[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Kolek-t call from DC  (Read 9729 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Kolek-t call from DC
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2022, 09:40:14 PM »
After laying eggs offensively through December, MU has now played two back to back great complete offensive games (both halves). Two best offensive games of the season. Keep it going and we are a force.

That said, this defense has been very good all season even in the games where the O has been bad. Now 45th in KPom and even higher in Haslam. Fun

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2022, 09:43:11 PM »
DC Marvel would have been my thread title, but not bad Tower.

As part of the cult of low expectations, I must admit this team is trending up.  Let's keep the momentum going!

Not bad on both counts, but mine would have been Ring Out aHoya MU Ra Ra.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 09:45:30 PM »
Tyler Kolek is so good. Really impressed how good he is on the defensive end, and watching him, the combination of DeAndre Haynes and Darryl Morsell seems to be paying off. His distribution, active hands, and ability to fight through screens has all improved as the year has gone on. I love watching him play.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 10:12:36 PM »
What's the season record for blocks? I know that the 4-year record is Jimmy Mac's 199.  Kur has to be close.

The season record for blocks is 142 (McIlvaine, who has 4 of the top 5 seasons all time)

Kur has 47 with 14 games plus postseason remaining.  Kuath won't be able to touch 142, but he could chase down Mac's 2nd best season of 92 blocks.

The season record for assists is 274 (Tony Miller, who has 4 of the 6 MU seasons over 200).

Kolek has 92 assists with 14 games plus postseason remaining.  At his current pace Kolek would be at about 170 through regular season.  He could have a shot at Diener's highest year (187, 7th all time at MU).

Interestingly, Mac's 142 blocks and Miller's 274 assists both came in the 1993-1994 season

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 10:40:30 PM »
++ Tremendous energy and high-quality play throughout. Really fun to watch the ball movement and aggressiveness on offense, and the quick hands on D.

++ Kolek and O-Max really set the tone early.

++ There was a noticeable drop-off offensively after Kolek went out with his second foul. Beyond the "measurables" like assists and points, he is by far the best on the team at simply organizing the offense. For that reason, he's the most important player on the team.

++ Hopefully Stevie can develop into an offense organizer, too, because Kolek can get in foul trouble, can miss a couple games with Covid or injuries, etc.

++ I'm not gonna waste my time going back and reading the posts about O-Max being garbage. Some Scoopers never effen learn. Very high ceiling for this young man.

++ Another strong game from our 5 position. Kuath again was very active and had his first double-digit rebounding game as a Warrior Eagle.

++ Elliott made three 3s to lift his season percentage to .472. He also had 4 nice assists for the second straight game. So nice to see him healthy and effective.

++ Georgetown isn't very good even at full strength, and they were really really bad tonight ... but of course Marquette had something to do with that.

++ Cam Brown had some really nice plays ... at least according to the play-by-play guy. Kam Jones did, too!

++ We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2022, 11:00:19 PM »
The tip was so early and I couldn’t get off work, also I’m still recovering from being killed in a carjacking outside the Fiserv on Tuesday. 

Did we score 50?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2022, 11:02:02 PM »
The tip was so early and I couldn’t get off work, also I’m still recovering from being killed in a carjacking outside the Fiserv on Tuesday. 

Did we score 50?

49 but we’ll be ok. Our defense is getting better.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2022, 11:24:16 PM »
Keep your eyes on Kolek. He might be a difference maker.

Someone called him out on Twitter a few weeks ago, they predicted transfer. 

I replied that we’re more likely to retire his number than see him transfer.

Dude is a dude.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2022, 11:29:34 PM »
I hope Nolongerwarriors enjoyed tonight’s game.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2022, 11:41:30 PM »
Someone called him out on Twitter a few weeks ago, they predicted transfer. 

I replied that we’re more likely to retire his number than see him transfer.

Dude is a dude.

He is an amazing passer, has a natural gift that I’m not even sure Shaka knew he had when he brought him on board.

Today he showed some additional skills scoring and finishing at the hoop.

He is invaluable controlling the offense and his importance to the team is immeasurable.

Some have said he’s a great defender- I won’t go that far, I think Stevie has the makings of a great defender. TyKo is very engaged and scrappy though, he fights and holds his own.

As for his shot- Shaka obviously saw something there and he’s been able to make them in the past, so there’s a possibility he ends up a much much better 3P shooter, but I would guess highly unlikely he ends up elite. That would turn him to the next level type of player that “gets his number retired.”

All that said, I’d argue that we are much more likely to retire his number in our hearts than in actual MU history. He’s for sure a dude, but a lot of dudes don’t have their number retired.

The fans will love him and he will stuff the assists stat sheets, I just don’t think he will get to Diener and Tony Miller levels. That’s ok though, doesn’t mean he won’t be a great MU player who fans will love.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2022, 11:48:40 PM »
I hope Nolongerwarriors enjoyed tonight’s game.

He did. When we blew the first 19 point lead down to 3.

He logged off immediately when the lead grew back to 10 in a minute
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2022, 12:57:26 AM »
6. Scored 35+ more than tower predicted....

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2022, 01:02:51 AM »
83 to 48 in Kenpom over the last 2 games…

1SE

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2022, 01:56:19 AM »
BLM

Get used to the dunks. We have a decade of dunks ahead of us.

That back to.back ooop sequence, with the 1st led by the kolek steal, was some of the most eye pleasing basketball I've seen from MU in a long time
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2022, 05:20:17 AM »
6. Scored 35+ more than tower predicted....
Keep pointing out I was right.   Your obsession is fun.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2022, 05:31:18 AM »
On MUscoop Kolek = Cadougan

Posters could only see Cadougan's weaknesses and did not give him credit for what he brought to Buzz's teams.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2022, 06:30:29 AM »
He is an amazing passer, has a natural gift that I’m not even sure Shaka knew he had when he brought him on board.

Today he showed some additional skills scoring and finishing at the hoop.

He is invaluable controlling the offense and his importance to the team is immeasurable.

Some have said he’s a great defender- I won’t go that far, I think Stevie has the makings of a great defender. TyKo is very engaged and scrappy though, he fights and holds his own.

As for his shot- Shaka obviously saw something there and he’s been able to make them in the past, so there’s a possibility he ends up a much much better 3P shooter, but I would guess highly unlikely he ends up elite. That would turn him to the next level type of player that “gets his number retired.”

All that said, I’d argue that we are much more likely to retire his number in our hearts than in actual MU history. He’s for sure a dude, but a lot of dudes don’t have their number retired.

The fans will love him and he will stuff the assists stat sheets, I just don’t think he will get to Diener and Tony Miller levels. That’s ok though, doesn’t mean he won’t be a great MU player who fans will love.
He likely will not reach Miller level, but he can and should reach Diener.
Kolek is best distributor since Miller
Dinner was of course better overall.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2022, 07:28:28 AM »
I did enjoy, as much as you can enjoy a turnover, the sequence where Kolek tried to pass in the lane with 3-4 Hoyas and it was tipped and stolen, but immediately got back on defense and 5 seconds after the turnover stuck his hand out and stole a pass one-handed like he was a 1970’s Oakland Raider wide receiver (like he had stickum on his hands for you younguns)

Viper

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2022, 08:18:33 AM »

Did we score 50?
Mayor Barrett’s apology is in the mail.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »

Bart Miller?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2022, 08:54:17 AM »

What did you have?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:16:01 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2022, 09:06:11 AM »
Kolek is going to be one of those guys that opponents will think he played at MU for 10 years and that is what makes him special. This is kid has the shortest memory out there, sees the floor at a very level and is a very smart defender, that is recipe for success. He is quickly becoming one of favorite players over the past twenty years.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2022, 09:28:18 AM »
Bart Miller?
Ah yes. Another blast from the past
 Don't think anyone who knows MU history would confuse Bart with Tony.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2022, 09:34:47 AM »
What did you have?
Three Manhattans
And Kolek is best distributor since Tony Miller
Now argue that all you want. You probably don't remember Tony.or some other great MU points like Nixon, Worthen, Mandy, etc.

feedback