[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Amir Locke murder  (Read 1208 times)

jesmu84

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Amir Locke murder
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 04:41:19 PM »
No knock warrants need to end.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:16:33 PM »

All you can do is prey
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 06:13:06 PM »

I think they have a limited place for agencies like DEA/FBI/ATF,  but there is zero reason for local police to have the ability. They just aren’t trained/poised enough far too often.  Not to mention the compete conflict with stand your ground laws

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 06:21:21 PM »
I think they have a limited place for agencies like DEA/FBI/ATF,  but there is zero reason for local police to have the ability. They just aren’t trained/poised enough far too often.  Not to mention the compete conflict with stand your ground laws

Right. Especially in this situation, for example, guy is dead asleep. He is startled awake by a bunch of yelling and people breaking into his house. So he does what anyone else would likely do - grab his (allegedly) legal gun. Now he's dangerous to the police

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 12:04:41 AM »
Simply an execution.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 10:23:08 AM »
It's been confirmed that Locke was the legal owner of a legally obtained handgun.

The blessed Second Amendment didn't protect him one iota, and the NRA hasn't rallied to defend his name.

The police body-cam footage makes me sick to my stomach. It really was an execution of a man for committing the crime of being Black.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 11:21:55 AM »
It's been confirmed that Locke was the legal owner of a legally obtained handgun.

The blessed Second Amendment didn't protect him one iota, and the NRA hasn't rallied to defend his name.

The police body-cam footage makes me sick to my stomach. It really was an execution of a man for committing the crime of being Black.

Gun advocacy groups have spoken loudly and have very been supportive of Locke.  It's been all over the news.

Not sure if the national NRA has been silent, but locally, gun advocacy groups have spoken loud and clear on this topic.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 11:23:50 AM »
sorry to get into the middle of a pissing match but I was curious the reason behind the warrant and found this.  sounds like they were looking for his cousin.  what a tragedy
https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-cat/national-news/teen-arrested-in-murder-probe-that-led-to-fatal-swat-raid/
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 11:40:13 AM »
I don't like the term "execution" being used with this.  And honestly, it doesn't help the argument against no-knock warrants, cause it makes it look like malicious, blood thirsty police instead of an incredibly faulty policy that empowers poorly prepared or trained police to make split second decisions they are unprepared for. 

Execution would be shooting an unarmed person in the back or whatnot (as has happened countless times unfortunately).  This was horribly trained/ill-prepared police expecting the worst and then immediately reacting to seeing a gun.  Its not like he had a cell phone or a tv remote control. 

He did nothing wrong and didn't deserve to die or even be shot, and I hope the police are prosecuted for manslaughter or reckless homicide of some sort, but this is different than other cases where unarmed men are wantonly killed

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 12:10:59 PM »
Gun advocacy groups have spoken loudly and have very been supportive of Locke.  It's been all over the news.

Not sure if the national NRA has been silent, but locally, gun advocacy groups have spoken loud and clear on this topic.

Good.

Unfortunately, radical gun-lovers are pushing back on the more rational gun folks out there. For example, the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus criticized the police and backed Locke but was then attacked on social media of going "full BLM and Antifa" and for being "cowards."

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/what-happened-to-you-gun-owners-group-leader-criticized-over-amir-locke-support

But dopes will be dopes, and I'm glad you pointed this out.

As of now, the NRA remains silent ... but at least they're still putting out releases about and giving financial support to various gun-loving politicians.

I don't like the term "execution" being used with this.

Apologies; it's an emotional issue for me, and the video was sickening.

We don't know yet what state of mind of the police officers had, and we might never know. It was a tragedy, and we're all getting sick and tired of these tragedies.

But you're right ... compared to executions, this one does not look like that.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 02:51:21 PM »
Apologies; it's an emotional issue for me, and the video was sickening.

We don't know yet what state of mind of the police officers had, and we might never know. It was a tragedy, and we're all getting sick and tired of these tragedies.

But you're right ... compared to executions, this one does not look like that.

No apologies needed and its completely fair.  Its an awful story no matter how you look at it

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 11:37:03 PM »
A White father and son in Mississippi were charged this week after they were accused of chasing and shooting at a Black FedEx driver in an incident that the driver’s attorney says was a “copycat crime” of the murder of Ahmaud Arbery.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/02/11/mississippi-black-fedex-driver-chased-shot-gibson/

FedEx driver D’Monterrio Gibson said he was delivering packages on his route in Brookhaven, Miss., on Jan. 24 when two White men with whom he had not interacted chased him in a pickup truck for about seven minutes and fired at least five shots at the van he was driving.

Gibson, who said he was driving a Hertz van at the time but was in his full FedEx uniform, told reporters Thursday that he believes that Brandon Case and his father, Gregory Case, chased and shot at him because he is Black and thought he didn’t belong in the neighborhood.

“They came out of nowhere,” Gibson said at a news conference. The 24-year-old driver, who was not injured in the incident, added, “Even if [the van] was unmarked, civilians still can’t take the law into their own hands.”