[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22078 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2021, 10:11:19 AM »
Question:

If a white guy who was all over social media attacking black people, the BLM movement and the guilty verdict for the three murderers in Georgia drove an SUV into a parade in a black community and killed a bunch of black people would anyone on Scoop or in the general population need an admission from the killer to believe that race was a motive?

I know I wouldn’t.

Absent any other information sure that would be a reasonable conclusion.

But in this case, he was in Waukesha presumably for another reason.  The police were called to where he was and he was leaving the area.  So if his goal was to kill as many white people as possible, it certainly would have been a last minute choice because it certainly didn't seem to be his primary motive for going there.  Furthermore he certainly missed a lot of white people when he was driving through the parade too.

So I am left with an "I don't really know."

And, most importantly, "not that it really matters."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:15:33 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2021, 10:23:48 AM »
nm. not worth it. happy thanksgiving to all.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:26:00 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2021, 10:50:27 AM »
  or like these 2, eyn'a?
And your befuddled brain can't figure out how people could possibly call you a racist.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2021, 10:51:06 AM »
Looks like George Stanley has decided the Waukesha attack is no longer news.

It's completely gone from the Journal Sentinel.

This is media bias in action in real time.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2021, 11:36:00 AM »
Question:

If a white guy who was all over social media attacking black people, the BLM movement and the guilty verdict for the three murderers in Georgia drove an SUV into a parade in a black community and killed a bunch of black people would anyone on Scoop or in the general population need an admission from the killer to believe that race was a motive?

I know I wouldn’t.

You mean like, let's say, a white 17 year old complaining about looters and rioters, and how he wish he had an AR-15 so he could shoot them, then going out and getting an AR-15, going to a protest/riot and shooting them.

Or how about a white person running over protestors with his car at a white nationalist rally. I'm sure no one would defend that, or say it wasn't race motivated...Both Sides.

I agree, no one on scoop or the general population would need an admission to find the white kid responsible, or race being a motive.

The Waukesha killer is evil. Let him rot in prison. No reason to create agendas around this, especially ones not supported by evidence/history.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:39:30 AM by forgetful »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2021, 12:11:17 PM »
You mean like, let's say, a white 17 year old complaining about looters and rioters, and how he wish he had an AR-15 so he could shoot them, then going out and getting an AR-15, going to a protest/riot and shooting them.

Or how about a white person running over protestors with his car at a white nationalist rally. I'm sure no one would defend that, or say it wasn't race motivated...Both Sides.

I agree, no one on scoop or the general population would need an admission to find the white kid responsible, or race being a motive.

The Waukesha killer is evil. Let him rot in prison. No reason to create agendas around this, especially ones not supported by evidence/history.

Very fine people on both sides.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »
You didn't look in the actual hard copy paper, did you?

No. Because I’m not over the age of 70.

But the idea that the MJS is ignoring the story is completely laughable. Gimme a break.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2021, 04:17:27 PM »
Yeah. Type in jsonline.com and it’s literally the only thing you see without scrolling (in the mobile version, anyway). 3 articles on it.

What narrative is “the media” trying to push here, anyway?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 04:25:46 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2021, 04:47:59 PM »
Yeah. Type in jsonline.com and it’s literally the only thing you see without scrolling (in the mobile version, anyway). 3 articles on it.

What narrative is “the media” trying to push here, anyway?
It's a local story, of course they are covering it extensively. There are many outlets not covering it in the same way though.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2021, 04:59:48 PM »
It's a local story, of course they are covering it extensively. There are many outlets not covering it in the same way though.

Stories like this are covered a few days by the National outlets and then they move on. They’ll be back when there is a trial or he pleads.

Really lacking perspective if people think “the media” is pushing an agenda here.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »

Stories like this are covered a few days by the National outlets and then they move on. They’ll be back when there is a trial or he pleads.

