collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Help me win a contest please!  (Read 9345 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Help me win a contest please!
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2021, 08:27:40 AM »
Morning bump, down 6 votes this AM. Anybody who doesn't generally post but may see this, please help!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:07:06 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2021, 11:18:07 AM »
Done.  Good luck!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2021, 11:34:50 AM »
Done.  Good luck!

Thanks! You and my block's group on WhatsApp seem to have pulled me into the lead at least for now.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2021, 11:37:14 AM »
Try any other forums?  Dodds's board, maybe some Big East forums (I think they're out there)?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2021, 11:41:22 AM »
Try any other forums?  Dodds's board, maybe some Big East forums (I think they're out there)?

Holylandofhoops, posted to my hurling team's WhatsApp group, my NUIGalway class WhatsApp group, my family in Mayo & London WhatsApp group, and my block's WhatsApp group. Oh also got about 6 votes from r/Assistance

Dodd's board is solid idea, I'll give that a shot.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2021, 11:44:00 AM »
Get on the NextDoor app.  Your whole neighborhood can help.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2021, 12:35:33 PM »
Get on the NextDoor app.  Your whole neighborhood can help.

Start the thread as “is it gunshots or fireworks” thread and transition to the contest for maximum engagement.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2021, 01:45:01 PM »
Holy crap idk how but this lady just shot up like crazy. This is on the verge of being lost
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2021, 02:07:35 PM »
Eye feel yo pain. Same chit happened last Nov. 3, hey?

Please don't get my desperate plea thread locked by making it political. I really want to win this trip and certainly won't if my second largest vote advertisement gets locked.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2021, 02:54:44 PM »
Ever been to the Faroe Islands?  Going in October and starting to plan where we'll stay.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »
+8.

Best thing about this is I get to see what you minions actually look like.  ;D

a lot of people mistake me for arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime-damn-cover blown
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2021, 09:13:00 PM »
Need more Scoopers to share. Wonder if them shooting up was a result of paying for votes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2021, 06:50:55 AM »
Got my cousin in london to get his cousin, who's an influencer, to share it. It seemingly worked this AM!
Maigh Eo for Sam

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2021, 07:21:52 AM »
Please don't get my desperate plea thread locked by making it political. I really want to win this trip and certainly won't if my second largest vote advertisement gets locked.

Eagle - Did u vote for Trump or Biden?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2021, 08:19:53 AM »
Eagle - Did u vote for Trump or Biden?

as far as this board is concerned the last vote I cast was for President Michael D. Higgins in 2018.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2021, 06:47:10 PM »
Down 3. If anybody is still considering helping it would be hugely appreciated!

735-738
Maigh Eo for Sam

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2021, 07:06:23 AM »
Done

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
Looks like our boy found another source of votes...he's pulled ahead by 37 votes (998-961).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2021, 08:40:30 AM »
Looks like our boy found another source of votes...he's pulled ahead by 37 votes (998-961).

I did! My cousin represented Ireland in pool and has loads of followers. Unfortunately that cousin is now mad at me and decided to pull his help.

Apparently if you dont read a contest's fine print and find out the tickets are for next year's all Ireland when Mayo's in the finals this year then some people get frustrated with you... 😬

But honestly who makes a highly public contest that says "All Ireland Tickets and Free Flight Home!" Two weeks before the  final?! 2022 should've been in big bold letters!
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2021, 08:44:31 AM »
I did! My cousin represented Ireland in pool and has loads of followers. Unfortunately that cousin is now mad at me and decided to pull his help.

Apparently if you dont read a contest's fine print and find out the tickets are for next year's all Ireland when Mayo's in the finals this year then some people get frustrated with you... 😬

But honestly who makes a highly public contest that says "All Ireland Tickets and Free Flight Home!" Two weeks before the  final?! 2022 should've been in big bold letters!

Well, I hope it's enough to keep you in the lead. Even if it's not this year, it's a fantastic prize.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2021, 08:47:17 AM »
It may be more enjoyable next year anyway.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2021, 08:52:09 AM »
It may be more enjoyable next year anyway.

Yeah, I mean the overall experience would be I'm sure.

But to give you some context, Dublin's the seven in a row champion beating Mayo in the finals some 4 or 5 of those and hadn't lost in since 2012) Mayo just beat Dublin in the Semi's so its the general attitude that we actually have a chance to get over the hump to win the championship for the first time since 1951 this year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2021, 08:55:17 AM »
Yeah, I mean the overall experience would be I'm sure.

But to give you some context, Dublin's the seven in a row champion beating Mayo in the finals some 4 or 5 of those and hadn't lost in since 2012) Mayo just beat Dublin in the Semi's so its the general attitude that we actually have a chance to get over the hump to win the championship for the first time since 1951 this year.

I would assume the rules prohibit you selling your prize. So you wouldn’t be able to go this year and then sell the prize to recoup some funds.

Or just threaten the organizers that if you don’t get to go this year, the mods will make sure the organizers never set foot in an Arby’s again.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2021, 09:07:35 AM »
I would assume the rules prohibit you selling your prize. So you wouldn’t be able to go this year and then sell the prize to recoup some funds.

Or just threaten the organizers that if you don’t get to go this year, the mods will make sure the organizers never set foot in an Arby’s again.

It'd be impossible to just go. The reason these tickets are worth their weight in gold is because of their allocation. They allocate a few thousand to the two counties playing, which first go to season ticket holders, then are filtered down to the local GAA clubs, then they allocate to GAA clubs around Ireland based on population. Next they go to sponsors and to the international GAA organization. So for context, the USGAA (includes Canada as well) gets 30 tickets and usually has a raffle for them, which is how I got to go in 2016 when that photo was taken. Point is that tickets really don't just go on sale they are purely based on luck or connections.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2021, 01:07:47 PM »
Well great now I'm getting accused of cheating because I caught them cheating. What a cluster unnatural carnal knowledge. I offered them the airlines ticket and instead they're posting crazy things.
Maigh Eo for Sam