collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Bob Saget  (Read 4127 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: RIP Bob Saget
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 11:01:28 AM »
I know a couple of people that had encountered Bob professionally/personally and couldn’t speak higher of him. My old roommate’s father was actually floormates with him at Temple and kept in sporadic touch after all those years.

Once the 2000s revealed the crass degenerate brand of comedy that directly countered his Full House/AFHV persona, it almost seemed like he was an unsavory character.  But much like Norm, his comedy was super edgy and offensive to some, but the man behind it was an great guy who was truly a mensch

one of my best friends used to work with Comics Come Home in Madison (Farley Foundation). Saget was one the bill one year and my buddy was stunned how absolutely crass and perverted he was (especially when discussing the Olsen Twins). That said, he said Saget couldn't have been nicer or more generous.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 12:17:57 PM »
one of my best friends used to work with Comics Come Home in Madison (Farley Foundation). Saget was one the bill one year and my buddy was stunned how absolutely crass and perverted he was (especially when discussing the Olsen Twins). That said, he said Saget couldn't have been nicer or more generous.
Thanks Chicos

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2022, 12:21:06 PM »
Thanks Chicos

if I were Chicos I would have been the one hanging out with Saget.  ;D

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 12:56:35 PM »

if I were Chicos I would have been the one hanging out with Saget.  ;D
Instead, dad got to do it. So unfair.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 01:42:26 PM »
Somewhere Josh Radnor's gotta be terrified that some year in the future  this will happen to him.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2022, 07:24:38 AM »
Actor and comedian Bob Saget, who was found dead in a Florida hotel room last month, died of a head injury, his family said Wednesday.

“The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma,” the family said in a statement. “They concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/02/10/bob-saget-head-trauma-death/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3600794%2F620500af9d2fda34e7875606%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F27%2F44%2F620500af9d2fda34e7875606
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2022, 07:49:02 AM »
You think they never have hookers and blow at The Ritz?

Not saying this is the case in this instance..

Bump

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2022, 04:45:59 PM »
Actor and comedian Bob Saget, who was found dead in a Florida hotel room last month, died of a head injury, his family said Wednesday.

“The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma,” the family said in a statement. “They concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/02/10/bob-saget-head-trauma-death/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3600794%2F620500af9d2fda34e7875606%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F27%2F44%2F620500af9d2fda34e7875606

that happened to a kid I worked with. So tragic. Didn't even report headaches or dizziness to his roommate. Shows how fragile the body really is.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2022, 06:49:42 PM »
that happened to a kid I worked with. So tragic. Didn't even report headaches or dizziness to his roommate. Shows how fragile the body really is.

But it turns out he didn't just bump his head.  He had multiple skull fractures according to the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/11/health/bob-saget-autopsy-skull-fractures.html?smid=tw-nytimesarts&smtyp=cur
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2022, 07:03:47 PM »
“It’s like an egg cracking,” said Dr. Jeffrey Bazarian.

Yikes.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »
this is kinda weird-i mean he hit his head so hard, multiple hematomas, both eyes were black and blue...only thing i can think is he was so traumatized and out of it that he just laid down and didn't wake.  but no report on where he hit his head, but they describe the injury like getting hit with a bat multiple times?
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2022, 07:52:34 PM »
this is kinda weird-i mean he hit his head so hard, multiple hematomas, both eyes were black and blue...only thing i can think is he was so traumatized and out of it that he just laid down and didn't wake.  but no report on where he hit his head, but they describe the injury like getting hit with a bat multiple times?

Yeah it certainly leaves a lot of questions. But this is just an autopsy so it’s not going to answer some of those other questions.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2022, 08:16:08 AM »
Do we all tend to agree that Bob was probably murdered?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2022, 08:16:58 AM »
I tend to agree with that analysis.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2022, 09:36:07 AM »
I just think it is all really strange. Even before the recent news my thought was, "If I hit my head so hard that it could kill me, I would probably mention it to my wife in a phone call or text." At the time, I certainly understood that he might not have thought too much of it, but I still thought it was odd that he wouldn't have mentioned it to his wife. Now, with the new information that was released mentioning the extent of the damage...well, that's just really strange.

I saw earlier today that his family has sued to try to prevent release of more information. I can't say that I blame them. It's hard to lose a loved one. I cannot imagine how much harder it would be if that person was a public figure and details were being reported in the press.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2022, 09:44:01 AM »
Do we all tend to agree that Bob was probably murdered?

The problem is that video footage apparently doesn't show anyone entering or leaving his room.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2022, 10:57:31 AM »
I wonder if the Sheriff had any influence in the autopsy report conclusion. They were really quick to say no foul play was suspected. Did they not treat it like a potential crime scene?
Did they not see his skull was bashed in so they just bagged and tagged him and then went on their way?
 Did the hotel clean up the room before they realized the extent of the injuries?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »
OK ... I admit it ... Angry Billy did it, and I helped cover it up!

Angry Billy said something about the Olsens ... and there was some shoving involved ... and Bob's head hit the nightstand ... and ... damn!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »
OK ... I admit it ... Angry Billy did it, and I helped cover it up!

Angry Billy said something about the Olsens ... and there was some shoving involved ... and Bob's head hit the nightstand ... and ... damn!

How solid is Kimmy's alibi?  She always rubbed me the wrong way.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2022, 08:12:03 PM »

The middle girl was hard in to drugs.  I'd pick her.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2022, 06:13:05 AM »

Too easy... too easy.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2022, 08:00:51 AM »

Kimmy rubbed you?

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.