[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Memo to Rotterdam  (Read 2320 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Memo to Rotterdam
« on: February 04, 2022, 05:55:53 PM »
Do not dismantle that bridge.  How on God's Green Earth do you build a freaking Sea City/Superyacht and not take into account the bridge there?  Tell Mr. Bezos not happening dude.

JWags85

• All American
Re: Memo to Rotterdam
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:20:34 PM »
Did you read the story tho? It’s a totally non issue, it’s just got buzz cause everything with Bezos and money does.

The company will pay to dismantle it, just the center portion, it will immediately be put back together and the city government doesn’t have much issue. It’s not a beautiful impressive bridge, it’s not some old wooden relic. Nobody will even remember it happened in 6 months.  If it was a huge shipping boat it wouldn’t even be news

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:23:39 PM »
Did you read the story tho? It’s a totally non issue, it’s just got buzz cause everything with Bezos and money does.

The company will pay to dismantle it, just the center portion, it will immediately be put back together and the city government doesn’t have much issue. It’s not a beautiful impressive bridge, it’s not some old wooden relic. Nobody will even remember it happened in 6 months.  If it was a huge shipping boat it wouldn’t even be news

I'll admit I didn't.  It just bothers me based on general principle

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:26:57 PM »
I'll admit I didn't.  It just bothers me based on general principle

Any mammal disruptions?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:09:05 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Blackheart tlink=topic=62964.msg1417039#msg1417039 date=1644024417
Any mammal disruptions?

Probably.  He disrupts everything.  But I'm sure his ship is really good for the environment and all of his climate change goals.  What a great messenger.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »
Any mammal disruptions?
It bothers him……and then says where in the world can I get a forum to …..I know….scoop…they love me…..I’ll post about:
Elephants, tigers, Africa, shakas recruiting, turnovers, the big East, the big East tournament, Darryl morsel, recruiting, Kur, Osa, JLew the dence, and hundreds of topics that none of have even heard yet!
This is so much fun to have an audience!
When Tower said muggy was chatty…he wasn’t kidding.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 08:57:10 PM »
Probably.  He disrupts everything.  But I'm sure his ship is really good for the environment and all of his climate change goals.  What a great messenger.

It’s a sailing yacht, aka a massive sailboat which is why the bridge is an issue, cause of it’s masts, with solar panel sails, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »
It’s a sailing yacht, aka a massive sailboat which is why the bridge is an issue, cause of it’s masts, with solar panel sails, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, but it could inadvertently take out a walrus or two…

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 12:30:41 PM »

Yeah, but it could inadvertently take out a walrus or two…

That troubles me Gooooo.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 03:44:53 PM »
The good citizens of Rotterdam are organizing a reception for Bezos' yacht . They plan on christening  it with rotten eggs as it passes through their bridge.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 03:55:54 PM »
Bezos ship is a 410 foot three mask sailing Yacht.  But it is missing something ... so ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-luxury-mega-yacht-support-yacht-amazon-unbound-2021-5

In addition to the mega-yacht, Bezos has reportedly commissioned a second, smaller, "support yacht" that will include its own helipad. Bezos' girlfriend, Lauren Sanchez, is a helicopter pilot and Stone reports that Bezos has taken flying lessons as well.

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »
A friend of mine works for an organization that received $40 million unsolicited from Bezos’ ex-wife. Billionaires should be more like her and less like him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »
Road trip?

At least 1,000 Dutch locals have vowed to throw rotten eggs at Jeff Bezos’ newly built $490 million megayacht as it will sail for the first time after dismantling a historic bridge to pass through.

https://twitter.com/NotHoodlum/status/1490701910613057539?s=20&t=mCRNbEs5KV11ctuPjtnqOg

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 11:31:25 AM »
Do they throw eggs at every megayacht built there?  And chastise the 300+ plus employees that Oceanco employs daily?

These people dont actually care about the bridge being dismantled, as if it was for a random boat for some non-Bezos rich guy they wouldn't even notice.  And figuratively spitting at the output of maybe the most prominent industry in Rotterdam is rich.

This feels like if the people of Crewe in the UK were suddenly having a conniption because the railway station closed a track for a day to load a Sheik's custom Rolls Royce onto a train car and proceeded to egg the car and or train

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 03:24:48 PM »
They just have to do something with all those rotten eggs in Europe
They don't refrigerate them in many countries

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 04:19:48 PM »
They just have to do something with all those rotten eggs in Europe
They don't refrigerate them in many countries

Eggs that aren't refrigerated keep longer. We do it in the states because the cleaning process destroys the protective membrane
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 06:57:21 PM »
Eggs that aren't refrigerated keep longer. We do it in the states because the cleaning process destroys the protective membrane

You're half right.  Refrigerated eggs keep longer, but it costs money to do this... plus money to wash the eggs.  If we didn't wash the eggs they'd last a little longer in the fridge.

But yeah, washing eggs is incredibly wasteful and stupid.  Perfectly American.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »
You're half right.  Refrigerated eggs keep longer, but it costs money to do this... plus money to wash the eggs.  If we didn't wash the eggs they'd last a little longer in the fridge.

But yeah, washing eggs is incredibly wasteful and stupid.  Perfectly American.

Gotcha, guess I never looked at the date on my eggs when I was living in Ireland but my buddy has a few chickens and never shuts up about how much longer they last. Maybe it just seems that way due to adding a few days that they'd normally be in transit or in a warehouse.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 09:26:14 AM »
This is the kind of amusing and reasonably informative diversion I come to Scoop for

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2022, 10:09:14 AM »
Gotcha, guess I never looked at the date on my eggs when I was living in Ireland but my buddy has a few chickens and never shuts up about how much longer they last. Maybe it just seems that way due to adding a few days that they'd normally be in transit or in a warehouse.

For sure, we have around 20 chickens, and my MIL (she and her husband live at the farm) still puts the eggs in the fridge.  I wish she wouldn't, but there is no changing some people's beliefs.

Also, nothing better than some eggs right out of the bird... not as fun to wash the feathers and poo off of them, but damn they're so much better.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 09:44:39 PM »
GF has chickens and I totally agree the eggs are better. One thing I think about is the pooh and feathers when I crack them open open. I usually wash them a bit and still I wonder. She also has a couple of ducks. Those eggs are pretty darn good too.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 11:35:52 PM »
GF has chickens and I totally agree the eggs are better. One thing I think about is the pooh and feathers when I crack them open open. I usually wash them a bit and still I wonder. She also has a couple of ducks. Those eggs are pretty darn good too.

You should ALWAYS wash them... unless you're interested in E. coli.  But wash them in warm water right before you crack them. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 06:14:33 AM by Hards_Alumni »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 09:17:24 PM »
One of the best things about living out in the country is buying eggs out of the Coleman coolers that farmers set out at end of their driveways.

They taste great, and there is something kind of neat about about opening up a cartoon of eggs of various colors, including blue and green ones.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback