[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Trypto-phantom menace  (Read 8042 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Trypto-phantom menace
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2021, 09:22:51 AM »
In post game interviews it is obvious Shaka really likes what OMax brings and really trusts him. As long as that is the case it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Shaka will keep playing him as he has.

If Shaka limits his offensive game at this point, he’ll be fine.

He’s had some really poor shots/drives that the misses end up being as bad as turnovers.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2021, 09:45:29 AM »
Just need Omax to be there defensively and not totally screw up on offense.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2021, 10:00:19 AM »
It may not jump off the screen, but OMax keeps them from getting into a lot of bad mismatches defensively. Joplin isn't there yet.

If they go three guards I'd probably start Kam.

Agree 100%.  O-Max definitely adds value on the D end.  Think he can get there offensively in another year.  Kam of course adds value on the O end.  I like Kam off the bench as instant offense. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2021, 10:09:23 AM »
OMP plays d, handles the ball well, runs the floor well.  He can guard 4 positions.  Keep shooting, young man.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2021, 10:14:08 AM »
OMP plays d, handles the ball well, runs the floor well.  He can guard 4 positions.  Keep shooting, young man.

Given the sample size so far, not sure about all of this. But I have no problem with him starting (not that it would matter if I did), and I am hopeful we'll see improvement as the season goes on.

As I said, he reminds me of Juan at a similar stage of Juan's career, and I also like the comparison someone made to Lockett. Willing to work hard and defend and be a team guy, not always able to do much on offense. Shaka thinks he has a high ceiling, so why not?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2021, 10:15:51 AM »
He needs to keep grabbing rebounds. Had good games vs Ole Miss and WVU in that category, but 4 combined in the ILL, SBU and SIU games.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM »
I don’t follow this at all. Guy can board….when he decides to blockout.
J Cain doesn’t even think that he handles the ball well.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2021, 02:33:38 PM »
O-Max plays because he's disruptive and versatile on defense. He's second on the team in steal% (behind Greg Elliott surprisingly), gets blocks/deflections, and is probably the 3rd or 4th best rebounder on the team (and two of the guys above him, Oso/Kur, can't be played at the same time). Offensively, he's been a liability but he actually doesn't turn it over that much and most of his threes are in rhythm (but not falling). His wild drives to the bucket are what hurts the offense. Shaka clearly prioritizes effort/defense over offense so I suspect he will hang on to his starting spot for now. If Joplin's defense continues to improve (he did some very nice things against an admittedly dreadful NIU) he could possibly bump O-Max if he doesn't find his shot.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2021, 02:41:58 PM »
The thing is there isnt a real pivot from OMax unless you go to 3 guards. I understand people like Joplin, but hes by far the worst man defender on the team thus far, and has an 81 offensive efficiency rating.

I think he'll be a great offensive player in the future, but for now its Omax or a guard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
Quote from: jfp61 link=topic=62498.msg1390487#msg139048 JD 7 date=1638218518
The thing is there isnt a real pivot from OMax unless you go to 3 guards. I understand people like Joplin, but hes by far the worst man defender on the team thus far, and has an 81 offensive efficiency rating.

I think he'll be a great offensive player in the future, but for now its Omax or a guard.
Yes….and that is the conundrum of this team that Shaka has his work cut out for him each game.
Stevie, Kam, Joplin, OMax, Greg, Etc.
Need to extract the best out of each of them….at the risk of exposing their deficiencies.
Kam can go off. So you give him another shot….he doesn’t. Enter Stevie. Hasn’t done much of late……boom solid game.
Each of the guys on this team has the ability to contribute (11 guys—which is so great for so many reasons)……but Shaka will need a committee effort to get wins. His ability to call the right combo this year will be a game by game effort on his part. Every game will be a huge fight and struggle at the same time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2021, 06:10:34 PM »
Yes….and that is the conundrum of this team that Shaka has his work cut out for him each game.
Stevie, Kam, Joplin, OMax, Greg, Etc.
Need to extract the best out of each of them….at the risk of exposing their deficiencies.
Kam can go off. So you give him another shot….he doesn’t. Enter Stevie. Hasn’t done much of late……boom solid game.
Each of the guys on this team has the ability to contribute (11 guys—which is so great for so many reasons)……but Shaka will need a committee effort to get wins. His ability to call the right combo this year will be a game by game effort on his part. Every game will be a huge fight and struggle at the same time.

Bingo. Excellent analysis.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback