[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Can Win The Game Tonight  (Read 1064 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
We Can Win The Game Tonight
« on: March 16, 2024, 02:46:08 PM »
I believe MU can win the Big East Tournament Tonight. Here are my reasons:
1. We are a huge underdog, 9.5 points worth. So our guys have nothing to lose and can play loose . Weight of Expectations are on U Conn.
2. We have now gone through several phase post Tyko Injury.
- Lost first two games learning how to play together, and actually did reasonably well considering circumstances and teams Creighton and U Conn.
- Then learned how to win, at that a road win at a tough environment at X.
- Then learned how to win an overtime game in a tournament environment against a Nova squad that was playing extremely well.
- Then learned how to win in what was ostensibly a road game against a very physical Friar squad, led by an elite level player in Carter. Also learned how to play well down the stretch.
3.Common thread in all three wins, is MU has gone back to be a Whole is Greater Than of Sum of The Parts Team. That is what won us so many games last year, and now this new lineup has figured out that is the key to winning. 
4. As part of the Whole is Greater than Sum of Parts , Kam and Oso have figured out to be combined great facilitators, and the chemistry they have built with role players like Stevie, Jop,  Chase and Gold is starting to jell
5. Freshman are deep enough in the season to know their role is to not play hero rather to just play hard while they are in the lineup
6.U Conn fans will clearly make this a road game, however the MU supporters are loud, and my experience in attending many Big East Tournaments over the years, is that the fans who are left from other schools, usually support the underdog.

Taking all that in to consideration, I believe MU can keep the game close, and has  everything it takes to actually win the game.

We are....

« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 03:18:14 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

avid1010

• All American
Re: We Can Win The Game Tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 02:52:59 PM »
Looking at the line...we have about a 25-30% chance to win...seems about right. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 03:05:03 PM »
I just don’t see  a realistic path to victory without kolek. Would love to be wrong of course.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 03:11:21 PM »
Letting PC back into the game after a 17 point lead does not bode well for a win tonight, but anything can happen and that is why we play the games.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 03:28:28 PM »
Letting PC back into the game after a 17 point lead does not bode well for a win tonight, but anything can happen and that is why we play the games.

Playing along with UConn and stealing it at the end might bode better than grabbing an early lead and trying to hang onto it.
VIOLENCE!

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 03:55:05 PM »
I believe MU can win the Big East Tournament Tonight. Here are my reasons:
1. We are a huge underdog, 9.5 points worth. So our guys have nothing to lose and can play loose . Weight of Expectations are on U Conn.
2. We have now gone through several phase post Tyko Injury.
- Lost first two games learning how to play together, and actually did reasonably well considering circumstances and teams Creighton and U Conn.
- Then learned how to win, at that a road win at a tough environment at X.
- Then learned how to win an overtime game in a tournament environment against a Nova squad that was playing extremely well.
- Then learned how to win in what was ostensibly a road game against a very physical Friar squad, led by an elite level player in Carter. Also learned how to play well down the stretch.
3.Common thread in all three wins, is MU has gone back to be a Whole is Greater Than of Sum of The Parts Team. That is what won us so many games last year, and now this new lineup has figured out that is the key to winning. 
4. As part of the Whole is Greater than Sum of Parts , Kam and Oso have figured out to be combined great facilitators, and the chemistry they have built with role players like Stevie, Jop,  Chase and Gold is starting to jell
5. Freshman are deep enough in the season to know their role is to not play hero rather to just play hard while they are in the lineup
6.U Conn fans will clearly make this a road game, however the MU supporters are loud, and my experience in attending many Big East Tournaments over the years, is that the fans who are left from other schools, usually support the underdog.

Taking all that in to consideration, I believe MU can keep the game close, and has  everything it takes to actually win the game.

We are....

MARQUETTE!!!

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 04:01:57 PM »
I think we can, I think we can

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 04:08:58 PM »
Playing along with UConn and stealing it at the end might bode better than grabbing an early lead and trying to hang onto it.

Yep. I'm pretty sure our chances of building a 17 point lead are not very good, so we would not need to worry about blowing it. Let's go with your plan.  :D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 04:13:58 PM »

In no way, shape, or form would you rather try to steal the game at the end vs having an early lead

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 04:36:48 PM »
If Kolek didn’t play a single game this season, this would still be a really good team getting their name called on Sunday. But I don’t think they have a chance to beat the best team in the country barring a complete egg laid by UConn…but that is possible. They did it in Omaha and in hindsight, kind of in Lawrence too

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 04:45:44 PM »
A win is more likely if we score the most points.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 06:59:15 PM »
Appreciate the optimism. Unlikely.