Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU/KSU Game Thread  (Read 13074 times)

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Re: MU/KSU Game Thread
« Reply #250 on: December 08, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »
A win is a win.  :)

Christmas comes early to Marquette faithful, that was a hot mess, still optimistic, glass half-full, let’s go

Boone

• All American
« Reply #251 on: December 08, 2021, 10:15:41 PM »
Kolek needs to be careful. Who knows how many of those clowns were concealed carry

nyg

• All American
« Reply #252 on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:03 PM »
Shooting aside, he had a really solid game, active defensively and stats back it up. 8 boards, 7 assists and 2 steals.

Kolek had great boards and assists.  His shooting is just atrocious.  0-7 all from three.  In last two games, 1-13 on field goal attempts, all threes, except for one.  I believe UCLA will destroy MU, but watch Kolek will go 8-10 from three next name.......

Morsell also brutal.  3 for 13, 2 for 9 from three with four turnovers.  When MU was up six, he totally let KSU back in the game with a too quick three and a bad turnover. 

After first three games, posters were comparing Kolek to Steve Nash and Travis, with Morsell being the new savior.  Those days look like they are gone, at least for now.  In the college game, you just cannot have that bad shooting nights from your starting guards and win.  Yes, I know they did tonight, but KSU was without best player and well, they just didn't seem like a good team.  I can't wait to see their Big-12 record at the end.

On side note, I hope that 5ft 10 point guard Jones, that Shaka is bringing in next year, is just as fast as that KSU player Nowell.  He was a pest and very, very quick.  MU couldn't keep up with that guy. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2021, 10:19:39 PM »
Kolek had great boards and assists.  His shooting is just atrocious.  0-7 all from three.  In last two games, 1-13 on field goal attempts, all threes, except for one.  I believe UCLA will destroy MU, but watch Kolek will go 8-10 from three next name.......

Well these two need to get it together.  My take is that they are much better players and shooters than we have seen the last several outings.  The bottom line is we will struggle mightily in the BEast if they can't locate their games.

Morsell also brutal.  3 for 13, 2 for 9 from three with four turnovers.  When MU was up six, he totally let KSU back in the game with a too quick three and a bad turnover. 

After first three games, posters were comparing Kolek to Steve Nash and Travis, with Morsell being the new savior.  Those days look like they are gone, at least for now.  In the college game, you just cannot have that bad shooting nights from your starting guards and win.  Yes, I know they did tonight, but KSU was without best player and well, they just didn't seem like a good team.  I can't wait to see their Big-12 record at the end.

On side note, I hope that 5ft 10 point guard Jones, that Shaka is bringing in next year, is just as fast as that KSU player Nowell.  He was a pest and very, very quick.  MU couldn't keep up with that guy.

panda

• All American
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2021, 10:20:49 PM »

It’s frustrating watching Kolek’s misses, but he’s taking good shots. Wide open threes he shouldn’t pass up. Morsell needs to be reeled in. Especially with how successfully he was off the bounce and in the midrange in the first few games. His skill set should be utilized to space the floor via drive and dish.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2021, 10:24:59 PM »
Jones watching that game  must be saying to himself I can be the man, probably can not wait for the opportunity
Kolek will be better, but has to keep his head up as it was down mentally all game. Shaka has to get him a layup early to get him going, he had an open free throw shot he did not take, wide open.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2021, 10:26:39 PM »
Kolek did a ton offensively, created a ton of open looks for a pretty stagnant half court offense.

His passing ability is one of the biggest benefits this team has offensively.

I know you just gotta let shooters shoot but I’m not quite sure he’s a shooter. The staff should get him to commit to being a passer and slowly get back in the groove with some open/feet set threes

I am completely confused about his shooting ability. Like  sophomore year Derrick Wilson could give him tips at this point
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2021, 11:33:39 PM »
Kolek does some good things, but a shooter he is not. Bad ball rotation on the shot. He might have a game here or there, but the ball rotation on the release is verification of consistent inconsistency. Can he be a pure pt guard? Maybe. But I’d get more minutes for Mitchell. Find more minutes for Joplin too.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2021, 08:29:29 AM »
Kolek does some good things, but a shooter he is not. Bad ball rotation on the shot. He might have a game here or there, but the ball rotation on the release is verification of consistent inconsistency. Can he be a pure pt guard? Maybe. But I’d get more minutes for Mitchell. Find more minutes for Joplin too.

;D ;D ;D if kolek isn't out at point, our offense suffers horribly.