[Today at 09:50:49 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Golden Break - Xavier game plus fan Q's  (Read 1204 times)

TheGoldenBreakdown

• Scholarship Player
The Golden Break - Xavier game plus fan Q's
« on: December 20, 2021, 08:31:24 AM »
Adam breaks down the Xavier game with some keys on what to look for this year, then we take some fan questions

Reasons for optimism? Green shoots? Join us!

thanks as always to those that listen

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5O44jSSLtmlhQeGDCFTehP?si=55df79c13b204422

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: The Golden Break - Xavier game plus fan Q's
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »
My 2 biggest reasons for optimism are the play of Oso and the skills that Kam has displayed.

Justin is a freight train, we all know he's the guy for as long as he's around, but what Kam has shown in glimpses is exciting for the next 4 years. He can get a shot off from anywhere, he can handle the ball, and he's not afraid to get in someone's face defensively.

Oso is quite possibly my favorite player to watch and I'm not sure it's even close right now. He does a lot of things really well.  He makes his shots (over 70%!), he defends at an extremely high level, he screens well(underrated trait), he rebounds, he can take a big defender off the dribble, he can pass. Completely surprised by his development over the last 9 months. And to add to that, he does things that you cannot really measure with statistics. Something about him being in the lineup is a calming presence. He doesn't overreact(positively or negatively) to ANYTHING on the court and I absolutely love that. He's a guy that helps you win and is concerned with only that. I will praise Oso and anyone who plays like him until I can't anymore because he's exactly what makes a winning team. I think his ceiling at Marquette is endless because of how quickly he's developed and how much time he has left to continue his development.
VIOLENCE!

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 11:20:18 AM »
Adam breaks down the Xavier game with some keys on what to look for this year, then we take some fan questions

Reasons for optimism? Green shoots? Join us!

thanks as always to those that listen

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5O44jSSLtmlhQeGDCFTehP?si=55df79c13b204422

Another great episode. Always a good listen.

TheGoldenBreakdown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »
My 2 biggest reasons for optimism are the play of Oso and the skills that Kam has displayed.

Justin is a freight train, we all know he's the guy for as long as he's around, but what Kam has shown in glimpses is exciting for the next 4 years. He can get a shot off from anywhere, he can handle the ball, and he's not afraid to get in someone's face defensively.

Oso is quite possibly my favorite player to watch and I'm not sure it's even close right now. He does a lot of things really well.  He makes his shots (over 70%!), he defends at an extremely high level, he screens well(underrated trait), he rebounds, he can take a big defender off the dribble, he can pass. Completely surprised by his development over the last 9 months. And to add to that, he does things that you cannot really measure with statistics. Something about him being in the lineup is a calming presence. He doesn't overreact(positively or negatively) to ANYTHING on the court and I absolutely love that. He's a guy that helps you win and is concerned with only that. I will praise Oso and anyone who plays like him until I can't anymore because he's exactly what makes a winning team. I think his ceiling at Marquette is endless because of how quickly he's developed and how much time he has left to continue his development.

Loving the Oso love and agree with what you say here! Only thing we'd add to your laundry list: watch after he makes a bucket, first thing he does is sprint back on D. Love it!

TheGoldenBreakdown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »
Another great episode. Always a good listen.

Thank you kindly!

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 11:26:15 AM »
GE3. I agree with your thoughts on Oso.  He’s been great to watch and his upside should be phenomenal. 

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 12:09:20 PM »
Loving the Oso love and agree with what you say here! Only thing we'd add to your laundry list: watch after he makes a bucket, first thing he does is sprint back on D. Love it!

Agreed.  I think it kinda goes along with him not overreacting to things.  This might make me sound grumpy oldschool but I'm really not at all, I think kids reacting and getting excited on the court is good, but everyone has their own personality and...

Boy do I appreciate a guy like Oso and quite frankly find it pretty awesome to see him dunk or block a shot and have a statuesque reaction. Straight faced 100% of the time and then celebrate after when you win. I love that about him. LOVE IT!
VIOLENCE!