[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: International Travel/Flights  (Read 3054 times)

wadesworld

• All American
International Travel/Flights
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »
Sorry if this has been discussed on the Covid Board already.  I have not been keeping up to date on the Covid Board at all recently.

I'm flying to the Faroe Islands in October and from what I can find will not need to do anything extra in terms of covid testing, but I just wanted to make sure before I leave.  My flight is from O'Hare to Copenhagen and then Copenhagen to the Faroe Islands, and then Faroe Islands to Copenhagen to O'Hare.  Just Googling, it looks like as a fully vaccinated person I will not need proof of vaccination to get into Copenhagen or the Faroe Islands, but will need a negative test result when returning to the US?  Or am I finding the wrong answers?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
Re: International Travel/Flights
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
Yep, good timing since Denmark basically lifted all restrictions.  You should be good to go.  The not needing to show proof of vaccination when entering Denmark is odd.  I'd have it on hand just in case, who knows, but otherwise shouldn't be any issues.  You found the right info

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »
Yep, good timing since Denmark basically lifted all restrictions.  You should be good to go.  The not needing to show proof of vaccination when entering Denmark is odd.  I'd have it on hand just in case, who knows, but otherwise shouldn't be any issues.  You found the right info

Yeah, I meant proof of a negative covid test.  I will be brining my vaccination card with me just in case.

I'm guessing I should then schedule a covid test in the Faroe Island on the last day or so there?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 04:26:15 PM »
Yeah, I meant proof of a negative covid test.  I will be brining my vaccination card with me just in case.

I'm guessing I should then schedule a covid test in the Faroe Island on the last day or so there?

Yep, thats what people I know have done.  Not Faroe specific, but other spots in the EU

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 06:43:28 PM »
I'm in Mexico right now. We need a negative test within 72 hours returning to USA, regardless of vaccination status.

I'd definitely check into that with your airline

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 08:49:52 AM »
I'm in Mexico right now. We need a negative test within 72 hours returning to USA, regardless of vaccination status.

Was talking to some German sales people at the trade show I just visited and they had to get special business travel permission to come and also show a negative test within 72 hours coming to USA.

My wife need the proof of negative test back in June to return to the USA when she went to Europe this summer.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 09:08:36 AM »

This is how it is in Croatia as well. Rapid Antigen test is fine.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 10:55:34 AM »
What a lot of folks are doing is purchasing the proctored 'at home' tests to be taken immediately prior to their return trip to the USA.  It is still CDC policy to present your airline with an approved negative test result before boarding your flight back to the United States.  I believe, but am not certain, that proctored testing must take place within 3 days prior to your flight.  Purchasing the test to take with you seems to be the most efficient route.

I don't mean to advertise but here's a link to a commonly purchased authorized product. https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

There are Youtube videos with vloggers documenting the 24/7 proctored testing process using the product.

Obviously things continue to change quickly.  Absolutely KNOWING your protocols at the time of your travel is essential.  I'd guess your airline is your best initial resource. Good luck!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 12:34:40 PM »
Excellent.  Great information from everyone, I appreciate it all.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 01:22:07 PM »
One other note.  Getting tested in Europe well set you back $100 - $125 per person.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 02:33:34 PM »
One other note.  Getting tested in Europe well set you back $100 - $125 per person.

Good to know.  That makes the proctored home test absolutely the way to go.  Thanks, Conn.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »
Good to know.  That makes the proctored home test absolutely the way to go.  Thanks, Conn.

So how does that home test work? You just zoom a nurse? Or what?
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 03:34:40 PM »
So how does that home test work? You just zoom a nurse? Or what?

Essentially. What they are doing is a video surveillance of you actually taking the antigen test.  So instead of going to your local CVS where the tech watches you do it, they watch the procedure via a camera.  All the proctoring does is add integrity to the process, as required by the CDC for it to be official.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 09:51:11 AM »

Unsure if it's the same everywhere but in Croatia it was $100-150 for a PCR test. $40 for rapid antigen. You only need the latter to return to the US.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »
I ordered two of the tests that Glow recommended to take along to the Faroe Islands and take a couple days before taking off to return to the US.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »
I ordered two of the tests that Glow recommended to take along to the Faroe Islands and take a couple days before taking off to return to the US.

Kindly let us know how it all works out.

feedback