'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: 2023 Team Outlook  (Read 172592 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2022 Team Outlook
« Reply #1050 on: October 01, 2022, 10:22:05 AM »
lol.  Ol Score 50, give up 52.

What difference did he ever make other than run off Sam? I’ll scan the rafters for all his differences.  lol.

Let me scan those rafters for all of the giant accomplishments the difference making three amigo guards achieved. I mean, they won just as many conference regular season and conference tourney titles as Markus did. But they did make incredible NCAA Tournament runs to the second round twice.

Makes sense.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: October 01, 2022, 10:22:41 AM »
Markus was probably the worst player in Marquette history.

For one thing, he personally gave up more than 5,000 points during his time at MU, and was personally responsible for us never making the NCAA tournament during those 4 seasons.

An infamous cancer, he also "ran off" Sam, whose offensive prowess was so unleashed at Virginia that he went on to score a whole ppg more there (including his clutch 4-for-16 performance in leading Va to a first-round NCAAT loss to mighty Ohio). Not to mention that Markus "ran off" Joey, who has gone on to true greatness under Sparty's Hall of Fame coach.

No wonder not one other school wanted Markus. He was the pits.

Wow.  A thread about 2022 #mubb hijacked by Markus.  SMDH.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: October 01, 2022, 10:25:34 AM »

Or was it highjacked by:

We haven’t had a difference maker guard since the 3 Amigos.

Because, you know, neither DJO nor Vander nor Markus was a "difference maker."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: October 01, 2022, 10:37:29 AM »
Or was it highjacked by:

Because, you know, neither DJO nor Vander nor Markus was a "difference maker."

DJO and Vander are great examples.  My bad. The Wojo years wrecked me.  I promise to be better. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1054 on: October 01, 2022, 10:46:34 AM »
Sean Jones will have fans out of their seats this upcoming season.
Not me I like to sit
Goal is National Championship

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: October 01, 2022, 10:58:05 AM »
DJO and Vander are great examples.  My bad. The Wojo years wrecked me.  I promise to be better.

You're ready to crown Sean Jones the next big thing, but can't even give any respect to MU's all-time leader scorer. Bizarre.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: October 01, 2022, 11:24:54 AM »
You're ready to crown Sean Jones the next big thing, but can't even give any respect to MU's all-time leader scorer. Bizarre.

I give George Thompson all the respect in the world.  🐐🐐🐐

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: October 01, 2022, 11:26:20 AM »
Hilarious.

You may be unaware of the UDRF Lenny?  The Underground Dwarf Rebel Force?  They are not to be trifled with and have the uncanny ability to attack when you least expect it.  There will be no warning and may God have mercy on your soul.

Muggsy

Until reading this I was unaware of the UDRF - thanks for the heads up! I’ll be relocating after I get my new identity and plastic surgery. Until then, I’m wearing shin guards, thigh pads and a cup everywhere I go!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: October 01, 2022, 12:05:00 PM »

Thanks. With this comment you're about 2/3 of the way to being better.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: October 01, 2022, 12:08:46 PM »
Muggsy

Until reading this I was unaware of the UDRF - thanks for the heads up! I’ll be relocating after I get my new identity and plastic surgery. Until then, I’m wearing shin guards, thigh pads and a cup everywhere I go!

Unfortunately Lenny, once the UDRF has a target, it's nearly impossible for them to show mercy or restraint.  Modern protections are also useless as they possess an arsenal of medieval weapons, combined with futuristic dwarf stuff, that let's just say we do not want them to unleash.  I have a few connections and will see what I can do but there are no guarantees.  You are potentially dealing with relentless dwarf wrath and it could get ugly.  :)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: October 01, 2022, 01:08:19 PM »
Unfortunately Lenny, once the UDRF has a target, it's nearly impossible for them to show mercy or restraint.  Modern protections are also useless as they possess an arsenal of medieval weapons, combined with futuristic dwarf stuff, that let's just say we do not want them to unleash.  I have a few connections and will see what I can do but there are no guarantees.  You are potentially dealing with relentless dwarf wrath and it could get ugly.  :)

Thanks, Mugs!!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: October 01, 2022, 01:25:43 PM »
The upgrade in overall athleticism on the MU roster under Shaka will pay dividends.  Wojo's teams were skilled but ultimately not athletic enough to really be able to fully consistently compete/beat Top 20 caliber teams.  One of my favorite Buzz Williams quotes was when he told his DJO team to "F with the Badgers by imposing their physicality and superior athleticism.)

Shaka has this the program on a good path.  I think we are going to play a really fun brand of basketball this year, and in the future under Shaka.  I'm optimistic that this season can potentially exceed last season's surprise performance.  However, I won't lose enthusiasm over where this program is headed should this year not exceed last year's team (so long as it isn't a substantial dropoff from last year's results.)

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: October 01, 2022, 01:29:44 PM »
Hope the Mopes listen to Goose this year.

Shooter

Book it.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: October 01, 2022, 02:53:12 PM »
I give George Thompson all the respect in the world.  🐐🐐🐐

That's fine. Doesn't hurt to appreciate the newer era's contributions to the program even if you prefer your favorites from 50 years ago.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: October 01, 2022, 04:16:57 PM »
What difference did Sam ever make other than not win a tournament game at either Marquette or Virginia?  I’ll scan the rafters at both places for all his differences.  lol

Both Howard and Hauser were coached by a horse's ass, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1065 on: October 01, 2022, 07:00:10 PM »
Apologize in advance for going off topic, but I had an interesting run in with a smaller citizen (a dwarf, actually) just yesterday.

Driving on the Kennedy in bumper to bumper traffic and (my bad) talking on the phone - so distracted, I rear end the car in front of me. We both pull over to the shoulder and get out of our cars. The dwarf approaches me and loudly says “I’M NOT HAPPY!” “So which one are you, then?”, I replied.

I laughed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1066 on: October 02, 2022, 04:51:01 AM »

No, hijacked by you bringing Markus into it, because the only reason to post something as ridiculous as you did was to troll someone else into calling out your obviously intentional disregard for Howard. You wanted someone like 82 to point it out so you could smugly (and inaccurately) give your "Score 50, give up 52" line.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1067 on: October 02, 2022, 06:02:15 AM »
lol.  Ol Score 50, give up 52.

What difference did he ever make other than run off Sam? I’ll scan the rafters for all his differences.  lol.

Should I scan the rafters for the amigos’ accomplishments too? Because if that’s the standard we are using, they didn’t accomplish much either.

But that’s ridiculous. Much less ridiculous than claiming a consensus first team all American wasn’t a difference maker though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 06:04:04 AM by Sultan Sultanberger »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: October 02, 2022, 07:21:48 AM »

Both Howard and Hauser were coached by a horse's ass, aina?

Seems every coach Marquette has ever had is a horse's ass in your view.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: October 02, 2022, 07:25:29 AM »
And they should all be fired.     Just like every Brewer, Buck, and Packer.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: October 02, 2022, 07:29:42 AM »

When you’re a bitter old man, it’s a way of life
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: October 02, 2022, 12:29:40 PM »

Nah, got my faves. But, Crean is a phony and rode the coattails of Wade. And, Woj doesn't know his ass from a pumpkin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: October 02, 2022, 12:31:37 PM »
And they should all be fired.     Just like every Brewer, Buck, and Packer.

Nah, just peddle the underachievers, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: October 02, 2022, 02:40:53 PM »

Nah, just peddle the underachievers, aina?

Damn Giannis. You were right - Bucks shoulda peddled his underachieving arse before the 2020-21 season. Bud, also. And the schmoes, too. They didn’t need anybody!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1074 on: October 02, 2022, 02:42:41 PM »
Damn Giannis. You were right - Bucks shoulda peddled his underachieving arse before the 2020-21 season. Bud, also. And the schmoes, too. They didn’t need anybody!

Damn straight! Gotta purge da riff raff like bad gas on da ass, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"