collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44631 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2021, 09:53:00 PM »
You really can't make this stuff up.

Anti-vax doctors at a conference touting alternatives to prevent COVID, get COVID at a Florida conference.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/23/florida-doctors-covid-coronavirus-bruce-boros

Was it even necessary to include the part I highlighted? Could it have been anywhere else?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2021, 10:28:40 PM »
Were any of them dentists? ;D

Nah, I heard the dentists were holding out for the follow up conference in Fondy.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2021, 11:04:11 PM »
Nah, I heard the dentists were holding out for the follow up conference in Fondy.

I've been to a dentists office a few times.  Wish I'd get invited to that!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2021, 10:43:09 AM »
Were any of them dentists? ;D
No, they were actual doctors.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2021, 02:44:32 PM »
Back in your day, they were known as tooth carpenters, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2021, 11:48:29 AM »
New York City has very low mortality rate.

https://twitter.com/johnarnoldfndtn/status/1464973536355930116?s=21

Yep. The hyper-dense urban area in the US like Chicago and NYC have mask mandates & most places require proof of vaccination. Despite the huge population density difference, we're keeping the infection rate and death rate in line or lower than much less dense rural areas. The pro-social behavior by residents and public policies helped me make my decision to stay in a large city for the rest of my life.

It's no-brainer behavior+policies that keep the economy fully open and rolling, and it's been working great.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2021, 08:42:50 AM »
Judge temporarily blocks Biden administration vaccine mandate for health-care workers in 10 states

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/11/30/biden-vaccine-mandate-judge-block/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3567167%2F61a614099d2fdab56baa06d0%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F12%2F40%2F61a614099d2fdab56baa06d0

I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would be against health-care workers having to be vaccinated. Would the governors or other politicians in these states want their loved ones being treated by unvaccinated people?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2021, 09:28:03 AM »
Judge temporarily blocks Biden administration vaccine mandate for health-care workers in 10 states

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/11/30/biden-vaccine-mandate-judge-block/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3567167%2F61a614099d2fdab56baa06d0%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F12%2F40%2F61a614099d2fdab56baa06d0

I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would be against health-care workers having to be vaccinated. Would the governors or other politicians in these states want their loved ones being treated by unvaccinated people?

I hate to say it. But you can usually find the agenda by watching Foxnews. Yesterday, they were going off on more people dying of COVID during Biden than Trump. Saying he has blood on his hands and should face a Reckoning.

That is the reason. They want more dead so they can blame Biden.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #285 on: November 30, 2021, 09:54:40 AM »
I hate to say it. But you can usually find the agenda by watching Foxnews. Yesterday, they were going off on more people dying of COVID during Biden than Trump. Saying he has blood on his hands and should face a Reckoning.

That is the reason. They want more dead so they can blame Biden.

Yeah, it doesn't matter that the vast majority of dead are unvaccinated-by-choice people from red-state, mandate-refusing counties that voted for Trump.

Tucker gonna Tucker ... but I bet Tucker wouldn't let his mom or kids or other family/friends be treated by some unvaccinated nurse or doctor.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2021, 10:42:19 AM »
New York City has very low mortality rate.

https://twitter.com/johnarnoldfndtn/status/1464973536355930116?s=21

NYC 7 day avg of deaths is right where it was at this same time last year prior to the vaccines being rolled out.  Cases are starting to climb again in NYC but since the initial surge their mortality numbers have been super low.

Which also aligns with the rest of the state as well. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2021, 11:00:47 AM »
NYC 7 day avg of deaths is right where it was at this same time last year prior to the vaccines being rolled out.  Cases are starting to climb again in NYC but since the initial surge their mortality numbers have been super low.

According to the data, NY State's death rate per 100k in the last 7 days is 2x the death rate of New York City. The state also has ~2x the hospitalization rate of NYC. The state also has ~2x the case rate of NYC.

This is bonkers when considering the population density disparity.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/new-york-covid-cases.html

Goose

• All American
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2021, 11:42:38 AM »
I am getting the booster and will take as many boosters as needed. It is too early to tell on Omicron, but I am going to listen to the people smarter than me. I did not like the comments from Moderna CEO this morning in regards to Omicron. I am afraid it is going to be a long winter and hoping to restrictions are not needed. This has been too long of a haul and getting me depressed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:50:58 AM by Goose »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2021, 11:52:31 AM »
Everyone is tired, Goose.   Except, of course, the virus. And the next mutation.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2021, 11:53:30 AM »
Tower

No doubt we all are tired. I just have a bad feeling about this variant.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2021, 11:58:19 AM »
According to the data, NY State's death rate per 100k in the last 7 days is 2x the death rate of New York City. The state also has ~2x the hospitalization rate of NYC. The state also has ~2x the case rate of NYC.

This is bonkers when considering the population density disparity.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/new-york-covid-cases.html

What's the vaccination percentage of NYC vs the rest of the state?
Was just in NYC and plenty of people seem to still be wearing masks.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2021, 12:07:50 PM »

Last year, New York had extreme limitations and curfews on indoor dining that they don't have now.  So cases were being kept down more due to forced distancing measures versus vaccines.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »
What's the vaccination percentage of NYC vs the rest of the state?
Was just in NYC and plenty of people seem to still be wearing masks.

The state has 1% more with one dose, the city has 1% more fully vaccinated, so they're neck & neck when it comes to shots-in-arms.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/vaccination-progress-date

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data-vaccines.page

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2021, 01:10:54 PM »
I am getting the booster and will take as many boosters as needed. It is too early to tell on Omicron, but I am going to listen to the people smarter than me. I did not like the comments from Moderna CEO this morning in regards to Omicron. I am afraid it is going to be a long winter and hoping to restrictions are not needed. This has been too long of a haul and getting me depressed.

I feel the same way Goose, exhausted.  But I'd caution you about the single quote from the Moderna CEO. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2021, 01:53:48 PM »
I feel the same way Goose, exhausted.  But I'd caution you about the single quote from the Moderna CEO.

Given what their stock did when Omicron was announced and panic ensued, I think that it is probably prudent to take his thoughts with a grain of salt.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2021, 02:11:30 PM »
Wags

I stated back in Feb '19 that the Chinese locking Wuhan was either the biggest overreaction or they knew something was really bad. There is too much smoke around Omicron and it has my attention. #1 Wall Street guys are rich for a reason and they seemed a bit spooked, #2 Israel does not play games and they are taking this seriously, #3 Moderna CEO's comments, #4 Multiple countries are banning incoming flights from southern Africa and #5 the origin of Omicron has me concerned. Many other things have caught my attention on this variant and I am afraid we do not want this cat out of the bag.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2021, 02:18:39 PM »
Wags

I stated back in Feb '19 that the Chinese locking Wuhan was either the biggest overreaction or they knew something was really bad. There is too much smoke around Omicron and it has my attention. #1 Wall Street guys are rich for a reason and they seemed a bit spooked, #2 Israel does not play games and they are taking this seriously, #3 Moderna CEO's comments, #4 Multiple countries are banning incoming flights from southern Africa and #5 the origin of Omicron has me concerned. Many other things have caught my attention on this variant and I am afraid we do not want this cat out of the bag.

The variant most likely did not originate in South Africa, it was just the place it was first detected.  I believe they're rerunning samples from the Netherlands from a couple weeks back and they're coming up positive.  "Shutdowns between countries" are 100% political and 100% pointless.  There is no stopping this virus and by the time we have detected it in a population it has probably zig zagged across the globe.  It's already in the US and probably has been for some time.  We are really bad at testing for specific variants.

Otherwise, I generally agree... but Moderna's CEO is going to say what is best for his company... always.  It's his entire job.  So take what he says with a grain of salt.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2021, 03:15:52 PM »
Wags

A full year in advance?  Can you tell me who's gonna win the 22 world series?   ;D

Goose

• All American
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »
Sorry, Zigs. I have lost track of time. As for the '22 World Series, go with the Dodgers.

feedback