[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 52993 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2022, 07:38:48 PM »
Sorry if y'all can't admit to the hypocrisy in this, then y'all are blinded by donkey chit, aina?

#freerocket2022

He should get vaccinated.  It’s not complicated.  Keep up the martyrdom!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2022, 07:52:41 PM »
Sorry if y'all can't admit to the hypocrisy in this, then y'all are blinded by donkey chit, aina?

Do you not understand the definition of hypocrisy or something?  Because no one here seems to be advocating for undocumented immigrants to be able to enter the country unvaccinated.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #352 on: August 01, 2022, 07:56:52 PM »
🚨🚨🚨CARAVAN ALERT🚨🚨🚨

And the caravan is on its way
We won't see the mighty Djoker play
All because he refused the shot
Now he has to mule some pot

La, la, la, la
La, la la

(With all due respects to Van the Man)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »

Do you not understand the definition of hypocrisy or something?  Because no one here seems to be advocating for undocumented immigrants to be able to enter the country unvaccinated.

No one seems to give a chit. It's happening by the thousands. I call that hypocrisy. What do you call it, hey?

#freerocket2022
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2022, 08:04:03 PM »

No one seems to give a chit. It's happening by the thousands. I call that hypocrisy. What do you call it, hey?

#freerocket2022

What does that have to do with vaccine misinformation and Djoker not taking the vaccine.  Keep up the martyrdom!

• All American
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2022, 08:08:56 PM »

#freerocket2022

Yeah, you don't understand what hypocrisy is.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2022, 10:55:40 PM »

You whiffed on the new name - Sulty McSultanberger has a much nicer ring to it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #357 on: August 02, 2022, 08:44:34 AM »

You want to fight over the definition of a word rather than address substance/science. In what universe is public health better served by denying work to a young, healthy, daily testing world class athlete while allowing tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of illegals to pour into the country untested and unvaccinated? Maybe that doesn’t meet your definition of hypocrisy but how about anti science bat sh!t crazy?

• All American
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2022, 08:52:42 AM »
You want to fight over the definition of a word rather than address substance/science. In what universe is public health better served by denying work to a young, healthy, daily testing world class athlete while allowing tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of illegals to pour into the country untested and unvaccinated? Maybe that doesn’t meet your definition of hypocrisy but how about anti science bat sh!t crazy?

I don't care if Djoker can enter the country to play in the US Open. If the US changed their rules in that regard, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me.

I don't care one iota about the undocumented immigrant "problem." IMO it would be better for the country and the economy to accept more immigrants because historically population growth is a good indicator of economic growth. I think we should invite more in and give them access to our public schools and services. This would benefit the country greatly.

And I don't care if they are vaccinated or not, but I would certainly highly encourage them to get vaccinated as part of this process.

Does that address the substance/science enough for you?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #359 on: August 02, 2022, 10:33:44 AM »

I don't care if Djoker can enter the country to play in the US Open. If the US changed their rules in that regard, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me.

I don't care one iota about the undocumented immigrant "problem." IMO it would be better for the country and the economy to accept more immigrants because historically population growth is a good indicator of economic growth. I think we should invite more in and give them access to our public schools and services. This would benefit the country greatly.

And I don't care if they are vaccinated or not, but I would certainly highly encourage them to get vaccinated as part of this process.

Does that address the substance/science enough for you?

No

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »
Yes, the new omicron sub-variant does not care how many times you were boosted, or how many times you had COVID before, it can and will still infect you.

These escape variants exist because: 1) We cannot vaccinate the entire world fast enough. 2) Some idiots refuse to get the vaccine because of politics.

Asking because I don’t know. For your second point, would we be in the same scenario even if everyone was vaccinated? I thought this was kind of the natural progression of the virus as it tries to survive. More contagious, but less severe as we work our way toward the normal cold/flu type of illness.

Did the low vaccination rate prolong the amount of time it’s taking to get to that point?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »
Asking because I don’t know. For your second point, would we be in the same scenario even if everyone was vaccinated? I thought this was kind of the natural progression of the virus as it tries to survive. More contagious, but less severe as we work our way toward the normal cold/flu type of illness.

Did the low vaccination rate prolong the amount of time it’s taking to get to that point?

Not speaking to the direct science of vaccination and spread, but I do think people overweight the US's vaccine status as it relates to the spread of COVID globally.  Ive heard various first hand experiences, as well as experienced myself, all nature of absurd vaccine rule breaking in large population centers in countries all over, developed and otherwise.

My controller just returned from Indonesia and was telling me a bunch of vaccine mandatory stuff is a joke.  He saw first hand, both at malls and other facilities, as well as at the damn airport, people flashing their phone home screen to the person checking your proof of vaccine, and being waved through.  Other people scanned their QR code, it flashed red for outdated or missing vaccine, and they were ushered through.  Similar stuff in India.

The US should be better for any myriad number of reasons, both during the height of COVID and now.  But I hesitate to blame, too heavily, the less than 50MM US Adults for the global variant situation.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2022, 05:20:29 PM »

Yes.  Vaccinated people spread the virus at rates less then unvaccinated.  The virus mutates as it infects more people.  If literally everyone is vaccinated, the virus would still be spreading but at rates way less and less likely to mutate further.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2022, 06:39:41 PM »

MUDPT already addressed much of this. Just wanted to add that the idea that viruses mutate to be less severe is not really true.

They mutate in general, it is a random process. Natural selection leads to a higher likelihood of surviving mutants that escape the immune system and spread more rapidly. Those mutations could make it more severe, or less severe. We've been fortunate that omicron variants have been less severe (but Delta was actually more severe), but it is not a natural trend.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2022, 10:36:09 PM »
MUDPT already addressed much of this. Just wanted to add that the idea that viruses mutate to be less severe is not really true.

They mutate in general, it is a random process. Natural selection leads to a higher likelihood of surviving mutants that escape the immune system and spread more rapidly. Those mutations could make it more severe, or less severe. We've been fortunate that omicron variants have been less severe (but Delta was actually more severe), but it is not a natural trend.

Appreciate the info forgetful and MUDPT!

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2022, 08:13:34 PM »
More misinformation 🧐

See attached.

Would we be against using some of the discretionary funds attached to the recently passed bills for the vaccine injured?       
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:19:24 PM by noblewarrior »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2022, 09:14:38 PM »
 ::)

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2022, 09:28:51 PM »
I have a coworker who has lost control over her motor skills and shows no signs of improving…she can barely walk.  These effects showed up less than a week after first shot… The vaccine injured do exist and there should be help available… no question.   

• All American
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2022, 05:06:26 AM »
I have a coworker who has lost control over her motor skills and shows no signs of improving…she can barely walk.  These effects showed up less than a week after first shot… The vaccine injured do exist and there should be help available… no question.   

“I (supposedly) have an anecdotal story that proves my point even though I have no evidence that it does.”

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »

You have scales covering your eyes... so you believe there are no individuals suffering from serious adverse events from the mRNA vaccines?... none... it’s all imaginary?   Very interesting if so. 

• All American
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2022, 08:24:53 PM »
You have scales covering your eyes... so you believe there are no individuals suffering from serious adverse events from the mRNA vaccines?... none... it’s all imaginary?   Very interesting if so. 

Lol. Can’t even quote the right post.

Regardless I never said what you are claiming. 

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #371 on: August 14, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
Lol. Can’t even quote the right post.

Regardless I never said what you are claiming. 

Hope I got the correct quote this time, lol.

You know, Sultan.  You’re a pretty passive aggressive dude.  Yes, I assumed you gender even though that behavior trends female.  So opine for a moment please.  Could you find it reasonable for our Federal and some State governments to provide medical assistance to the mRNA vaccine injured?  The previous and current administrations, with the recommendation from the CDC and with FDA approval, both pushed their constituents to vaccinate for the greater good.  For many of these individuals, they’ll be living with these effects for the rest of their life.... think burn pits. 

I don’t think this is unreasonable... but I guess that would mean a large portion of our bureaucratic establishment would need to admit to some not-so-comfortable truths about not only these vaccines but their policies. 

Something similar to this fella;
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-man-vaccine-injury-payout-1.6472636

Who knows... maybe this could spur some unity in a currently divided country. 

• All American
« Reply #372 on: August 14, 2022, 09:33:35 AM »
Hope I got the correct quote this time, lol.

You know, Sultan.  You’re a pretty passive aggressive dude.  Yes, I assumed you gender even though that behavior trends female.  So opine for a moment please.  Could you find it reasonable for our Federal and some State governments to provide medical assistance to the mRNA vaccine injured?  The previous and current administrations, with the recommendation from the CDC and with FDA approval, both pushed their constituents to vaccinate for the greater good.  For many of these individuals, they’ll be living with these effects for the rest of their life.... think burn pits. 

I don’t think this is unreasonable... but I guess that would mean a large portion of our bureaucratic establishment would need to admit to some not-so-comfortable truths about not only these vaccines but their policies. 

Something similar to this fella;
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-man-vaccine-injury-payout-1.6472636

Who knows... maybe this could spur some unity in a currently divided country. 

I think they should receive no more assistance than anyone else who has negative reactions to vaccines.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #373 on: August 14, 2022, 09:48:15 PM »
More misinformation 🧐

See attached.

Would we be against using some of the discretionary funds attached to the recently passed bills for the vaccine injured?     

You need to read that article again.  It doesn't prove what you think it does.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #374 on: August 15, 2022, 04:43:55 PM »
I think they should receive no more assistance than anyone else who has negative reactions to vaccines.

I would agree if these mRNA and other COVID-19 vaccines weren't in circulation under an EUA.  It's my personal opinion that this is a significant difference between these two categories of vaccines.   

feedback