[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Kuath/Ighodaro  (Read 3264 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Kuath/Ighodaro
« on: December 08, 2021, 10:09:40 PM »
They were solid tonight on both ends of the floor.  I think we need to use them a bit more in our h-c offense.  Also if we get a few more interior shot attempts they may be able to pick up some put backs.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Kuath/Ighodaro
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:12:41 PM »
They were solid tonight on both ends of the floor.  I think we need to use them a bit more in our h-c offense.  Also if we get a few more interior shot attempts they may be able to pick up some put backs.

Use them differently how?  Neither has a post game. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:14:19 PM »
If the best ability is availability, Oso is the better player for us right now. Kuath needs to play smarter and avoid foul trouble

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:40 PM »
If the best ability is availability, Oso is the better player for us right now. Kuath needs to play smarter and avoid foul trouble

Kuath has been fine avoiding fouls. He’s had 4 in only one game all season, that’s not bad for a big and defends against so many drives.

I’d actually say him and Osa are two of the better bigs we’ve had in quite some time in avoiding fouls

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:53 PM »

I think Kuath has decent touch and both of them are capable of playing a little high low with Justin if they can get deep position

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 10:18:29 PM »

How would you know?

They seem pretty capable to me.

If anything, I think both have made more nice buckets than I would’ve expected.

Most of their buckets will always come from put backs or dump offs but they’ve both had some nice short range shots. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some decent scoring ability with more looks

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 10:20:11 PM »
How would you know?

They seem pretty capable to me.

If anything, I think both have made more nice buckets than I would’ve expected.

Most of their buckets will always come from put backs or dump offs but they’ve both had some nice short range shots. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some decent scoring ability with more looks

Because I can't recall a single time either of them backed a guy down and scored.  Pretty simple.

The offense doesn't really go into the post at all but Lewis does and has scored or created opportunities out of it.  Seems pretty clear it's not a part either of their games. 

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
I think Kuath has decent touch and both of them are capable of playing a little high low with Justin if they can get deep position

His shot-put from about 4-6 feet out is surprisingly effective.  I'm used to watching that shot hit front or back rim.  His is pure.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 10:24:23 PM »
I think Shaka is doing an outstanding job with them, and I see no reason for him to do anything differently with our bigs.

Hell of a play by Oso to end the game!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 10:27:40 PM »
Is it possible to play them both at the same time? I know they are classic “dunker’s spot” guys on offense but the interior defense would be incredible.

Maybe pull it out against a weak 3 point shooting team and dare them to beat us from deep?

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 10:30:10 PM »
I think Shaka is doing an outstanding job with them, and I see no reason for him to do anything differently with our bigs.

I agree. More is not necessarily better. Shaka is managing the two well, and both a performing solidly. Shaka certainly knows better than us if pushing them to do more is worthwhile.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 10:37:28 PM »
Is it possible to play them both at the same time? I know they are classic “dunker’s spot” guys on offense but the interior defense would be incredible.

Maybe pull it out against a weak 3 point shooting team and dare them to beat us from deep?

Anythings possible, but as MU82 always says coach definitely knows best.

He sees them at practice daily and they have a very similar game and you almost always, if not always, need one of the two out there so there are a lot of no way Jose’s about playing them both together.

That said, later in a game like yo night is the perfect opportunity. Dominate the glass, completely stop teams from driving, and use your two guards plus Justin at the 3 to drive/dribble drive and get one or both looks for easy bunnies, layups and dunks.
Or chuck up a three and have a better shot at an O board.

I’m a big proponent of it because I feel like they are two of the teams top 6 players overall, so I think you want to maximize their minutes.

I’d say Lewis, Morsell, Kolek, Kam, Kur, Osa are the current best 6 that need to get the most run.

Mitchell, Prosper, Joplin, Greg, Emarion have to earn that extra run.
Prosper has before and will again, Stevie has before and will again, Greg did tonight, Jop and EE are getting closer.

When you hit the conf slate you have to be very careful because fouls can kill you, but they have been great so far at avoiding them and I would argue that as the season goes on we need the most minutes for the best players to have the most success.

Shaka knows though and if he thinks it’s an awful idea then it is

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 11:22:49 PM »
Oso blocking that shot to save the game tonight, reminded me of Ed Morrow blocking Happ's shot at the end of the UW game 3 years ago.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 07:19:45 AM »
His shot-put from about 4-6 feet out is surprisingly effective.  I'm used to watching that shot hit front or back rim.  His is pure.
Yes—Kur is money with that shot.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2021, 08:47:14 AM »

Agreed...put them in a pick-and-roll/slashing to the rim and it makes teams have to pick their poison.  If anything, they probably will suffer a bit from our inconsistent guard play as I'd be going under their screens on nearly everyone but Kam at this point.  Love everything about both of those guys...great hustle, great attitude, great teammates.  I didn't see that combo being as good as they have been this year.  We're winning some games because of our front-court...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2021, 08:49:26 AM »
I really don't see how you can complain about Kur/Osa.   Playing hard, finishing at the basket, improving rebounding, blocked shots.   There are not going to be play run for them.   They are filling their roles.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 11:03:02 AM »
I am quite satisfied-------so far, with the play from the 5 spot, especially defensively. Kur is an imposing rim protector and Oso's improvement from last year to this is amazing. And you can see his confidence growing every time Shaka sends him out there.

These 2 guys cover the 40 minutes; provide 10 fouls to utilize; and are pretty solid rebounders (face it, if Oso doesn't block that shot with .02 on the clock last night, KSU probably runs off the court with a buzzer beater win).

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2021, 11:52:13 AM »
I really don't see how you can complain about Kur/Osa.   Playing hard, finishing at the basket, improving rebounding, blocked shots.   There are not going to be play run for them.   They are filling their roles.

Who is complaining?  All I said is I think it would be to our benefit if they got a few more touches.  Both of them have played well and a lot of their impact isn't statistical.  I'm a big fan of Kur in particular.  I wish I could power-snap dunk like that.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2021, 07:40:31 PM »
Who is complaining?  All I said is I think it would be to our benefit if they got a few more touches.  Both of them have played well and a lot of their impact isn't statistical.  I'm a big fan of Kur in particular.  I wish I could power-snap dunk like that.
Thing is it seems Shaka is not interested in that at least for now. Unless his mindset changes I don't see it happening. In Shaka I trust.
Goal is National Championship

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2021, 10:23:39 PM »
Kur's touch with that 4-6 foot floater for a 7-footer is impressive.  Oso for sure would have to be the most pleasant surprise on this team.  He looked absolutely lost out there last year.  He's playing so confidently, and has a diverse skill set with a great upside. 

Doubt we will ever see Kur and Oso play together, but it is an interesting thought.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2021, 11:46:16 PM »
Kur's touch with that 4-6 foot floater for a 7-footer is impressive.  Oso for sure would have to be the most pleasant surprise on this team.  He looked absolutely lost out there last year.  He's playing so confidently, and has a diverse skill set with a great upside. 

Doubt we will ever see Kur and Oso play together, but it is an interesting thought.

We agree. Unless we face a team with two 7-footers (or close to it), I don't know why Shaka would be motivated to play Oso and Kur together. Offensive basketball's about spreading the court; them playing together wouldn't help. And even on defense, you can't have one trying to chase around somebody smaller and quicker ... unless you play a 3-2 for a minute or two?

Shaka is playing each the perfect amount. He knows them way better than any of us do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2021, 12:09:45 AM »
No disagreement about their playing time. I just think Kuath could get a few lob passes for high flushes on occasion and both could touch the ball a little more to create better shots. 

feedback