Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fans at Fiserv  (Read 10549 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Fans at Fiserv
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2022, 08:30:10 AM »
Crean was very much in control of songs played during time outs. I had front row seats behind MU's bench at the Bradley Center. I recall an intense 1 point game against Georgetown and a time out was called with about 2 minutes left. The crowd was very loud and into the game. I don't remember what song the dj played but Crean was furious and said something to Broeker. We were amazed that he noticed that in the throws of a tight game heading into a time out. The biggie back then was Cotton Eyed Joe.

I hope I never hear Cotton Eye Joe again
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2022, 08:30:28 AM »
I love the fact they are engaging the fans with defensive goals. This is another example of building an identity and a brand. Once everyone fully understands the goals, I think the place gets louder and louder. The good news, there is a ton of excitement around this team and that build on itself. Four weeks ago, folks left the FF awfully disappointed, and things have changed to the upside quickly.

Please explain. "Defensive goals"?

Hey, on another matter altogether- I am of a similar vintage to you and dgies (class of '70). Aren't you two going to invite me to join you when we are playing for our second Natty? Who are the other members of MUOFA (MU Old Farts Association) on Scoop?
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2022, 08:35:51 AM »
Deflections.   It could go up on the scoreboard.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2022, 08:41:55 AM »
Deflections.   It could go up on the scoreboard.

Got it! Thanks.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2022, 08:45:37 AM »
Scoop

Everyone is invited to the 2nd Natty game. They are announcing D kills and deflections during time outs and think it is a great move. This program is being built by the defensive and I think folks will get more and more engaged when they are playing defense.

Also, I am not one of the really old guys on here, but close.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »
Was waiting to say this but didn't wanna rustle any jimmies

It's just reality. I was wearing a mask to some games when it wasn't required and am in favor of the requirement, but it's obvious as a fan that we don't get as loud when everyone is masked. I don't get as loud when I'm masked. If I have to speak up to talk to the person sitting next to me, there's no way my cheers carry as far behind the N95.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2022, 08:50:42 AM »
Scoop

Everyone is invited to the 2nd Natty game. They are announcing D kills and deflections during time outs and think it is a great move. This program is being built by the defensive and I think folks will get more and more engaged when they are playing defense.

Goose might be 80, but I swear he doesn't look a day over 95.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2022, 08:51:48 AM »

I hate cotton eyed joe. If it weren't for him I'd been married long time ago
Maigh Eo for Sam

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2022, 08:52:41 AM »
Scoop

I was just pulling your chain Goose. In another thread dgies and you agreed to meet up for the Natty and you guys did not reply (unless I missed it) to my attempt to crash the party before it was even scheduled. I really hope to see Marquette get another Natty before I croak, and with Shaka as our coach, it may be in the near future. Ummm... Natty, I hope. Not the alternative.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:54:16 AM by Scoop Snoop »

connie

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2022, 09:33:31 AM »
I believe Connie is the one who picked seats next to the band……..and doesn’t like the band.
I got a fever, and the only cure, is more xylophone!!!!!!
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2022, 09:58:08 AM »
Crean was very much in control of songs played during time outs. I had front row seats behind MU's bench at the Bradley Center. I recall an intense 1 point game against Georgetown and a time out was called with about 2 minutes left. The crowd was very loud and into the game. I don't remember what song the dj played but Crean was furious and said something to Broeker. We were amazed that he noticed that in the throws of a tight game heading into a time out. The biggie back then was Cotton Eyed Joe.

T-Cubed wanted "Save Room in the Lifeboat for Me" played durin' dat TO, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 10:02:37 AM »
The comments here gave me a really good idea of what is going on while I am muting obnoxious ads (e.g., Liberty with that stupid emu and his equally stupid human) and your remarks are a mixed bag, just as would be expected. Thanks for posting.

While I had moved West to the Blue Ridge Mountain area by the time Shaka was VCU, I lived in Richmond for 20 years and in addition to seeing games on TV and highlights on the news, I knew from friends Shaka had taken the city by storm. The energy at the home games was absolutely amazing and VCU's band and students fed off of each other.

The impression I got here is that our band, the DJ and some other factors/players leave plenty of room for improvement. Maybe when Shaka has a moment to spare in between planning yet another victory he can pass on the name(s) of the person(s) who orchestrated VCU's act.   

Mostly a lurker, but just curious, whereabout in the Blue Ridge? I just moved to Blowing Rock and I'm of your vintage, class of 68.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2022, 10:13:52 AM »
Please explain. "Defensive goals"?

Hey, on another matter altogether- I am of a similar vintage to you and dgies (class of '70). Aren't you two going to invite me to join you when we are playing for our second Natty?

Who are the other members of MUOFA (MU Old Farts Association) on Scoop?
Me.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2022, 10:33:48 AM »
Mostly a lurker, but just curious, whereabout in the Blue Ridge? I just moved to Blowing Rock and I'm of your vintage, class of 68.

Nelson County, which is about midway between Charlottesville and Lynchburg.

Are you going to the BET? My wife and I are planning to go (last time was '19) and we would take Amtrack again. Right into Penn Station just below MSG. 'Would be great to meet up.

Welcome to MUOFA!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2022, 10:34:22 AM »

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2022, 11:13:12 AM »
Nelson County, which is about midway between Charlottesville and Lynchburg.

Are you going to the BET? My wife and I are planning to go (last time was '19) and we would take Amtrack again. Right into Penn Station just below MSG. 'Would be great to meet up.

Welcome to MUOFA!

Long time season ticket holder when in Wisconsin. Have always wanted to go to the BET. Right now we're still settling in to our new digs so can't go this year. Would love to go in the future. If you're ever down this way...

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2022, 11:20:02 AM »
Long time season ticket holder when in Wisconsin. Have always wanted to go to the BET. Right now we're still settling in to our new digs so can't go this year. Would love to go in the future. If you're ever down this way...

Thanks! Maybe you will change your mind about going to NYC, especially if Shaka keeps our guys rolling. PM me- maybe we know some of the same alumni from our era.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2022, 11:20:51 AM »
I love the fact they are engaging the fans with defensive goals. This is another example of building an identity and a brand. Once everyone fully understands the goals, I think the place gets louder and louder. The good news, there is a ton of excitement around this team and that build on itself. Four weeks ago, folks left the FF awfully disappointed, and things have changed to the upside quickly.

Same, Goose. It's something my wife latched onto very quickly with the "kills" concept, which I will use as a loose confirmation bias that it's an engaging and accessible concept for the casual fan.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2022, 12:52:04 PM »

Agreed, but that song will always remind me of the FF in 2003 because there was some gawky t-shirt store as you entered the Quarter that was blasting it 24/7.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

feedback