Really lacking perspective if people think “the media” is pushing an agenda here.
Of course, news cycles are short. But when you gloss over a hideous killing of 6 people and running over 40 plus people in a christmas parade by calling it an "accident" or "car crash"  or saying an SUV ran them over, that is disgusting.  Maybe not pushing an agenda, but not painting an accurate picture of of the horrific nature of the crime or criminal either. This was multiple large news outlets, not isolated reporting.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »
Of course, news cycles are short. But when you gloss over a hideous killing of 6 people and running over 40 plus people in a christmas parade by calling it an "accident" or "car crash"  or saying an SUV ran them over, that is disgusting.  Maybe not pushing an agenda, but not painting an accurate picture of of the horrific nature of the crime or criminal either. This was multiple large news outlets, not isolated reporting.

I guess people will find outrage when they want to be outraged.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »

I guess people will find outrage when they want to be outraged.
I'm guessing you would feel differently if it was your friend or kid who was killed or severely injured.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
I'm guessing you would feel differently if it was your friend or kid who was killed or severely injured.

I hope not.  Just misplaced anger.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2021, 06:04:31 PM »
I hope not.  Just misplaced anger.
The problem I have with this type of reporting is it desensitizes the horrific nature of the crime. Politics or race shouldn't  play into it. It's a big deal, and affected many lives in a terrible way. It should be reported as such not rationalized.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2021, 06:14:51 PM »

New word being used by legacy media: “incident.”

Of course, the race hustlers like Kendi, Reid, and NHJ are amazingly silent on this tragedy and atrocity.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2021, 06:15:38 PM »

Nolongerwarriors has claimed the Journal Sentinel isn’t reporting on it and is ignoring it. They aren’t at all. Their website is covering it extensively.

And I’m at my parents’ for Thanksgiving and looked at their hard copy of today’s Journal Sentinel. It is very clearly just a Thanksgiving issue. In fact, it says in big font at the top, “The Big Thanksgiving Issue.” It also clearly says right on the front page that it was printed early for the holidays. So anything they were going to print on it would’ve been day old news.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:20:09 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2021, 06:16:32 PM »
The problem I have with this type of reporting is it desensitizes the horrific nature of the crime. Politics or race shouldn't  play into it. It's a big deal, and affected many lives in a terrible way. It should be reported as such not rationalized.

It is being reported as such. You are reading too much into it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
It is being reported as such. You are reading too much into it.

When certain people get diarrhea, they blame the media.  Many people are stupid.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2021, 10:04:04 PM »
I love how many people woke up this morning and though to themselves, "How can I politically weaponize this".

And how many people around here bit hard on that bait.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2021, 03:22:27 AM »
hairy

Fluff has become the scoop tough guy and getting a straight answer is not going to happen. The Waukesha tragedy was horrible event and only an idiot could argue that. The whole thing makes me sad and debating it on here has made things worse for me.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2021, 06:45:12 AM »
Two thoughts...

The use of the word accident is incorrect, but paid professionals refer to pretty much any car collision as "accidents" all the time. I have written a ton of reports on car collisions and it was only through deliberate and thoughtful action that I broke myself of that habit. I did so because the use of accident automatically implies a motive that I couldn't possibly know. Now one of my duties is reviewing reports of hundreds of professionals that write reports at such incidents and the word accident is pretty much ubiquitous with collision. It's wrong, but getting upset about that is silly because 99% of our society uses the words synonymously.

Second, while Jack Posobiec is the worst kind of human filth, when people dismiss his videos simply because of the source, you're kind of proving CountryRoads' point.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2021, 07:00:18 AM »
hairy

Fluff has become the scoop tough guy and getting a straight answer is not going to happen. The Waukesha tragedy was horrible event and only an idiot could argue that. The whole thing makes me sad and debating it on here has made things worse for me.
I should know better than to discuss anything like this on here. Made me feel worse as well. My youngest goes to CMH and we know some of the people who were there and some of the families at Waukesha Catholic that were injured. Makes me sick to my stomach. 

feedback