[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hot Sauce Query  (Read 4060 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Hot Sauce Query
« on: October 23, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »
What do you do with a hot sauce with "one million scoville units"?  I felt obligated to buy "The Kraken" after I was alerted of the product.   Are there options besides a vat of chili or a spicy soup or stew?  I still don't get Scoville, not sure it's always accurate.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Hot Sauce Query
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 06:26:18 PM »
What do you do with a hot sauce with "one million scoville units"?  I felt obligated to buy "The Kraken" after I was alerted of the product.   Are there options besides a vat of chili or a spicy soup or stew?  I still don't get Scoville, not sure it's always accurate.

Anal lube.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 08:49:45 PM »
This is my new favorite thread.

Bro, catch the L and just dump it.  It was probably less than $20.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 10:06:13 AM »
Breakfast burritos, con chorizo y queso. Muy bueno.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 10:28:14 AM »
The only purpose of those super-hot hot sauces is for guys to try to win d*#k measuring contests (although I would not recommend applying directly to said appendage). They are virtually worthless for cooking. If a couple drops of a sauce (or more accurately, a “food additive”) will provide heat for an entire pot of chili, I’d submit that you’re better off trying something else with a little flavor to get that heat.

And I say this as someone who loves hot sauces and cooking.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
The only purpose of those super-hot hot sauces is for guys to try to win d*#k measuring contests (although I would not recommend applying directly to said appendage). They are virtually worthless for cooking. If a couple drops of a sauce (or more accurately, a “food additive”) will provide heat for an entire pot of chili, I’d submit that you’re better off trying something else with a little flavor to get that heat.

And I say this as someone who loves hot sauces and cooking.

I love h-sauces and cooking as well but perhaps caved because of the "Kraken" name.  Could I weaponize it like mace or something for protection?  :)

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 11:15:57 AM »
I love h-sauces and cooking as well but perhaps caved because of the "Kraken" name.  Could I weaponize it like mace or something for protection?  :)

If you buy it because you like the name — nothing wrong with that; I’ve done that myself a number of times — it’s most useful as a paperweight or a tchotchke. 
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 11:22:12 AM »
If you buy it because you like the name — nothing wrong with that; I’ve done that myself a number of times — it’s most useful as a paperweight or a tchotchke.

Ha!!  Alright. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 11:35:51 PM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 12:32:21 AM »
My old roommate thought of himself as spicy food fan based on pretty much nothing besides like some moderately spicy wings from BWW’s.  He didn’t even eat spicy food when he was in India for 3 weeks for work.

Anyways, he went to a trip down South with his family and bought a set of 7-8 hot sauces with insane names and Scoville ratings escalating in heat for a pretty high price, want to say close to $200.  He was talking about putting them on pizza, making crazy wings, etc… he ate a wing with a bit of the “mildest” of the bunch…and it was so spicy it made him puke 😅

He then decided to clean them out and make them decorative…which was an equally bad choice.  Smelled and felt like someone maced the entire kitchen

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 06:52:31 AM »

They put hot sauce in squirt guns to take over the radio station in the movie Airheads.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 07:56:49 AM »
They put hot sauce in squirt guns to take over the radio station in the movie Airheads.

Such an under rated movie.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 08:06:59 AM »
A dash of hot sauce in the shaker goes a long way to a quality spicy margarita. That would be my recommendation if it is too hot to eat.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 08:14:17 AM »
Make a well done steak or prime rib, put hot sauce with BBQ sauce and proceed to eat that's what I do.

Edit: don't purposely cook your meat well done but if you're refrying leftovers for breakfast sometimes it happens
Maigh Eo for Sam

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 08:31:59 PM »
My old roommate thought of himself as spicy food fan based on pretty much nothing besides like some moderately spicy wings from BWW’s.  He didn’t even eat spicy food when he was in India for 3 weeks for work.

Anyways, he went to a trip down South with his family and bought a set of 7-8 hot sauces with insane names and Scoville ratings escalating in heat for a pretty high price, want to say close to $200.  He was talking about putting them on pizza, making crazy wings, etc… he ate a wing with a bit of the “mildest” of the bunch…and it was so spicy it made him puke 😅

He then decided to clean them out and make them decorative…which was an equally bad choice.  Smelled and felt like someone maced the entire kitchen

India is interesting.  Porky has always loved Indian street food in particular but has found that what you get at your average Indian restaurant in the U.S. tends to be quite a bit spicier than what you find in India and not in a good way.  Here they tend to aggressively pile on the spice whereas over there, the spice is definitely there, but much more nuanced and not as in your face.  Many of the different spices they use over there are much more difficult to find over here so they load up on what's readily available here, which tends to be the really hot stuff.   Porky knows because Porky's other half is Indian.  Not just of Indian ethnicity, but born and partly raised in Mumbai and didn't become a U.S. citizen until her mid 20's.  Porky's in-laws have a place there, and spend roughly half the year in India, and Porky's sister in-law has always lived in India full time except for the 4 years she spent in the U.S. to go to University.  We go there often, and were actually supposed to go for 2 weeks in Feb of last year, but Covid unfortunately put the Kibosh on that.   Porky was and still is looking forward to those meals, but probably won't be going again until Feb of 2023.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 09:22:09 PM »
Porky is slipping on the third person ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2021, 10:19:07 AM »
India is interesting.  Porky has always loved Indian street food in particular but has found that what you get at your average Indian restaurant in the U.S. tends to be quite a bit spicier than what you find in India and not in a good way.  Here they tend to aggressively pile on the spice whereas over there, the spice is definitely there, but much more nuanced and not as in your face.  Many of the different spices they use over there are much more difficult to find over here so they load up on what's readily available here, which tends to be the really hot stuff.   Porky knows because Porky's other half is Indian.  Not just of Indian ethnicity, but born and partly raised in Mumbai and didn't become a U.S. citizen until her mid 20's.  Porky's in-laws have a place there, and spend roughly half the year in India, and Porky's sister in-law has always lived in India full time except for the 4 years she spent in the U.S. to go to University.  We go there often, and were actually supposed to go for 2 weeks in Feb of last year, but Covid unfortunately put the Kibosh on that.   Porky was and still is looking forward to those meals, but probably won't be going again until Feb of 2023.

You may have first hand knowledge of this, but obviously India is a very large country with different spices and foods coming from different parts of the country.  Sort of like American food is different in different regions... pizza and BBQ come to mind first.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 11:26:16 AM »
Does The Porky eat swine in India?

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 06:01:48 PM »
Does The Porky eat swine in India?

Porky has yes.  Swine is particularly popular in the Indian state of GOA on the southwest coast of the country.  Goa was a Portuguese colony and not officially part of India until 1961, which explains the abundance of swine in Goan dishes.  Today GOA is a very popular holiday destination frequented by the Delhi and Mumbai elite.  In addition to Swine, there is also an abundance of luxury 5 star resorts there.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
You may have first hand knowledge of this, but obviously India is a very large country with different spices and foods coming from different parts of the country.  Sort of like American food is different in different regions... pizza and BBQ come to mind first.

Yea, but he's not too far off.  Every Indian national I know echos it similarly.  Whether from Mumbai, Delhi, my sister's BF's family from up near Kashmir, or over near Bangalore.

London on the other hand is much truer in the nature of spice and authenticity of Indian cuisine.

Porky, where does the fam live in Bombay?  Bandra, Worli, Malabar?  Or up near Kandavali/Boravali?

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2021, 08:25:46 PM »
Yea, but he's not too far off.  Every Indian national I know echos it similarly.  Whether from Mumbai, Delhi, my sister's BF's family from up near Kashmir, or over near Bangalore.

London on the other hand is much truer in the nature of spice and authenticity of Indian cuisine.

Porky, where does the fam live in Bombay?  Bandra, Worli, Malabar?  Or up near Kandavali/Boravali?

Porky couldn't agree more about London.  Probably the best Indian Food in world.  Better than India in most cases, although India still has the edge in veg.  Porky hasn't been in London since early 2018 so no clue what the restaurant situation there is with the pandemic, but if anyone is headed there, Porky highly recommends Dishoom which is a fantastic representation of Indian Parsi cuisine.  It's unfair to refer to it as a chain, but there are 5 or 6  locations throughout London.  Wish they'd open one in NYC. 

As for Porky's family, the in-laws' place is right in between Malabar Hill and Worli off of Pedder Rd.  It may still technically be Malabar not sure but if it is it's the northern part of Malabar just up the hill from Haji Ali circle.  Porky's sister in law is in Colaba.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2021, 08:31:43 PM »
Porky couldn't agree more about London.  Probably the best Indian Food in world.  Better than India in most cases, although India still has the edge in veg.  Porky hasn't been in London since early 2018 so no clue what the restaurant situation there is with the pandemic, but if anyone is headed there, Porky highly recommends Dishoom which is a fantastic representation of Indian Parsi cuisine.  It's unfair to refer to it as a chain, but there are 5 or 6  locations throughout London.  Wish they'd open one in NYC. 

As for Porky's family, the in-laws' place is right in between Malabar Hill and Worli off of Pedder Rd.  It may still technically be Malabar not sure but if it is it's the northern part of Malabar just up the hill from Haji Ali circle.  Porky's sister in law is in Colaba.

What does Porky think about Indian vs Pakistani food?   

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2021, 09:13:44 PM »
What does Porky think about Indian vs Pakistani food?

Porky isn't familiar enough with the latter to opine.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2021, 09:22:52 PM »
Porky isn't familiar enough with the latter to opine.

I would recommend Porky try an assortment of Pakistani dishes when he has some free time.   Unless he cannot deal with prime-time spice and cilantro.  From my experience the Tandoor style dishes are better at Pakastani joints.  It could be the Persian influence.  I also think Porky should try several Indian restaurants in Singapore.  One in particular may be the best Indian food I've had the pleasure to devour.  :)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »
Porky is slipping on the third person ;D

Goooo noticed that as well.