[Today at 02:39:15 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 71 more charges today  (Read 2483 times)

tower912

• All American
71 more charges today
« on: January 13, 2022, 02:36:10 PM »
For the Waukesha murderer.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: 71 more charges today
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 02:57:56 PM »
When are they gonna set bail?  Does $1000 seem kinda high?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 07:13:58 PM »
So he'll now be serving 200 concurrent life sentences?  Great. unnatural carnal knowledge that guy.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 07:50:54 AM »
I wish the media would do a follow up on all the people he maimed.  I imagine there are dozens of people who are still in rehab, or worse.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 08:07:18 AM »
Agreed.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 09:09:55 AM »
I wish the media would do a follow up on all the people he maimed.  I imagine there are dozens of people who are still in rehab, or worse.

Ditto.  Well said. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 11:40:42 AM »

Waukesha? Victims? Huh? What's that? Never heard of it. Let's talk January 6 some more.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 11:44:12 AM »
Waukesha? Victims? Huh? What's that? Never heard of it. Let's talk January 6 some more.
The Chicosest thing you've posted yet. Comparing a single, heinous murderer to the attempted overthrown of the American government. Congrats.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 12:33:43 PM »
The Chicosest thing you've posted yet. Comparing a single, heinous murderer to the attempted overthrown of the American government. Congrats.

I guess teal means nothing to hyper-partisans.

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 12:35:54 PM »

Teal has its place.  Your comment was just dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 02:46:57 PM »
Ah yes, the magical "I was just kidding" shield. The greatest dad of all time taught you well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 04:29:56 PM »
I read this title and thought your wife went on a shopping spree with the credit card, tower!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 06:12:29 PM »

Hack.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 06:21:47 PM »
Your opinion is important to me. Thank you.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 08:19:00 PM »
Cheekz gonna cheekz. I don’t think he’s trying anymore.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »
Do you think the Capitol riot was worse than the Waukesha massacre?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 08:41:06 AM »

I think both are terrible and criminal behavior.  The murderer in Waukesha deserves far more than what he’ll get in a trial.

I think the perpetrators of the Capitol Riot deserve to be tried as the seditious individuals they are.

Both resulted in the deaths of individuals that didn’t deserve their fates
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 08:51:46 AM »
I think both are terrible and criminal behavior.  The murderer in Waukesha deserves far more than what he’ll get in a trial.

I think the perpetrators of the Capitol Riot deserve to be tried as the seditious individuals they are.

Both resulted in the deaths of individuals that didn’t deserve their fates
Ashli Babbit didn't deserve it? That's debateable. I think the intentional murders of 6 people in Waukesha is far worse than anything that happened at the Capitol riot. Hell, one of the victims was 8 years old!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 10:38:05 AM »
Ashli Babbit didn't deserve it? That's debateable. I think the intentional murders of 6 people in Waukesha is far worse than anything that happened at the Capitol riot. Hell, one of the victims was 8 years old!

Playing “which is worse” between two awful events is really pretty dumb. They both happened. They both were really bad.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2022, 01:42:02 PM »
Unquestionably.  The murderer was a heinous, vile individual who perpetrated an awful act and will undoubtably spend the rest of his pitiful life in jail.

The attack on the Captial was an attempt to overthrow our very democracy and install an authoritarian government. It was without question the worst internal attack on the U.S. since the Civil War and differed from that in that it was led the sitting president.

Unfortunately, in our violent, gun-obsessed country, about 60 people are murdered every day. Attempts to overthrow the government happen, apparently, once in 150 years or so. But beyond frequency, the magnitude of overthrowing the government is much, much larger, than a multiple murder even as heinous as that was.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:46:22 PM by TSmith34 »

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 11:51:57 AM »
Unquestionably.  The murderer was a heinous, vile individual who perpetrated an awful act and will undoubtably spend the rest of his pitiful life in jail.

The attack on the Captial was an attempt to overthrow our very democracy and install an authoritarian government. It was without question the worst internal attack on the U.S. since the Civil War and differed from that in that it was led the sitting president.

Unfortunately, in our violent, gun-obsessed country, about 60 people are murdered every day. Attempts to overthrow the government happen, apparently, once in 150 years or so. But beyond frequency, the magnitude of overthrowing the government is much, much larger, than a multiple murder even as heinous as that was.
How do you reconcile that in our violent, gun-obsessed country the people who attacked the Capitol to, as you say, attempt to overthrow our democracy (constitutional republic) were not armed?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2022, 12:16:22 PM »
How do you reconcile that in our violent, gun-obsessed country the people who attacked the Capitol to, as you say, attempt to overthrow our democracy (constitutional republic) were not armed?

What?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2022, 12:46:00 PM »
You may wish to read the indictment of the Oath Keepers leader below.

But more broadly, if I am reading you correctly, you see the attack on the Capitol as simply a spontaneous riot that got out of hand rather than as the endgame to a well-orchestrated attempt to overthrow the government.

I mean, they documented and circulated a 38-page PowerPoint on exactly how they were going to do it. Steve Bannon bragged about it in advance. Trump and his allies set up two separate War Rooms in the days before Jan 6th to plan and coordinate how to stop the certification. Bannon, Rudy, Flynn, Stone, and even Alex Jones participated. None of this is speculation or conspiracy theory stuff, it is all well-documented and publicly available.

For Oath Keepers and founder, Jan. 6 was weeks in the making
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/for-oath-keepers-and-founder-jan-6-was-weeks-in-the-making/ar-AASPvOr?ocid=uxbndlbing

"As that transition in Washington drew close, Oath Keepers spoke of an arsenal they would keep just a few minutes away and grab if needed. Rhodes is accused of spending $15,500 on firearms and related equipment including a shotgun, AR-15, mounts, triggers, scopes and magazines, prosecutors said.

Others came prepared, too.

“Everyone coming has their own technical equipment and knows how to use it,” wrote Edward Vallejo, who also was charged in the conspiracy.

Oath Keepers staged the guns in hotels just outside of the District of Columbia. Rhodes said they were “QRFs” —military-speak for quick reaction force, according to court papers."

Capitol attack panel obtains PowerPoint that set out plan for Trump to stage coup
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/10/trump-powerpoint-mark-meadows-capitol-attack

"Several current members of Congress have been suspected of having prior knowledge of the insurrection in an effort to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s victory. A recent report revealed that several Republican senators and congressmen were briefed on the 38-page Powerpoint presentation detailing how to overturn the 2020 election results.

The Guardian revealed last week that the 38-page presentation detailing how the Republican Party can stage a coup following the 2020 elections was presented to a group of GOP senators and congressmen on January 4, two days before the Capitol insurrection. The lawmakers were not named in the report. The lawmakers also do not appear to have contacted the FBI or the public regarding the coup attempt."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 12:51:23 PM by TSmith34 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2022, 01:41:37 PM »

If you close your eyes really, really tight, the attempted coup never happened.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2022, 01:56:40 PM »

Lots of them were armed with guns, knives, lead pipes and other weapons.

Even those who weren't armed with "regular weapons" used anything and everything at their disposal to batter more than 100 Capitol police officers.

I guess you must have missed the videos and photos of some of those traitorous felons, having been incited into a rage by the president of the United States, using flagsticks bearing the American flag to beat the hell out of cops.

Nothing says MAGA like using actual American flags as physical weapons to stage a violent coup against the U.S. government on behalf of the U.S. president.

But hey, at least they didn't do something really violent, heinous, anti-democratic and un-American like peacefully taking a knee before a football game!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback