[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Oso Ighodaro is Awesome  (Read 6144 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Oso Ighodaro is Awesome
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 08:36:07 AM »
Fun fact: when I was out in Phoenix over the holidays my nephew said, "I know one of the guys on Marquette's team."  Obviously, it was Oso.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 08:39:17 AM »
Akanno was supposed to be a savior. Nobody had seen a player like Jamil Wilson since D Wade. These are rough quotes from articles and posters who got to go to practices.

Genuinely hope the kids decent enough to be impactful in two years.
Akanno got COVID early.   I am going to hope that we get an Anim level contribution.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 08:45:16 AM »
Akanno got COVID early.   I am going to hope that we get an Anim level contribution.

Interestingly, of all the guys I remember sitting out since Wade, Sacar might be the one we heard the least about. Guys like Fitzgerald and Froling were going to set the world on fire (along with others already mentioned) but Sacar is probably the best sit-out producer we had since Wade.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 08:52:22 AM »
Interestingly, of all the guys I remember sitting out since Wade, Sacar might be the one we heard the least about. Guys like Fitzgerald and Froling were going to set the world on fire (along with others already mentioned) but Sacar is probably the best sit-out producer we had since Wade.

rowsey but that was a transfer sit out not a traditional red shirt.
Maigh Eo for Sam

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 08:56:51 AM »
Fitz stepped into a hard situation.  Everyone was billing him as having shooting skills on the level of Novak.
Few if any have that, bar Markus.
I appreciate Fitz for playing the 5 spot when no one on the team was anywhere capable of doing that.  They even at times had to go to Lazar to play the 5 where he typically played as an undersized  4.  One of the great short comings of Crean.  If only he had a center at the skill set of the 3-Amigos and Lazar.

Maybe some similarity to Kuath and Oso playing the 5 position.  They are under-weight to all the power conference 5s.
But they make up for that with other skills like shot blocking for Kuath and Oso's skill set.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 09:21:40 AM »
And how many red shirt players have been anointed out of this world? Im gonna temper expectations

Itejere is a freak athlete. It remains to be seen how good he is at basketball.  I'm still hoping for a grad transfer big to team up with Oso next year.

Then when Itejere is a redshirt sophomore, hopefully he is good enough to back up Oso.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 09:35:05 AM »
There seems to be a distinction between redshirting a transfer and redshirting a current player. 
Redshirting a transfer a lot of times is because there is a definite deficiency in the current team and they need someone to fill it.
Redshirt a current player is for player development and keeping a year of eligibility. 

This distinction may account why some redshirts are more productive for the program than others.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 10:00:00 AM »
Keeyan has good ball skills and a decent looking outside shot. Skill wise, he's ahead of where Oso was last year.

The way Oso has defended in the post has been the biggest surprise. Very aggressive in ball denials even though he gives up size.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 10:41:01 AM »
Keeyan has good ball skills and a decent looking outside shot. Skill wise, he's ahead of where Oso was last year.

The way Oso has defended in the post has been the biggest surprise. Very aggressive in ball denials even though he gives up size.

Keeyan also has an athleticism factor that most players do not. From the reports, good hands and pretty good footwork.

He also seems to have a decent midrange which could allow for an oso/keeyan "tall lineup" at some point. It probably wouldn't hurt to add another true 5 though.

That said, Oso is just touching his potential. VERY excited to see both of them out there next year and what comes next.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 11:45:45 AM »
rowsey but that was a transfer sit out not a traditional red shirt.

Rowsey came to mind as another after I posted that. Couldn't guard a stump, but phenomenal scorer.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 11:46:54 AM »
The stump was taller.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2022, 09:13:44 PM »
So I know Oso is a RS freshman this year w/covid, but did anyone hear that tidbit from the game that he entered school with Junior level credits. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I thought that's what they said. If that's the case he'd be on the path to graduation this year. Will be interesting to see if that plays a role in his following years.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2022, 09:27:00 PM »
So I know Oso is a RS freshman this year w/covid, but did anyone hear that tidbit from the game that he entered school with Junior level credits. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I thought that's what they said. If that's the case he'd be on the path to graduation this year. Will be interesting to see if that plays a role in his following years.

That's what I heard as well between that, omax speaking four languages and Greg Elliott has to be nearing a doctorate degree, there's some impressive people on the team!
Maigh Eo for Sam

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2022, 11:45:29 PM »

He's on some grad degree program, part of the reason he wanted to stay, so i think that means he's done with a graduate degree after his JR eligibility season. (4 years total (2 more after this year)).

He might make the NBA after getting a Grad degree. Shaka does a master class with the 5 position.

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2022, 11:07:35 AM »
I remember when he was being recruited hearing he was so intelligent that he could have gone to Stanford or Princeton on an academic scholarship had he not been awesome at basketball too.

So the fact he has this amazing, super unique pedigree and is from Arizona and still picked Marquette is amazing.

He’s also extremely hard working and team oriented and could be a catalyst in taking Marquette to another Final 4 before he leaves. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 11:57:30 AM by duanewade »

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2022, 11:17:46 AM »
I remember when he was being recruited  hearing he was so intelligent that he could have gone to Stanford or Princeton on an academic scholarship had he not been awesome at basketball too.

So the fact he has this amazing, super unique pedigree and is from Arizona and still picked Marquette is amazing.

He’s also extremely hard working and team oriented and could be a catalyst in taking Marquette to another Final 4 before he leaves.
That he picked MU is largely due to Stan Johnson’s efforts.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2022, 04:05:28 PM »
That he picked MU is largely due to Stan Johnson’s efforts.

IRRC, Markus also was involved.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2022, 01:20:59 PM »
I remember when he was being recruited hearing he was so intelligent that he could have gone to Stanford or Princeton on an academic scholarship had he not been awesome at basketball too.

I have no doubt Oso is really smart (he picked Marquette, after all...clearly a smart kid). However, whoever you heard that from doesn't understand how scholarships and financial aid work at Stanford or Princeton.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:18:48 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2022, 01:33:34 PM »
IRRC, Markus also was involved.
And, Markus was also here because of Stan…..

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2022, 01:44:57 PM »
And, Markus was also here because of Stan…..

Yep.

And of course, Stan was here because of He Who Shall Not Be Named.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback