[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Things I love about this team  (Read 5255 times)

Daniel

• All American
Re: Things I love about this team
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 11:43:45 AM »
This is an unselfish team with no hero ball.   They share, pass and play for each other every minute of the game.   Impressive and fun to watch!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 12:28:01 PM »
What Shaka is doing the last 2 weeks gives MU great PR on all national networks.  He is showing he can win, have fun doing it, which will really help recruiting.  I think big things on the recruiting trail  will happen the next 2 years.  Issue is he does not have lots of open spots.  I do believe he will get one or even 2 grad transfers.

We need to change OUR way of thinking re: recruiting. Grad transfers are a major part of recruiting now.

Think MU without Kuath, Morsell, and Kolek this year. That's how important grad transfers (or any transfer) are now. Literally the difference between a last place BE team and being 1/2 game out of 1st place.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 12:36:15 PM »
We need to change OUR way of thinking re: recruiting. Grad transfers are a major part of recruiting now.

Think MU without Kuath, Morsell, and Kolek this year. That's how important grad transfers (or any transfer) are now. Literally the difference between a last place BE team and being 1/2 game out of 1st place.

Kolek isn't a grad transfer.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »
Kolek isn't a grad transfer.

"That's how important grad transfers (or any transfer) are now."

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2022, 12:59:20 PM »
My problem with this team early on was all the quick 3s and the full court pressure leading to easy baskets and the turnovers caused by pace of play.  One by one the team has been rectifying or at least improving on those issues. 

I was impressed with the effort from the start.

What I love most about this team is ball movement and unselfish play which is continuously getting better.  My favorite thing to watch is sharing the ball with lots of movement, with the absolute best thing being the dish for the easy dunk. 

This team defends so much better than Wojo's teams, in large part because we have athletes who can defend everywhere, and we don't have to hide anyone.  When Kuath gets stuck on the perimeter guarding a guard, its not just a blow by for a layup or easy pass off.  Just nice to watch after all these years.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 01:39:12 PM »
"That's how important grad transfers (or any transfer) are now."

But then you forgot OMP.  ;)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 01:40:39 PM »
Another thing I love about this team, they are winning and beating quality opponents.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 01:48:19 PM »
Another thing I love about this team, they are winning and beating quality opponents.

100%  Goose. And not by one guy going off randomly, but by true team efforts that takes away some of the "fluke" feeling around it. Last night the defense was connected and the team played for each other. Finally we're the team causing the scoring droughts for the other team.

Loving every minute of it. And a great team to watch and root for. Maybe my favorite in a long time.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 02:06:06 PM »
One thing I'm NOT loving is giving up far too many offensive rebounds otherwise no complaints at all!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 02:11:14 PM »
One thing I'm NOT loving is giving up far too many offensive rebounds otherwise no complaints at all!

We don't get many offensive boards, either. Had zero for the first 27 minutes last night, and finished with 2. If I heard correctly, the announcers said we were ranked 300-something in the nation in offensive rebounding.

I guess it's the mix of players we have and system we play, but you'd think we'd get more than 2 offensive boards by accident in a game in which we're playing as hard as we did.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

hawk

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 12:26:24 PM »
MU doesn't follow the shots to the glass, almost never.  That alone would increase offensive boards.  On the other hand if you are negative nine on the glass but plus 11 on steals/turnovers I guess its a push