[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hot Sauce Query  (Read 4066 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Hot Sauce Query
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »
I would recommend Porky try an assortment of Pakistani dishes when he has some free time.   Unless he cannot deal with prime-time spice and cilantro.  From my experience the Tandoor style dishes are better at Pakastani joints.  It could be the Persian influence.  I also think Porky should try several Indian restaurants in Singapore.  One in particular may be the best Indian food I've had the pleasure to devour.  :)

The best Indian food Goooo ever had was in Singapore as well. Goooo can’t recall the name, but it was on one of the busier streets of the Little India neighborhood.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2021, 05:36:18 PM »

The best Indian food Goooo ever had was in Singapore as well. Goooo can’t recall the name, but it was on one of the busier streets of the Little India neighborhood.

Do you remember if it's on Serangoon Rd. or a little off the beaten path?  There are many good ones in Little India.  If you get back to Singapore Gooo make sure you go to Thevar which is closer to Chinatown.  It's more modern Indian and upscale but you won't regret it.  Phenomenal restaurant.  thevar.sg

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2021, 09:25:47 PM »
Do you remember if it's on Serangoon Rd. or a little off the beaten path?  There are many good ones in Little India.  If you get back to Singapore Gooo make sure you go to Thevar which is closer to Chinatown.  It's more modern Indian and upscale but you won't regret it.  Phenomenal restaurant.  thevar.sg

I'm fairly sure it was on Sarangoon Road, right among lots of other restaurants and shopping areas. Wish I could remember the name, but it was 15+ years ago....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2021, 05:44:17 AM »

I'm fairly sure it was on Sarangoon Road, right among lots of other restaurants and shopping areas. Wish I could remember the name, but it was 15+ years ago....

The Goooo slipith too.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2021, 05:45:48 AM »
Porky has yes.  Swine is particularly popular in the Indian state of GOA on the southwest coast of the country.  Goa was a Portuguese colony and not officially part of India until 1961, which explains the abundance of swine in Goan dishes.  Today GOA is a very popular holiday destination frequented by the Delhi and Mumbai elite.  In addition to Swine, there is also an abundance of luxury 5 star resorts there.

The Ruskies love The Goa.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2021, 06:03:02 AM »
Can’t wait to try a ghost pepper chicken nugget at Burger King.

Not.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2021, 06:30:34 AM »

Not.

Lol.  I think I will also pass on that one.  :)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »
Lol.  I think I will also pass on that one.  :)

With those, passing would probably be the worst part. 😮

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2021, 11:50:19 AM »
Yea, but he's not too far off.  Every Indian national I know echos it similarly.  Whether from Mumbai, Delhi, my sister's BF's family from up near Kashmir, or over near Bangalore.

London on the other hand is much truer in the nature of spice and authenticity of Indian cuisine.

Porky, where does the fam live in Bombay?  Bandra, Worli, Malabar?  Or up near Kandavali/Boravali?

Wait, how can this be true? Wouldn't the food FROM INDIA be more "authentic," even if you feel the flavor of it was improved upon elsewhere?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2021, 11:57:01 AM »
Wait, how can this be true? Wouldn't the food FROM INDIA be more "authentic," even if you feel the flavor of it was improved upon elsewhere?

Than the US version of India food...

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2021, 11:57:53 AM »
Than the US version of India food...

Ah, thanks for the clarification
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2021, 12:36:16 PM »

Commonwealth no matta?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2021, 01:45:05 PM »
Commonwealth no matta?

- Dwyane Wade, 2003
Signature:

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:59 PM »
- Dwyane Wade, 2003

Send it in, medium-sized fella!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »

Not.

We needed to stop for gas and food on a road trip recently and BK was the only option near the exit. If you adjust for the fact that it's BK, the ghost pepper nuggets weren't bad at all.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2021, 04:39:26 PM »

Send it in, medium-sized fella!

Vern:  "I hope he likes Cajun food"
Raf:  "Jambalaya!"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »
some coworkers had the "one chip challenge" chip in their office so I broke a piece off. "Not bad, not bad, starting to burn, eyesight is blurry, why the hell did I do this??" The burn lasted 15-20 minutes and I had to keep moving to tolerate it. .
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »
some coworkers had the "one chip challenge" chip in their office so I broke a piece off. "Not bad, not bad, starting to burn, eyesight is blurry, why the hell did I do this??" The burn lasted 15-20 minutes and I had to keep moving to tolerate it. .

Shaq was hilarious when he did the chip challenge. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2021, 07:01:41 PM »
Shaq was hilarious when he did the chip challenge.

yeah, that's how I learned about the thing. Two pints of milk didn't help either.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »
We needed to stop for gas and food on a road trip recently and BK was the only option near the exit. If you adjust for the fact that it's BK, the ghost pepper nuggets weren't bad at all.

The BK's and Mickey D's in India are way better than the states or Europe.   One wouldn't think a highway rest stop Mickey D's in India would be remotely good or sanitary but the best fast food breakfast sandwich Porky has ever had was at a tiny highway rest stop Mickey D's in India just south of Pune.   No beef products and farm fresh eggs!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2021, 11:30:22 AM »
I made close to a vat of chili and took the risk of using 3 drops of my "Kraken" hot sauce.  To reiterate "The Kraken" has 1,000,000 Scoville units and several emphatic warnings on the label.  The Verdict?  It was spicy, very spicy.  But not crazy inedible spicy.  I had to taper it down with more crushed tomatoes, a little more Guinness beer, and beef broth.  I also added sour cream to my serving.  All in all it was still super hot, and some of my guests thought  too hot and overwhelmed the other flavors.  I honestly didn't but that said I clearly have a lifetime supply of this stuff.  I'm not sure if it can be used too effectively unless you are serving 12 people or more.  :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:33:48 AM by MuggsyB »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2021, 11:59:06 AM »
I made close to a vat of chili and took the risk of using 3 drops of my "Kraken" hot sauce.  To reiterate "The Kraken" has 1,000,000 Scoville units and several emphatic warnings on the label.  The Verdict?  It was spicy, very spicy.  But not crazy inedible spicy.  I had to taper it down with more crushed tomatoes, a little more Guinness beer, and beef broth.  I also added sour cream to my serving.  All in all it was still super hot, and some of my guests thought  too hot and overwhelmed the other flavors.  I honestly didn't but that said I clearly have a lifetime supply of this stuff.  I'm not sure if it can be used too effectively unless you are serving 12 people or more.  :)

Seems like a couple more drops, water, and one of these guys and you'd have effective crowd control!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2021, 12:03:34 PM »
Seems like a couple more drops, water, and one of these guys and you'd have effective crowd control!

You joke but that's pretty much exactly what's in pepperballs that the cops use for crowd control.

feedback