[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 58854 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Michigan
« Reply #475 on: November 22, 2021, 06:13:07 AM »
It was in poor taste.  Mea Culpa
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #477 on: December 11, 2021, 06:35:25 PM »
Izzo decides to weigh in.   

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2021/12/11/michigan-state-basketball-tom-izzo-covid-19-healtcare-workers/6479901001/

I'm very glad he's sticking up for doctors and nurses. That he both advocates for the vaccine while giving anti-vaxxers a bit of a free pass ... that's a little disappointing, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2021, 12:37:08 AM »
I thought the same. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #479 on: December 12, 2021, 09:41:26 AM »
I'm very glad he's sticking up for doctors and nurses. That he both advocates for the vaccine while giving anti-vaxxers a bit of a free pass ... that's a little disappointing, though.

Anti-vaxxers are recruits too.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #480 on: December 13, 2021, 12:21:15 PM »
Izzo decides to weigh in.   

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2021/12/11/michigan-state-basketball-tom-izzo-covid-19-healtcare-workers/6479901001/

I hope he’s also mad about hospitals being short-staffed due to cutting workers who don’t take the vax because that’s part of the shortage issue too.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #481 on: December 13, 2021, 12:24:06 PM »
I hope he’s also mad about hospitals being short-staffed due to cutting workers who don’t take the vax because that’s part of the shortage issue too.

Maybe everyone should just get vaccinated then.  It's safe and effective.  Miracle of medicine.  It solves both the patient and staffing problem.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #482 on: December 13, 2021, 12:34:55 PM »

Is there short staffing due to cutting workers who are anti-vax?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #483 on: December 13, 2021, 01:10:09 PM »
source?   And remember, your facebook chat group is not considered a valid source.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:14:15 PM by tower912 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2021, 02:48:49 PM »

chicos3, I just heard the head of one of Houston's largest hospitals being interviewed. He said their vaccine mandate only resulted in something like 0.2% of the workforce leaving. He said the mandate actually improved the staffing levels because, 1. Some workers said they'd quit if there wasn't a mandate because they didn't want to work next to infected co-workers, and 2. Hardly any workers call in sick because they're not infected with COVID (because they've been vaccinated).

I'm gonna ask you to be honest here, chicos3. I know that's not easy for you, but I'm gonna ask.

If you or a loved one or a close friend needed to go to the hospital today, would you rather the health-care workers be vaccinated, or would it be OK for you to be seen by somebody potentially infected with a highly contagious, deadly virus?

Thanks, and stay well!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #485 on: December 13, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »
chicos3, I just heard the head of one of Houston's largest hospitals being interviewed. He said their vaccine mandate only resulted in something like 0.2% of the workforce leaving. He said the mandate actually improved the staffing levels because, 1. Some workers said they'd quit if there wasn't a mandate because they didn't want to work next to infected co-workers, and 2. Hardly any workers call in sick because they're not infected with COVID (because they've been vaccinated).

I'm gonna ask you to be honest here, chicos3. I know that's not easy for you, but I'm gonna ask.

If you or a loved one or a close friend needed to go to the hospital today, would you rather the health-care workers be vaccinated, or would it be OK for you to be seen by somebody potentially infected with a highly contagious, deadly virus?

Thanks, and stay well!

F*cking Olbermann 🤦‍♂️

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #486 on: December 13, 2021, 03:05:10 PM »

Thanks, and stay well!
Vaccinated people can be infected and spread Covid as well, so its not an either/or. Full disclosure, I am vaccinated, and feel every adult should be. Not sure there has been enough long term study on children, however.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #487 on: December 13, 2021, 03:24:36 PM »
F*cking Olbermann 🤦‍♂️

Attaboy, statnik/chicos2!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #488 on: December 14, 2021, 08:15:09 AM »
Vaccinated people can be infected and spread Covid as well, so its not an either/or. Full disclosure, I am vaccinated, and feel every adult should be. Not sure there has been enough long term study on children, however.

Non-smokers can die of lung cancer too. But your absolute and relative risk of dying of lung cancer are radically reduced by not smoking.

While vaccinated people can contract/spread Covid, their absolute and relative risk of both doing so and of enduring severe disease are radically reduced.

feedback