'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Beating K-State is Imperative  (Read 11330 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Beating K-State is Imperative
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2021, 08:58:41 AM »
Moka pot Cona coffee maker my man.
You spelled it wrong

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2021, 09:13:41 AM »
No prob.  Also, if you haven't made pour over coffee don't worry if you fk up a few batches.  Here are a few pointers: 

Pre-wet the filter with hot water before putting a medium grind in the fliter and dripper.  Just wet it thoroughly before dumping the water.

Do not rush the process.  Preferably use a goose spout kettle because it's far easier to control the pour.  Just use a thin spout if you can.   Once your kettle is piping hot and ready, wait about 45 seconds and then cover the grounds with just enough water.

After waiting about 30 secs pour the rest of the water pretty slowly but continuously from the center and then counterclockwise.  It should take about 3 1/2 mins.

When you're done pouring the water give it one gentle stir to extract from all the grounds stuck on the sides of the filter. 

Lastly, remove the filter immediately after the water goes through. You don't want to let it sit and have the last few drops ruin the batch.

This right here is why Keurig exists.   When you're rushing to get into the office for that early meeting, you're barely alert enough to focus on a few emails and you need a wakeup fast, you pop in a cup and you're drinking (low quality, but purpose made) coffee in 20 seconds.   When you've got a little extra time at work, the French press to the rescue... anything more than that and you're wasting time on a busy day. 

Anything else is for the weekend... as long as you don't have young kids who demand your attention.  Unless you're retired, then bless your heart.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2021, 09:29:19 AM »
This right here is why Keurig exists.   When you're rushing to get into the office for that early meeting, you're barely alert enough to focus on a few emails and you need a wakeup fast, you pop in a cup and you're drinking (low quality, but purpose made) coffee in 20 seconds.   When you've got a little extra time at work, the French press to the rescue... anything more than that and you're wasting time on a busy day. 

Anything else is for the weekend... as long as you don't have young kids who demand your attention.  Unless you're retired, then bless your heart.

Heard that.

I’m in the group with the young child that requires attention, but don’t have to worry about emails in my field. I used to rush out of the house to get to the office but now wife and I are up an hour early because he’s up.

I think the point that Muggsy is trying to make, which I tend to agree with, is that you can always find an extra 15 minutes in the morning for better coffee, especially if you drink it daily.

Sometimes we move so fast that we forget about why we are moving so fast. We forget to slow down and just enjoy life.
It always cracks me up when people say they don’t have enough time in the day but can spend 3 hrs watching Netflix, or several hours on MUscoop 😂

That said I think the bigger deterrent is what initially seems like a “complexity” involved with the better setups. All the different parts and finding the right coffee and weighing the beans etc etc.
I’m sure it’s just a learning curve that becomes pretty easy after some time and repetition. You’ve gotta win every day as former coach would say.

Wonder if Bruce Webber drinks coffee, he seems pretty jittery

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2021, 11:33:36 AM »
Badger Game Autopsy

I was encouraged in the 1st half, mainly because we were rebounding. I was hoping Morsell could slow down Johnny Davis. Picking up that third foul out on the perimeter wasn’t smart. Uggh.  In the 2nd half we couldn’t rebound and missed way too many shots. Clank-clank-clank. Our guards missed lay ups. Stevie Mitchell looked slower than he did in high school. But adding weight will help him in the future. I didn’t see much full court pressing until the end. It’s hard to press against guards that handle the ball as well as the Badger guards do, and hard to do if you don’t score and press on the inbound pass.  Prosper played well. What happened to Kuath? A bunch of players contributed. And too many missed free throws. Ultimately, a bunch of freshmen got beat by a very talented team. It was a good challenge for the kids. MuggsyB— stop by Katie’s Diner and I’ll buy you a good cup of coffee.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2021, 11:58:49 AM »
Ultimately, a bunch of freshmen got beat by a very talented teamanother bunch of freshmen.

FIFY.  If we're counting Lewis & Oso as Frosh, then Davis & Crowl are Frosh, and Hepburn is a true Frosh.

panda

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2021, 12:04:55 PM »
FIFY.  If we're counting Lewis & Oso as Frosh, then Davis & Crowl are Frosh, and Hepburn is a true Frosh.

Yep - new age of college basketball. Most teams experience roster transition and count on young guys. It’s all about quick results. Eric Musselman spoke about it last season and how he integrated something like 12 new players and why they found immediate success.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2021, 12:27:34 PM »
Yep - new age of college basketball. Most teams experience roster transition and count on young guys. It’s all about quick results. Eric Musselman spoke about it last season and how he integrated something like 12 new players and why they found immediate success.

Musselman is probably one of the top 5 X’s and O’s Coaches in college hoops. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2021, 12:27:41 PM »
Really looking forward to the game tomorrow night. I think the latest lost stings a bit more because it's WI. Add in the fact that it got a bit out of control in the second half, and it has the whole board in a tailspin.

My hope is that this team can find a way to go 3-3 in Dec. A win tomorrow would help immensely, and truly is needed to keep 3-3 a realistic possibility.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2021, 12:37:03 PM »
the whole board in a tailspin.

Disagree.  It did shake confidence a little bit, but I don't see much tailspin.

Tomorrow is an interesting matchup.  Both teams focus on defense, but theirs is quite a bit better than ours.  Both teams struggle on offense, but ours is (surprisingly) quite a bit better than theirs.    We play fast, they play slow-ish.  We've struggled with that, but generally against much better offensive teams.

I see the game as basically a toss-up, but think MU has a great chance to win.  It may (likely) come down to fouls and free throws, where MU is significantly better (FTR).

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2021, 12:43:49 PM »
Tomorrow is an interesting matchup.  Both teams focus on defense, but theirs is quite a bit better than ours.  Both teams struggle on offense, but ours is (surprisingly) quite a bit better than theirs.    We play fast, they play slow-ish.  We've struggled with that, but generally against much better offensive teams.

I see the game as basically a toss-up, but think MU has a great chance to win.  It may (likely) come down to fouls and free throws, where MU is significantly better (FTR).

Have only watched one K State game,  but according to stats they are not a great offensive rebounding team.  That is really good for us since we are such a poor defensive rebounding team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2021, 12:45:23 PM »
Disagree.  It did shake confidence a little bit, but I don't see much tailspin.

Yeah, I also don't see Scoop being any more tailspinny this week than usual.

Anyhoo ... It would be nice if Morsell and Kolek can play at their top levels tomorrow night. We obviously need Lewis to play well, and to get some nice support from a couple of our role players, but we're a different (aka "good") team when Morsell and Kolek excel.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »
Ty's gotta see a few go in. It's affecting him on the defensive end, where he's already at a quickness disadvantage in most cases.

For someone who was a decent shooter last year, I was a bit surprised watching him this season. Shoots a weird ball... not a ton of rotation, and when it does have it, it tends to be sidespin.

panda

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2021, 01:07:48 PM »
Musselman is probably one of the top 5 X’s and O’s Coaches in college hoops.

He also intelligently builds rosters to compete from day 1, regardless of experience level.

Interesting to hear what he looks for skill wise and analytics wise from transfers and how that would fit into his teams for the following year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2021, 01:46:32 PM »
He also intelligently builds rosters to compete from day 1, regardless of experience level.

Interesting to hear what he looks for skill wise and analytics wise from transfers and how that would fit into his teams for the following year.

I don’t think he can win a national title but I’d be confident his teams would be competitive and tourney worthy every year
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

panda

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2021, 01:53:48 PM »
I don’t think he can win a national title but I’d be confident his teams would be competitive and tourney worthy every year

He’s also taken over and improved historically underperforming programs. Time will tell what he can do at Arkansas or if he moves up another level. He has Arkansas close.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2021, 03:55:09 PM »
Heard that.

I’m in the group with the young child that requires attention, but don’t have to worry about emails in my field. I used to rush out of the house to get to the office but now wife and I are up an hour early because he’s up.

I think the point that Muggsy is trying to make, which I tend to agree with, is that you can always find an extra 15 minutes in the morning for better coffee, especially if you drink it daily.

Sometimes we move so fast that we forget about why we are moving so fast. We forget to slow down and just enjoy life.
It always cracks me up when people say they don’t have enough time in the day but can spend 3 hrs watching Netflix, or several hours on MUscoop 😂

That said I think the bigger deterrent is what initially seems like a “complexity” involved with the better setups. All the different parts and finding the right coffee and weighing the beans etc etc.
I’m sure it’s just a learning curve that becomes pretty easy after some time and repetition. You’ve gotta win every day as former coach would say.

Wonder if Bruce Webber drinks coffee, he seems pretty jittery

Exactly Dr. V.  And the pour over is a process but takes less than 10 mins (even if you weigh the beans) as does a French-press.  The "I don't have time" narrative?  Not buying it. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2021, 04:06:53 PM »
Marquette "opens" +3 @ KSU.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2021, 05:11:44 PM »
Marquette "opens" +3 @ KSU.

Interesting
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2021, 10:28:12 PM »
Interesting

Interesting that's too many points ... interesting that's too few points ... or interesting that's just about right?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback