[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is the team in Providence?  (Read 5626 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Is the team in Providence?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2022, 02:41:25 PM »
Porky resides 40 miles northeast of NYC on LI sound, and despite our sort of coastal location, we only got about 5 inches so nowhere near as bad as predicted.  There are very high winds though.   Go 25 miles further east of Porky's place though and it's much worse.  A former co-worker of Porky's who now lives just outside of Providence told me an hour or so ago they have about 2ft and wind guts of 75mph.   If safe enough, Porky and family may buy tix and head up since it's a straight 2hour shot for us up I-95 North.

Just be safe!!  75 mph us no joke Porky.

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2022, 05:04:09 PM »
Just be safe!!  75 mph us no joke Porky.

Thx and no doubt!  We won't go if it isn't.  It should be relatively easy to buy tix at the game though.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
None of the Providence players own boots?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2022, 06:41:52 PM »
From the NYT:

After dropping a blanket of snow over parts of New York and New Jersey, including more than 18 inches on some parts of Long Island, a powerful winter storm continued to march northeast on Saturday evening, bringing high winds and significant snow to eastern New England.

More than a foot of snow had already hit some parts of southeast Massachusetts and eastern Connecticut, according to the National Weather Service, and the number of power outages was growing — especially along the shore, with almost every customer in Provincetown on the tip of Cape Cod reported without electricity.

On Nantucket, officials opened the high school cafeteria to serve as an emergency heating shelter, with temperatures set to drop into the teens overnight.

Parts of Rhode Island and eastern Massachusetts up to coastal Maine could get up to two feet of snow by the time the storm tapers off later this evening and overnight. Minor coastal flooding is possible in some places.

In the meantime, the intense snowfall and high winds have ground activities to a halt in much of eastern New England, with stores closed and residents largely adhering to warnings and huddling inside. The governors of Massachusetts and Rhode Island warned residents to stay off the road, as wind-driven snow created poor visibility.

“It’s near-whiteout to whiteout conditions,” said Marc Chenard, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. A gust of 74 miles per hour was reported on Nantucket, according to the Weather Service. “Travel will be very difficult at best and nearly impossible in spots,” Mr. Chenard said.

Power outages had left over 100,000 customers without electricity in Massachusetts, according to Eversource, the area’s major utility. “Tomorrow will continue to be a very long day,” Gov. Charlie Baker said, noting that high winds were hindering power restoration.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 06:56:13 PM »
Soft.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 06:58:09 PM »
From the NYT:

After dropping a blanket of snow over parts of New York and New Jersey, including more than 18 inches on some parts of Long Island, a powerful winter storm continued to march northeast on Saturday evening, bringing high winds and significant snow to eastern New England.

More than a foot of snow had already hit some parts of southeast Massachusetts and eastern Connecticut, according to the National Weather Service, and the number of power outages was growing — especially along the shore, with almost every customer in Provincetown on the tip of Cape Cod reported without electricity.

On Nantucket, officials opened the high school cafeteria to serve as an emergency heating shelter, with temperatures set to drop into the teens overnight.

Parts of Rhode Island and eastern Massachusetts up to coastal Maine could get up to two feet of snow by the time the storm tapers off later this evening and overnight. Minor coastal flooding is possible in some places.

In the meantime, the intense snowfall and high winds have ground activities to a halt in much of eastern New England, with stores closed and residents largely adhering to warnings and huddling inside. The governors of Massachusetts and Rhode Island warned residents to stay off the road, as wind-driven snow created poor visibility.

“It’s near-whiteout to whiteout conditions,” said Marc Chenard, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. A gust of 74 miles per hour was reported on Nantucket, according to the Weather Service. “Travel will be very difficult at best and nearly impossible in spots,” Mr. Chenard said.

Power outages had left over 100,000 customers without electricity in Massachusetts, according to Eversource, the area’s major utility. “Tomorrow will continue to be a very long day,” Gov. Charlie Baker said, noting that high winds were hindering power restoration.

Soft
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2022, 06:58:30 PM »
As of 6 hrs ago Providence had 16.5” of snow.

We Shoulda played. Far under the 24” they predicted.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »

Decades of baby boomers leading this country has made us soft
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2022, 07:04:10 PM »

It ain't over.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2022, 07:11:42 PM »

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2022, 07:40:34 PM »

As an MU grad who grew up in Providence as a Friar fan, I need to chime in. I have tix to game, live about an hour away; if they had fans today, no way I would have made the game. Route 95 was closed in a couple of locations, blizzard verified in several areas, and it was a snowy, wind driven day. I am not sure where you guys live, but Northeast winds off the Atlantic are pretty powerful. When it snows 2 to 3 inches an hour with winds gusting to tropical storm force, it's really not soft. Could they have played? Probably. But having experienced the storm and having snow blown twice through 3 to 4 foot drifts and 20 inches on the ground, it is not really soft, if you wanted fans to attend. The Friars have lost 2 or 3 home games, I am sure they did not want to lose another.

I will be there tomorrow, should be a

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2022, 07:47:12 PM »
As an MU grad who grew up in Providence as a Friar fan, I need to chime in. I have tix to game, live about an hour away; if they had fans today, no way I would have made the game. Route 95 was closed in a couple of locations, blizzard verified in several areas, and it was a snowy, wind driven day. I am not sure where you guys live, but Northeast winds off the Atlantic are pretty powerful. When it snows 2 to 3 inches an hour with winds gusting to tropical storm force, it's really not soft. Could they have played? Probably. But having experienced the storm and having snow blown twice through 3 to 4 foot drifts and 20 inches on the ground, it is not really soft, if you wanted fans to attend. The Friars have lost 2 or 3 home games, I am sure they did not want to lose another.

…a nice dub for Marquette!

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2022, 07:53:46 PM »
…a nice dub for Marquette!

Great answer, exactly what I was looking for!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2022, 08:04:42 PM »

Cheer hard my friend. Also
I was sincerely kidding. But I hear ya! Go
Mubb

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »
None of the Providence players own boots?
do walking boots count? Maybe we could loan them a few.

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2022, 08:16:12 PM »
Cheer hard my friend. Also
I was sincerely kidding. But I hear ya! Go
Mubb
No worries, snow is serious business...go MU!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2022, 10:47:13 PM »

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2022, 07:27:41 AM »

Wear something distinctive so we can pick you out of the crowd few fans who will be there.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2022, 08:04:04 AM »
From the NYT:

Hairy

Wet

Cats

feedback