[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 3  (Read 18370 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 3
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
Awful human being.
Probably has a career in politics.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2021, 01:12:42 PM »
Heard on the radio that mom is already saying he’s a hero.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2021, 01:14:51 PM »

Kyle is an idiot and so is his mother. 
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2021, 01:16:23 PM »

His upbringing wasn’t allowed at trial but a cursory investigation into it and it wasn’t a surprise he was in the position he was that night
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2021, 01:16:41 PM »
Can he be taken to civil court for shooting the survivor? Or does the not guilty verdict pretty much throw that out the window?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »
His upbringing wasn’t allowed at trial but a cursory investigation into it and it wasn’t a surprise he was in the position he was that night

I mean "online high school" says everything anyone needs to know.
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 01:19:29 PM »
Can he be taken to civil court for shooting the survivor? Or does the not guilty verdict pretty much throw that out the window?

He can be sued by all of them (or their families). It will not surprise me in the least if he is. Remember OJ and the Goldmans?

However, I think a key difference between this case and the OJ cases is that here we know that Rittenhouse killed those two men and the real question is whether it was self defense. If Rittenhouse gets a lot of money from lawsuits (and personally, I'm somewhat skeptical that will happen) I would expect civil lawsuits against him.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2021, 01:20:14 PM »

100%. But, being an idiot and terrible human being don't make him a murderer.  Good tweet from a WaPo columnist:

I was a Rittenhouse agnostic, tending towards "probably guilty of something", until I watched the testimony. After, I just couldn't get "beyond a reasonable doubt" on self defense in the Rosenbaum shooting--after which, everything that follows looks like a tragedy, not murder.

That doesn't absolve Rittenhouse of the moral responsibility for bringing a gun into a volatile situation. But in this country, we don't convict people of moral responsibility. We convict them of things that are illegal.

I mean "online high school" says everything anyone needs to know.

I think you'd be surprised at how many kids these days, especially athletes, attend "online high schools."
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 01:22:55 PM »
The more the trial went on, the clearer it became that he should be innocent on all charges.

Facts and evidence > media pressure and intimidation

I don't agree that Rittenhouse should have gone to Kenosha in the first place, but I agree with these statements.  For those who think otherwise, my guess is they didn't pay attention to the facts/evidence and only base their views on what the media told them.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 01:27:42 PM »
He can be sued by all of them (or their families). It will not surprise me in the least if he is. Remember OJ and the Goldmans?

However, I think a key difference between this case and the OJ cases is that here we know that Rittenhouse killed those two men and the real question is whether it was self defense. If Rittenhouse gets a lot of money from lawsuits (and personally, I'm somewhat skeptical that will happen) I would expect civil lawsuits against him.

I'm only 30 I barely remember the OJ trial.

I think you'd be surprised at how many kids these days, especially athletes, attend "online high schools."

Yeah and I think that's about all I need to know about them as well.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 01:34:29 PM »
I'm only 30 I barely remember the OJ trial.

Yeah and I think that's about all I need to know about them as well.

The online schooling is pretty prevalent across all spectrums.

The upbringing he more to do with what his parents were instilling in him
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2021, 01:37:30 PM »
That individual would never have made it to trial.  He or she would be dead

Say it louder for the people in the back.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2021, 01:40:13 PM »
None of the idiots should have been in Kenosha. But, they were and the criminal justice system has spoken. Sorry if that disappoints some y'all. Last time I looked this is still America, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
None of the idiots should have been in Kenosha. But, they were and the criminal justice system has spoken. Sorry if that disappoints some y'all. Last time I looked this is still America, hey?

Agreed and I expect you had the same reaction to the Chauvin verdict?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2021, 01:46:24 PM »

Excellent analysis right here. Of course, the right won't heed his advice, to too many he will be a hero.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/kyle-rittenhouse-right-self-defense-role-model/620715/

But these public poses still matter. When you turn a foolish young man into a hero, you’ll see more foolish young men try to emulate his example. And although the state should not permit rioters to run rampant in America’s streets, random groups of armed Americans are utterly incapable of imposing order themselves, and any effort to do so can lead to greater death and carnage.

In fact, that’s exactly what happened in Rittenhouse’s case. He didn’t impose order. He didn’t stop a riot. He left a trail of bodies on the ground, and two of the people he shot were acting on the belief that Rittenhouse himself was an active shooter. He had, after all, just killed a man.

If the jury acquits Rittenhouse, it will not be a miscarriage of justice. The law gives even foolish men the right to defend their lives. But an acquittal does not make a foolish man a hero. A political movement that turns a deadly and ineffective vigilante into a role model is a movement that is courting more violence and encouraging more young men to recklessly brandish weapons in dangerous places, and that will spill more blood in America’s streets.

Agreed and I expect you had the same reaction to the Chauvin verdict?

If the prosecutors had followed the lead of the DA in the Chauvin trial they may have gotten a conviction. Justice was served there thanks to competent DA's not bowing to public pressure and overcharging. I remember many here screaming for Murder One. If Manslaughter had been on the table a conviction would have been far more likely in the Rittenhouse case. But instead, it was all or nothing and the DA got nothing.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2021, 01:48:08 PM »

What disappoints me is, we can’t have a serious discussion about the fact it’s 2021 and deep-seated racism remains because it makes people uncomfortable to discuss.  The original sin of America has never been fully cleansed. 

This trial and its verdict is about a lot more than what happened in that courtroom.  America is the greatest country in the world and yet, we bury our heads in the sand at the realities of the casual racism that permeates everyday life.

Edit: And this is a discussion that should be uncomfortable for everyone involved

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2021, 01:51:07 PM »
What disappoints me is, we can’t have a serious discussion about the fact it’s 2021 and deep-seated racism remains because it makes people uncomfortable to discuss.  The original sin of America has never been fully cleansed. 

This trial and its verdict is about a lot more than what happened in that courtroom.  America is the greatest country in the world and yet, we bury our heads in the sand at the realities of the casual racism that permeates everyday life.

Edit: And this is a discussion that should be uncomfortable for everyone involved

how is one white dumbass shooting three white dudes engaged in criminal activity "racism?"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2021, 01:52:07 PM »
So I have a hypothiticalsituation this seems to effect. If I am a concert with my AR 15 and some drunk anti gun person gets aggressive saying I shouldn't have that and tries to grab my gun I'm allowed to shoot to kill correct?

Now I'm an active shooter, and if anyone who believes me to be an active shooter attempts to come after me to incapacitate me, and I shoot them, I'm still defending myself correct?

If I am correct this sets a precedent that I can be a mass shooter but get away with it by nature of self defense depending on how many people are ill informed on the first shooting and come at me to stop me.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2021, 01:52:52 PM »
how is one white dumbass shooting three white dudes engaged in criminal activity "racism?"

Everything that lead to that night and it’s aftermath is based on race relations

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »

Word.

Pay attention.

If one white dumbass had been a Black dumbass, the cops would have gunned him down instead of happily letting him pass. And if the Black dumbass had somehow survived, he probably would have been convicted at trial.

So I have a hypothiticalsituation this seems to effect. If I am a concert with my AR 15 and some drunk anti gun person gets aggressive saying I shouldn't have that and tries to grab my gun I'm allowed to shoot to kill correct?

Now I'm an active shooter, and if anyone who believes me to be an active shooter attempts to come after me to incapacitate me, and I shoot them, I'm still defending myself correct?

If I am correct this sets a precedent that I can be a mass shooter but get away with it by nature of self defense depending on how many people are ill informed on the first shooting and come at me to stop me.

Legit questions.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2021, 02:05:24 PM »

Precedent doesn't really work like that.

However, the notion that someone might think it operates to bless the conduct you describe probably makes that conduct more likely to occur in the future.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »

Pay attention.

If one white dumbass had been a Black dumbass, the cops would have gunned him down instead of happily letting him pass. And if the Black dumbass had somehow survived, he probably would have been convicted at trial.
I get the point you're trying to make.  But (a) it's speculative, and (b) if it had been one black dumbass shooting another black dumbass, this wouldn't have been a local story, let alone a national story, because the media wouldn't have cared about it.  But that's pure speculation as well, so perhaps it's better to look at the facts of each case rather than generalizations and speculation.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2021, 02:14:29 PM »

The three white dues were there in protest of a system they believed (not without reason!) treats people of color unfairly.
The one white dumbass was there with an AR-15 to defend that system.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2021, 02:14:58 PM »
Be safe tonight, jockitch.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2021, 02:16:31 PM »
The three white dues were there in protest of a system they believed (not without reason!) treats people of color unfairly.
The one white dumbass was there with an AR-15 to defend that system.

Only two of the shot white dudes were there in protest I thought? One was just out there being an idiot.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback