[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Solidification Sunday  (Read 2299 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Solidification Sunday
« on: January 22, 2022, 06:25:45 AM »
Tomorrow is enormous, are the students back?  I was pleased to hear JLew sound calm, cool, and collective after MU punked Nova.  It's quite clear that he and the team understand we have far greater goals and bigger fish to fry.  I'm really hoping we find a way to get to the line more and play a dominant 40 min game on our home floor.   A W tomorrow truly moves the needle for the Warriors.  It will not just put us in the top 25, but more importantly in PRIME position to usurp the top tier in the BEast conference. 

I have watched every BEast team play several times and very little separates us from the assumed best trio.  In fact we may have better overall pieces and resiliency.  Let's take care of business, eviscerate X, and move on to bigger and better things.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:04:24 AM by MuggsyB »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Solidification Sunday
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 06:28:23 AM »
The students start class on Monday, so no doubt many will be back in town.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 07:52:49 AM »
Fiserv needs to and will be rocking. Students back, coming off of a massive win at Nova, 5 in a row. No excuses.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 07:54:22 AM »
Agree Muggs, this is a win an NCAA team simply takes at home.  This is the exact type of game we would lose the last several years after being on a roll because we had no defense to go along with our offense.  Well, we have a good defense now and the home court advantage should be real tomorrow.  It should be a great atmosphere.  I think we win by 10.  Hope I’m right.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 07:58:49 AM »
Muggsy I’m with you.

What will you be brewing tomorrow at 10AM?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 08:14:10 AM »
Shooter

The good news is this is not last year. This is a game that MU should win and I think they win with somewhat ease. Cannot wait for tip-off.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 08:19:29 AM »
Muggsy I’m with you.

What will you be brewing tomorrow at 10AM?

Well, I was up at about 4:30 today.  I suppose I'm still somewhat on Fla Keys time.   Right now I'm steeping 100% Kona Peaberry beans in my French Press Dr. V.  In about 6 mins I will execute the first extremely satisfying sip. 

Now come tomorrow I will have to consider a number of options.  I may need an extra push and brew an entire 12 cups in my Bunn commercial drip machine.  Needless to say I will be ready to go by 11am.  I may in fact go the espresso route at around 10am.  :)

1SE

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 08:21:06 AM »
It is big. We win and we can start talking seed in February.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »
Eat more fiber.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 08:33:03 AM »
Eat more fiber.

I eat very healthy Tower.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 08:58:59 AM »
Agree Muggs, this is a win an NCAA team simply takes at home.  This is the exact type of game we would lose the last several years after being on a roll because we had no defense to go along with our offense.  Well, we have a good defense now and the home court advantage should be real tomorrow.  It should be a great atmosphere.  I think we win by 10.  Hope I’m right.

We had plenty of nice stretches in previous years, especially in 2018-19. But no, none really included a result like Wednesday's, and this style would seem more repeatable because of the ability to win with our defense if our offense isn't at its best. We have better coaching and more mental toughness, too.

Of course, this year's team has nothing to do with previous year's teams, anyway.

I think the arena will have a great vibe and we'll beat X ... but good teams, even excellent teams, do occasionally lose games just like this, and losing a game like this doesn't necessarily doom a team. Sources say that Al's NCAA title team might have lost a game or two.

Again, I am NOT saying we'll lose ... because I think we'll win. We're the better team on the better run and we're playing at home.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 09:11:28 AM »
We had plenty of nice stretches in previous years, especially in 2018-19. But no, none really included a result like Wednesday's, and this style would seem more repeatable because of the ability to win with our defense if our offense isn't at its best. We have better coaching and more mental toughness, too.

Of course, this year's team has nothing to do with previous year's teams, anyway.

I think the arena will have a great vibe and we'll beat X ... but good teams, even excellent teams, do occasionally lose games just like this, and losing a game like this doesn't necessarily doom a team. Sources say that Al's NCAA title team might have lost a game or two.

Again, I am NOT saying we'll lose ... because I think we'll win. We're the better team on the better run and we're playing at home.

We Are Marquette!

Agree with all that 82.  Should be fun tomorrow. 

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 11:42:50 AM »
Tomorrow is enormous, are the students back?  I was pleased to hear JLew sound calm, cool, and collective after MU punked Nova.  It's quite clear that he and the team understand we have far greater goals and bigger fish to fry.  I'm really hoping we find a way to get to the line more and play a dominant 40 min game on our home floor.   A W tomorrow truly moves the needle for the Warriors.  It will not just put us in the top 25, but more importantly in PRIME position to usurp the top tier in the BEast conference. 

I have watched every BEast team play several times and very little separates us from the assumed best trio.  In fact we may have better overall pieces and resiliency.  Let's take care of business, eviscerate X, and move on to bigger and better things.

Are you going to make this exact thread before every big east game?

romey

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 11:55:10 AM »
Why not? No game bigger than the next one.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 11:57:56 AM »
Prior record does not guarantee future results.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 11:58:40 AM »
muggsy has replaced guru as the most enthusiastic MU fan

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 04:29:58 PM »
muggsy has replaced guru as the most enthusiastic MU fan

We have plenty of enthusiastic MU fans here. Regardless, I'll take Muggs over guru 10 times outta 10.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback