collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53067 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2022, 08:56:16 PM »
And this is HUGE news. Why didn't the reporter ask him to name some of the athletes who have died?

Hadn't heard of this conspiracy theory, so had to look it up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-sport/fact-check-list-of-108-fifa-soccer-players-is-not-proof-of-a-common-link-between-covid-19-vaccines-and-athlete-deaths-idUSL1N2T81NY

This might take the cake for how stupid you have to be to believe it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2022, 09:04:42 PM »
Thankfully Fox Noise wasn't around back in the day to convince the feeble-minded that they should resist polio and smallpox vaccines.

And this from a healthcare professional??  You know small pox and polio vaccines actually prevented people from getting small pox and polio, right?
don't...don't don't don't don't

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2022, 09:16:42 PM »
How does getting vaxed protect those around you when its been shown that those vaccinated can still harbor the virus and spread it, hey?

Unvaxxed people show up at the hospital, delay surgeries of others.  Hospital space is not infinite. They can't take on their normal caseload and then a huge pandemic on top of it.  Getting vaxxed is lessening the chance that you don't take the hospital bed of your neighbor. Second, new variants will continue to emerge in unvaccinated people.  The more people that are vaccinated, the less the chance that a new variant emerges.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 10:08:11 PM »
Two things I've always wondered.

1. Do the experts on ancient aliens actually believe what they talk about?

2. Do the COVID hoax believers/anti-vaxxers on here and in the US actually believe what they post about, or talk about?

Frankly, the arguments on ancient aliens make more sense than some of the stuff certain posters post on here.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2022, 05:31:06 AM »
Unvaxxed people show up at the hospital, delay surgeries of others.  Hospital space is not infinite. They can't take on their normal caseload and then a huge pandemic on top of it.  Getting vaxxed is lessening the chance that you don't take the hospital bed of your neighbor. Second, new variants will continue to emerge in unvaccinated people.  The more people that are vaccinated, the less the chance that a new variant emerges.

If FD Joe would focus on anti-viral therapeutics and get them in the hands of symptomatic covid patients within 5 days of infection, the hospitals would not be overrun.
Of course, as of now these drugs are off patent and there is no big pharma money to be made. He campaigned on promising to "control the virus" and now says there is nothing the feds can do, hey?

#buffoon
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 06:52:23 AM »

If FD Joe would focus on anti-viral therapeutics and get them in the hands of symptomatic covid patients within 5 days of infection, the hospitals would not be overrun.
Of course, as of now these drugs are off patent and there is no big pharma money to be made. He campaigned on promising to "control the virus" and now says there is nothing the feds can do, hey?

#buffoon

Here’s the thing with those though, most people don’t seek care for their COVID symptoms until day 10 after infection. So you are asking health illiterate people, who are already skeptical, to get infected, show symptoms (between 2 and 5 days), and then seek care, maybe a week window? Sounds like a lot of time, but is actually really small in our health system.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2022, 06:58:02 AM »
I’m fully vaxxed and boosted but comparing vaccines that prevented polio and smallpox with vaccines that don’t prevent Covid is disingenuous.

Uhh. Why?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2022, 07:05:28 AM »
You're showing basic misunderstanding. The polio and smallpox vaccines prevented the diseases. Its been repeatedly shown that the covid vaccination merely lessens symptoms. This should be Vaccination 101 for any school administrator, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2022, 07:19:38 AM »
You're showing basic misunderstanding. The polio and smallpox vaccines prevented the diseases. Its been repeatedly shown that the covid vaccination merely lessens symptoms. This should be Vaccination 101 for any school administrator, hey?
Yes, and the Covid vaccines prevent one from dying from the disease.  See how that works?

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2022, 07:46:20 AM »

Dramatically reduces hospitalizations and deaths.  Pretty basic knowledge for a "medical professional" don't you think?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2022, 07:57:35 AM »

Polio vaccine took 23 years, smallpox took 150. COVID took approximately a year. To say it doesn’t do enough is super disingenuous. It’s like complaining MU only beat Nova by 3 points last week.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2022, 08:04:37 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html

COVID-19 vaccines can reduce the risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19

Hmm ...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2022, 09:06:18 AM »

#buffoon

and that my friends is the comment of the year right there-treat the f'ing disease!!  that is what doctors are supposed to do.  too many advocacies getting in the way of medicine.  vaccines should be adjunctive
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2022, 09:12:28 AM »
and that my friends is the comment of the year right there-treat the f'ing disease!!  that is what doctors are supposed to do.  too many advocacies getting in the way of medicine.  vaccines should be adjunctive

Are we going to discuss the elephant in the room?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2022, 09:17:02 AM »

I'm glad to see that shut up and dribble has migrated to unnatural carnal knowledgeing MDs.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2022, 09:49:42 AM »

WTF seriously?  You are saying that taking a vaccine that prevents or lessens the severity of the disease should be supplemental to treatments for people who actually get the disease?  Do you not realize that if people would just get vaccinated, their need for treatments becomes very close to zero?

You have said a lot of dumb things in this topic over the last two years.  This may be the dumbest.  Congrats. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2022, 10:00:15 AM »

This is why I don't brush. Dentists need to shut up and do their job

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2022, 10:20:35 AM »

WTF seriously?  You are saying that taking a vaccine that prevents or lessens the severity of the disease should be supplemental to treatments for people who actually get the disease?  Do you not realize that if people would just get vaccinated, their need for treatments becomes very close to zero?

You have said a lot of dumb things in this topic over the last two years.  This may be the dumbest.  Congrats.

C'mon, man ... that is nowhere near roQQet's dumbest. Give him a little credit, please.

But it is interesting that the dentists are pushing "Horse de-wormer for everybody!" instead of the proven, life-saving vaccines that their god "invented."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2022, 10:44:00 AM »
And this from a healthcare professional??  You know small pox and polio vaccines actually prevented people from getting small pox and polio, right?
Like you, I am not a healthcare professional. And making a distinction between life-saving vaccines is only something you poor, brainwashed dopes could do to try to justify the anti-science idiocy you've been fed.

BTW, "healthcare professional" doesn't know smallpox is one word?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 11:27:32 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »
Could you possibly get any stupider?

I know, "just wait 'til my next post!"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2022, 10:46:59 AM »
If the unvaxxed would agree to not use hospital resources or scarce medications when their covid turns south, I wouldn’t care less about who is vaccinated anymore.

Don’t you mean you would care less?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2022, 11:27:02 AM »
Don’t you mean you would care less?

IRREGARDLESS!!

... yes.  I meant it as a "I couldn't care less" but tripped over myself.  :-X

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2022, 11:40:05 AM »

Lol.

Brushing teeth should be adjunctive

Safe sex should be adjunctive

Seatbelts should be adjunctive

Healthy weight, good nutrition, proper diet... All adjunctive

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2022, 11:59:45 AM »
Lately I've just been dissolving horse dewormer in vodka and swishing/gargling with that.  My teeth have never been cleaner!

Bonus, if you swallow you free from covid for life!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2022, 12:09:57 PM »
IRREGARDLESS!!

... yes.  I meant it as a "I couldn't care less" but tripped over myself.  :-X

You literally did that?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback