[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big Lineup  (Read 4826 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Big Lineup
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »
Julius and Dominique.

Just not Erving and Wilkins.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »
For years guys were drooling over Cain's upside and are giving up on OMP after 12 games, simply crazy. I think his upside potential is far higher than Cain's and think he has a chance to be a good player on both sides of the ball. I would not be building a team around him but think there is more basketball skills than he has shown thus far.

With you on this, Goose. Hope it slows down a bit for him
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »
With you on this, Goose. Hope it slows down a bit for him

Agree as well and he is stronger than Cain already.  Has the ability when things slow down for him to abuse some small forwards physically. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
I agree that OMP has great potential.  He's long, active, athletic.  We are better defensively with OMP on the floor.  I don't know that I'd agree that he has more potential than Cain, however.

OMP plays really hard and he's so close to finishing on many of the close range shots - those will start to fall.

OMP is already a better defender than Cain. Not sure I see the potential on the offensive side though.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2021, 04:06:12 PM »
OMP is one of the better rebounders on the team and is an above average defender. So he doesn't bring zero value....but many his offense right now may be bad enough to cancel out his value on the boards and defense. The man has no feel around the bucket.

I'm quite high on OMax. In a year we planned to use for development, I think this is a perfect season to get him in games often.

He's 6'8" and can guard 1-5 when needed. He's capable of knocking down 3s if open, but more importantly is shooting 80% from the Free Throw Line. Listen to this weeks episode of the Scrambled Eggs Pod and they mentioned how we aren't really looking to draw fouls while other teams are getting to the line often against us. I think OMax is a guy who could benefit a ton from playing in the paint and getting to the line. If you got a guy who's 6'8" and can knock down free throws like that you have got to utilize him that way.

He's young but you can see the talent is there. He's close to finding something but needs work on the court to find it.
VIOLENCE!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 07:29:14 PM »
Watching OMP tonight reminder me of Trend Blackledge. Lots of energy and athleticism but very little production. I hope he can temper himself, but it seems that he is just trying to do too much with any given play.

Good analogy. I was gonna say Carlton 'Boo' Christian...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2022, 08:36:08 AM »
Does anybody wish to walk back any of their takes from this thread yet?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2022, 08:44:10 AM »
I love my takes.  Oso and Kur are two of our five best players.  Would love to see them get 2-3 minutes per game on the court together, along with Lewis.  Punish teams on the boards.  Have Kam in with them to create some kind of court spacing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2022, 08:47:10 AM »
And I love mine.    Start OMP for more size.     Juan/Jamil in a blender.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2022, 08:51:10 AM »
Does anybody wish to walk back any of their takes from this thread yet?

This is Anti-American! Blasphemy

panda

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 08:55:58 AM »
He’s absolutely risen to the occasion with Daryl/kam/Greg out.

It doesn’t change the fact he played extremely poorly on the offensive end early on, but so proud of him for ringing the bell when called upon after a minutes reduction. This is the culture that Shaka is talking about.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2022, 09:18:56 AM »
Kur has to play as minutes as possible. He changes the game on the D side of the ball and creates opportunities. He needs to stay out of foul trouble and get his minutes. With kur, Oso and Omax they have three big guys that can cause trouble for the opponent. If, and I say if, they can start making some outside shots we are going to see a lot of dunks over the upcoming weeks.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2022, 03:31:58 PM »
Oso and Kur are two of your five best players. Find times to get them both on the floor. You don’t want to start that lineup because both foul a good amount, but there are opportunities. If Xavier is going to have Nunge, Freemantle, and Jones on the floor together you can match up Lewis, Oso, and Kur with them. And it’s not like our other guys are creating tons of space with their shooting. Oso has shown me enough off the dribble scoring. Would like to see a big lineup.

You got your wish.     For 1.5 seconds.   

feedback