'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: 2023 Team Outlook  (Read 172529 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: 2022 Team Outlook
« Reply #1025 on: September 30, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »
Sean Jones will have fans out of their seats this upcoming season.

He’s so short that’s the only way they can see him!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #1026 on: September 30, 2022, 08:46:20 PM »

Ha!  Goose I hope your sources are right.  Would love Dominic James part two and that would make us exponentially better as a team than we would be otherwise.  Would love some tough elite on ball defense. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: September 30, 2022, 08:49:41 PM »
Shooter

Book it.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: September 30, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
Shooter

Book it.

Love it!  I’m excited to see this team.  Too many good leaks not to be.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: September 30, 2022, 08:55:33 PM »
Shooter

I agree on more and more positive leaks. We did not have that excitement going into last season. My expectations are much higher than a year ago.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1030 on: September 30, 2022, 09:40:32 PM »
You clearly hate Sean Jones for some reason.

And Marquette, don't forget. tower is clearly anti-Marquette.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: September 30, 2022, 10:43:13 PM »
He’s so short that’s the only way they can see him!

Unwarranted attack on the young man and our smaller citizens.  Do not be surprised in the future when you wake up in Lillput.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1032 on: October 01, 2022, 04:15:24 AM »
Hopefully not on the way to the exits.
But seriously, I am on the Sean Jones bandwagon.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1033 on: October 01, 2022, 06:19:28 AM »
I have heard and seen enough that I am very excited about Sean Jones. That being said,  you can never be certain how practice will translate to games. My guess is that Mr. Jones will translate very well
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1034 on: October 01, 2022, 06:19:42 AM »
Unwarranted attack on the young man and our smaller citizens.  Do not be surprised in the future when you wake up in Lillput.

Whoosh
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: October 01, 2022, 06:37:21 AM »
You clearly hate Sean Jones for some reason.
I appreciate the joke.

I don't hate any player who suits up for MU.

After too many years, I am simply off the freshman hype train.

I like all of the freshmen and think
A.  They will all contribute this year.
B.  None will start or play starter's minutes, barring injury.
C.  All have the potential to start in the future.

Sean Jones?  I enjoy what I see in the videos and am looking forward to seeing him play.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: October 01, 2022, 07:17:22 AM »
I appreciate the joke.

I don't hate any player who suits up for MU.

After too many years, I am simply off the freshman hype train.

I like all of the freshmen and think
A.  They will all contribute this year.
B.  None will start or play starter's minutes, barring injury.
C.  All have the potential to start in the future.

Sean Jones?  I enjoy what I see in the videos and am looking forward to seeing him play.

Marquette is due for an unexpected frosh breakout.  Don’t know if it’ll be Jones but early reports are promising.  But like you said, he’s a frosh.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: October 01, 2022, 07:45:33 AM »
TAMU

It is going to be a fun and exciting season. Shaka is building something here and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: October 01, 2022, 08:14:13 AM »

Apologize in advance for going off topic, but I had an interesting run in with a smaller citizen (a dwarf, actually) just yesterday.

Driving on the Kennedy in bumper to bumper traffic and (my bad) talking on the phone - so distracted, I rear end the car in front of me. We both pull over to the shoulder and get out of our cars. The dwarf approaches me and loudly says “I’M NOT HAPPY!” “So which one are you, then?”, I replied.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1039 on: October 01, 2022, 08:56:43 AM »
Apologize in advance for going off topic, but I had an interesting run in with a smaller citizen (a dwarf, actually) just yesterday.

Driving on the Kennedy in bumper to bumper traffic and (my bad) talking on the phone - so distracted, I rear end the car in front of me. We both pull over to the shoulder and get out of our cars. The dwarf approaches me and loudly says “I’M NOT HAPPY!” “So which one are you, then?”, I replied.

This is good

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1040 on: October 01, 2022, 09:13:17 AM »
Tis the season to get amped up about freshmen.  He never misses a shot on those twitter videos.    It is easy to forget he is 5'10.   From a medium sized school in Ohio.     Not a 5 star.   Who has yet to play a second of D1 basketball.     He looks good, Coach Smart is excited about him, and I really hope he excels.   But I am not going to fall into the hype trap until I actually see him against D1 competition.

lol.  Pin this tweet.  Thanks for playing. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: October 01, 2022, 09:14:21 AM »
Lenny,

I always like getting an early morning laugh. Thank you.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: October 01, 2022, 09:17:51 AM »
We haven’t had a difference maker guard since the 3 Amigos.  Naturally this will take some getting used to.  But as a former player who watched him told me: Sean Jones is the truth.  Shaka has done what Wojo couldn’t, recruit program changing guards.  Chico’s always told us it’s a guards game.  Shaka listened.  Thanks Shaka.  Thanks Chico’s. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:30:42 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1043 on: October 01, 2022, 09:29:34 AM »
The Lens

Big time guards are the name of the game. I have always loved that Pitino embracing the importance of a game changing PG and that is the foundation of a winning program, imo.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: October 01, 2022, 09:34:15 AM »
We haven’t had a difference maker guard since the 3 Amigos.  Naturally this will take some getting used to.  But as a former player who watched him told me: Sean Jones is the truth.  Shaka has done what Wojo couldn’t, recruit program changing guards.  Chico’s always told us it’s a guards game.  Shaka listened.  Thanks Shaka.  Thanks Chico’s.

Markus Howard wasn't a difference maker? DJO?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: October 01, 2022, 09:44:11 AM »

Hilarious.

You may be unaware of the UDRF Lenny?  The Underground Dwarf Rebel Force?  They are not to be trifled with and have the uncanny ability to attack when you least expect it.  There will be no warning and may God have mercy on your soul. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1046 on: October 01, 2022, 09:55:25 AM »
Markus Howard wasn't a difference maker? DJO?

lol.  Ol Score 50, give up 52.

What difference did he ever make other than run off Sam? I’ll scan the rafters for all his differences.  lol.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: October 01, 2022, 09:59:55 AM »
lol.  Ol Score 50, give up 52.

What difference did he ever make other than run off Sam? I’ll scan the rafters for all his differences.  lol.

What difference did Sam ever make other than not win a tournament game at either Marquette or Virginia?  I’ll scan the rafters at both places for all his differences.  lol

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1048 on: October 01, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
What difference did Sam ever make other than not win a tournament game at either Marquette or Virginia?  I’ll scan the rafters at both places for all his differences.  lol

Rico the difference making forwards conversation is on…the…Dodds board…right now…stay focused. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1049 on: October 01, 2022, 10:12:44 AM »
Markus was probably the worst player in Marquette history.

For one thing, he personally gave up more than 5,000 points during his time at MU, and was personally responsible for us never making the NCAA tournament during those 4 seasons.

An infamous cancer, he also "ran off" Sam, whose offensive prowess was so unleashed at Virginia that he went on to score a whole ppg more there (including his clutch 4-for-16 performance in leading Va to a first-round NCAAT loss to mighty Ohio). Not to mention that Markus "ran off" Joey, who has gone on to true greatness under Sparty's Hall of Fame coach.

No wonder not one other school wanted Markus. He was the pits.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback