[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: CBS Sports Network  (Read 7480 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: CBS Sports Network
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2023, 07:32:04 AM »
In 2003, when we broke the "Carolina Curse," the win at Charlotte was not on TV anywhere. We listened to it on our alarm clock radios, in our apartment. 

Yeah I remember going to the annex to listen to games on the radio over their sound system.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2023, 07:54:00 AM »
I don't know if it was chasing football glory as much as it was just a generally mediocre program making bad coaching decisions. I think we think of them more than we do because they were fairly decent when Marquette shared a conference with them in the early 2000s. But I had forgotten that they left CUSA to join the A10, a more basketball centric conference, when Marquette left for the BE. And outside of a couple NIT bids, did nothing there.

They then moved back to CUSA when they started up football, and are going to be in the American starting next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2023, 09:23:16 AM »
Back when my parents were kids, flying for vacation was a luxury most people could not partake in.  They remind me of this whenever I complain about a late flight and tell me how lucky I am that I can even fly at all!     ::)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2023, 09:41:34 AM »
In 2003, when we broke the "Carolina Curse," the win at Charlotte was not on TV anywhere. We listened to it on our alarm clock radios, in our apartment.

My memory is a little foggy, but I think I was huddled around a friends computer catching a radio stream of the game.  Yes kids, radio streaming existed back then, hah!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2023, 01:18:53 PM »
I don't know if it was chasing football glory as much as it was just a generally mediocre program making bad coaching decisions. I think we think of them more than we do because they were fairly decent when Marquette shared a conference with them in the early 2000s. But I had forgotten that they left CUSA to join the A10, a more basketball centric conference, when Marquette left for the BE. And outside of a couple NIT bids, did nothing there.

They then moved back to CUSA when they started up football, and are going to be in the American starting next year.

Charlotte (formerly known as UNC-Charlotte) has been a basketball wasteland for years. Can't possibly keep our homegrown 5-stars and high-4-stars, and haven't been very good at getting/developing the diamonds in the rough, either. And then, in the midst of their hoops malaise, they went out and started a D1 football program, too. And now that's a laughingstock as well.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2023, 01:21:14 PM »
Charlotte (formerly known as UNC-Charlotte) has been a basketball wasteland for years. Can't possibly keep our homegrown 5-stars and high-4-stars, and haven't been very good at getting/developing the diamonds in the rough, either. And then, in the midst of their hoops malaise, they went out and started a D1 football program, too. And now that's a laughingstock as well.
Crean would be able to wake that sleeping giant.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2023, 02:40:18 PM »

Bring back Bobby Lutz.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2023, 03:07:43 PM »
Wasn’t there a ridiculous Wade dunk against East Carolina that wasn’t on TV so no highlights out there?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2023, 03:57:53 PM »
Wasn’t there a ridiculous Wade dunk against East Carolina that wasn’t on TV so no highlights out there?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2023, 06:35:29 PM »
It was a ridiculous play. That image is great but I could not believe he dunked from where he took off.

I wish there was some old game video of it. It wasn't televised but I know MU archives the BC in house feed.

feedback