple sources.  For instance...

https://twitter.com/NJHoopsHaven/status/1484920498848944128

Whether or not they are accurate is another question.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback