[Today at 10:23:37 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Game Day Parking  (Read 2340 times)

DarkWarrior

• Starter
Game Day Parking
« on: November 03, 2021, 02:26:58 PM »
Does anybody know a way to purchase game day parking in the 5th Street structure? Apparently, MU sent out a notice on parking as part of their Haunted Halloween and it was not visible upon opening the email and thus I never saw that notation. A big part of going to these games with some of the people I bring is the easy access to the game. I am frankly furious that MU didn't mail a notice or reach out more effectively. I contacted the ticket office and was told they couldn't help me. After 20+ years of season tickets that is the response. They didn't even offer an alternative parking idea. I would be out of business if I treated people in this manner. I was ready to return my season tickets but decided to catch my breath before doing so. Any ideas would be helpful...THANKS! Whatis the next best parking option?

🏀

• All American
Re: Game Day Parking
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »

GOO

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »
That is poor marketing by Marquette. 

I would guess use one of the parking apps. Someone else should be apple to post as to which ones work best in Milwaukee and around the FiServe.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 02:37:40 PM »
Does anybody know a way to purchase game day parking in the 5th Street structure? Apparently, MU sent out a notice on parking as part of their Haunted Halloween and it was not visible upon opening the email and thus I never saw that notation. A big part of going to these games with some of the people I bring is the easy access to the game. I am frankly furious that MU didn't mail a notice or reach out more effectively. I contacted the ticket office and was told they couldn't help me. After 20+ years of season tickets that is the response. They didn't even offer an alternative parking idea. I would be out of business if I treated people in this manner. I was ready to return my season tickets but decided to catch my breath before doing so. Any ideas would be helpful...THANKS! Whatis the next best parking option?

Ma has a "secret" free parkin' spot on 6th and Brown. Pretty sure if ya pm her, she can hook ya up, hey?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 02:39:47 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 02:48:50 PM »
That is poor marketing by Marquette. 

I would guess use one of the parking apps. Someone else should be apple to post as to which ones work best in Milwaukee and around the FiServe.

Yeah, the link was a bit buried.

I know some people that had success in the old BC structure, which is a short walk. Otherwise, if you're there early enough most games you can pay to park in the 5th street structure. There was no noticeable discount for STH from the gameday rates.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
just go to Miss Katies diner....free bus...and you dont have to buy anything.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 03:23:32 PM »
Return your season tickets?
Not sure that’s how it works, Ian a

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »
MU is not going to waste money to send out mailers for people to park. Not sure what the question was to the ticket office. I feel like there might be another side to this. The email did go out on a season pass to park at the 5th Street Parking Structure. I believe it's cost $450.

Also, you can just drive up to that lot and pay the price per game. Most dates that would be a simple process. Guessing that would be tougher for games versus UCLA & Butler. Another main lot is the old Bradley Center Parking Lot.
https://www.fiservforum.com/plan-your-visit/directions-parking

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:49:31 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 03:40:22 PM »
spothero.com

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 04:02:38 PM »
I always try both Spot Hero and Parkwhiz and use whomever has the best deal. It can vary from time to time.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 04:52:15 PM »

Consider that the spaces you're looking for may already be spoken for, and there is nothing that anyone in the ticket office can do about it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 05:12:51 PM »
Consider that the spaces you're looking for may already be spoken for, and there is nothing that anyone in the ticket office can do about it.

Looks like you'd be out of business, Hards.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 07:29:43 PM »

Have you tried street parking? I haven't parked in a structure or parking lot for at least 10 years since it took me 30 minutes once after a game just to get out of the structure.  I always find a spot within 5-10 minute walking distance and after the game we walk back to the car and then listen to the post game show on the way home and we are back before half the people are even out of the structures.  Saves money, time and you get a little exercise.  And of course I understand that not everyone is able to walk for 5-10 minutes, but for those who can, it seems like the best way to go.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 08:03:10 AM »
Exactly.  East of the river is shooting fish in a barrel.  Cross the pedestrian bridge and you're right there.

Have you tried street parking? I haven't parked in a structure or parking lot for at least 10 years since it took me 30 minutes once after a game just to get out of the structure.  I always find a spot within 5-10 minute walking distance and after the game we walk back to the car and then listen to the post game show on the way home and we are back before half the people are even out of the structures.  Saves money, time and you get a little exercise.  And of course I understand that not everyone is able to walk for 5-10 minutes, but for those who can, it seems like the best way to go.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 08:20:48 AM »

I do understand the frustrations here.   I almost missed the part of the haunted hoops email that talked about parking and I haven't seen any other communication about it.  It probably would have been good to have a stand alone email about parking for those who want/need it.

As for the ticket office, their hands may be tied as others have said if there are no spots left.  If you really need to be close, but don't require an elevator, I would use the old Bradley center / MATC parking structure on 6th.  Although there is no bridge, it's often easier to get in and out of than the Fiserv Forum structure plus it's less expensive.  You can exit the FF through the SW stairways and you're right there at the structure.  If I don't find easy street parking, this is where I park and it's very convenient.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2021, 09:11:25 AM »
The issue was that season tickets holders that were not at the $4,000 level for yearly contributions had to wait until the complimentary parking was spoken for by those higher donors.  On Thursday October 28th, you could begin to purchase the season passes for $450.  Not sure if any are left at this time. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »
Plenty of free street parking 3ish blocks north of the Fiserv, and you will get out of the Downtown area quicker than anyone in a parking garage.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2021, 03:13:21 PM »
Plenty of free street parking 3ish blocks north of the Fiserv, and you will get out of the Downtown area quicker than anyone in a parking garage.

It's a secret for a reason, missy.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2021, 06:43:08 AM »
It's a secret for a reason, missy.

Heh, I don't have season tickets anymore, so I am just divulging my old spot. Also encouraging some of the Olds to get a little exercise.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2021, 09:52:18 AM »
The Fiserv Forum lot, MU is limited to a small amount by the Bucks. Once the passes are sold out, doesn't mean the lot is sold out day of the game. The lot holds 1,200 cars.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

feedback