[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 175901 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #600 on: November 19, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »
Kareem also played when there weren't so many dominant bigs to oppose him.

Hmm.

Chamberlain, Reed, Thurmond, Lanier, Ewing, Gilmore, Hayes, Cowens, Unseld, Walton, Parish, Moses, Olajuwon, Cartwright, Webster, Adams, Bellamy, Sikma, Laimbeer, Eaton, Benson, Lucas, Dawkins, Duckworth, among others.

Most in that list were either dominant, great or very good. The few who weren't all that great were still big bodies who tried to lean on and/or punish Kareem.

He went against plenty of outstanding bigs ... even if few (if any) were as "dominant" as he was.

How many "dominant" players of similar size does Giannis go up against?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #601 on: November 22, 2021, 05:16:26 PM »
Lebron elbows Isaiah Stewart of the Pistons aggressively and intentionally in the face, splitting his eye open.  Lebron walks away daps up his teammates after the ejection acting like he did nothing wrong and shocked that he was ejected.

Stewart is understandably pissed.  Tries to run towards the Lakers a few times, fighting through his teammates and officials.  Never gets near Lebron, throws no punches, makes no contact with anyone of note, much less a Laker.

Lebron gets a 1 game suspension.  Stewart gets double that and will sit for 2.  I love the NBA, its my favorite professional league, but what an absolute joke.  I'm honestly shocked that they suspended Lebron at all given he's missing a game at MSG.  I'm fine that they gave Stewart a suspension.  He overreacted completely.  But being punished more aggressively than the man who split his face open is just a joke.

Lakers play the Pistons again on Sunday.  Looking forward to a scheduled Lebron rest day.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 05:33:35 PM by JWags85 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #602 on: November 22, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »
Stewart initially went after Lebron, was pulled away and said he was done, only to go after him again once people let go of him. Does he deserve more than Lebron?  I think so due to the second act.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #603 on: November 22, 2021, 05:44:47 PM »
Stewart initially went after Lebron, was pulled away and said he was done, only to go after him again once people let go of him. Does he deserve more than Lebron?  I think so due to the second act.

Not to mention he’s spewing blood on the dozens of people getting in his way.

It was funny seeing LeBron go from trying to play pretend peace maker to letting anyone and everyone in the building take Stewart on before he could get to LeBron once Stewart realized he as bleeding and really got mad.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #604 on: November 22, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »
I only saw it once. It looked to me like LeBron initially asked Stewart if he was OK, but I certainly could be wrong.

Stewart went wild, and the scene could have been really ugly if there weren't 20 people there to hold him back. I don't have much of a problem with the suspensions. If LeBron had gotten a second game, that would have been fine, too.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #605 on: November 23, 2021, 06:47:18 AM »
Lebron elbows Isaiah Stewart of the Pistons aggressively and intentionally in the face, splitting his eye open.  Lebron walks away daps up his teammates after the ejection acting like he did nothing wrong and shocked that he was ejected.

Stewart is understandably pissed.  Tries to run towards the Lakers a few times, fighting through his teammates and officials.  Never gets near Lebron, throws no punches, makes no contact with anyone of note, much less a Laker.

Lebron gets a 1 game suspension.  Stewart gets double that and will sit for 2.  I love the NBA, its my favorite professional league, but what an absolute joke.  I'm honestly shocked that they suspended Lebron at all given he's missing a game at MSG.  I'm fine that they gave Stewart a suspension.  He overreacted completely.  But being punished more aggressively than the man who split his face open is just a joke.

Lakers play the Pistons again on Sunday.  Looking forward to a scheduled Lebron rest day.

https://twitter.com/SanjiSomething/status/1462584372813574149?t=HqrdcRFbPR1C0_-3osXOpA&s=19

Agree with everything except he didn't elbow Stewart, he closed-fisted punched him in the face for the crime of boxing out on a FT. One game is a joke

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #606 on: November 23, 2021, 08:07:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/SanjiSomething/status/1462584372813574149?t=HqrdcRFbPR1C0_-3osXOpA&s=19

Agree with everything except he didn't elbow Stewart, he closed-fisted punched him in the face for the crime of boxing out on a FT. One game is a joke

A one-game suspension is within the guidelines.  Any more than that would have been excessive.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-how-many-flagrant-fouls-lead-suspension-nba

"The NBA follows a 'penalty points' system to determine suspensions. A Flagrant 1 foul results in one penalty point, while a Flagrant 2 results in two penalty points. If a player accumulates more than five penalty points during the course of the regular season, they get suspended."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #608 on: November 24, 2021, 10:35:48 PM »
How the heck did the future NBA champion Bulls manage to lose to the Rockets?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #609 on: November 24, 2021, 11:35:15 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:39:37 PM by MU82 »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #610 on: November 25, 2021, 06:37:23 AM »

A one-game suspension is within the guidelines.  Any more than that would have been excessive.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-how-many-flagrant-fouls-lead-suspension-nba

"The NBA follows a 'penalty points' system to determine suspensions. A Flagrant 1 foul results in one penalty point, while a Flagrant 2 results in two penalty points. If a player accumulates more than five penalty points during the course of the regular season, they get suspended."

Okay assuming LeBron had 3 penalty points prior to that and 2 penalty points here would have put him at 5, if he had no penalty points prior to this then no suspension at all? As long as you avoid flagrants the rest of the year you get 2 free punches to the face (a.k.a. 4 penalty points)?

So if Stewart had punched LeBron in the face and LeBron subsequently lost his sh!t, you think Beef Stew gets only one game for penalty points and LeBron gets 2 games for his reaction? No chance.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #611 on: November 25, 2021, 06:40:22 AM »
Okay assuming LeBron had 3 penalty points prior to that and 2 penalty points here would have put him at 5, if he had no penalty points prior to this then no suspension at all? As long as you avoid flagrants the rest of the year you get 2 free punches to the face (a.k.a. 4 penalty points)?

So if Stewart had punched LeBron in the face and LeBron subsequently lost his sh!t, you think Beef Stew gets only one game for penalty points and LeBron gets 2 games for his reaction? No chance.

You can deal in hypotheticals all you want.  The penalties as they were handed out were completely understandable. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #612 on: November 25, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »
Here's what LeBron said about the ejection/suspension related to his altercation with Stewart. Comments were made last night after he scored 39 points to lead the Lakers to an OT win over Indiana:

“His elbow got kinda high, got me off balance a little bit. His elbow lifted my arm here, and I basically tried to swing down on his arm. When I swinged down on his arm, he got off balance and the left side of my hand grazed his face. I knew right away I had caught some part of his head, so I went over and apologized to him. Obviously, you guys saw what happened after that. ... I’m definitely not that type of player. I hate to see that and what escalated after that. ... It warranted an ejection because of what happened after that. Having me still in the game, the excitement of the fans, what could possibly happen after that. But a suspension, I didn’t think that was warranted, but the league made that call.”

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #613 on: November 25, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
You can deal in hypotheticals all you want.  The penalties as they were handed out were completely understandable.

So your position is that a player gets 2 free face punches per season (4 points) and the NBA is beholden to the flagrant foul points system when determining suspensions? Their hands are tied otherwise?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #614 on: November 25, 2021, 10:57:42 AM »
Heck of a graze.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #615 on: November 25, 2021, 11:06:14 AM »
So your position is that a player gets 2 free face punches per season (4 points) and the NBA is beholden to the flagrant foul points system when determining suspensions? Their hands are tied otherwise?

My position is that the suspensions were perfectly reasonable. You can change the argument all you want.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #616 on: November 25, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »
My position is that the suspensions were perfectly reasonable. You can change the argument all you want.

I agree with you. Personally, I think Stewart should have also only gotten 1 game.

And I realize you don't want to deal in hypotheticals, but I think everyone knows that if the above happened, Stewart would have gotten at least 2 games suspension, and Lebron might not have even gotten suspended.

But that isn't surprising, professional leagues have always protected their stars, and let them play by different rules.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #617 on: November 30, 2021, 12:20:38 PM »
After Jimmy decided he wanted to be tough and yell across the court at Jokic following the Jokic/Morris incident (minutes after it happened, when he could’ve easily gone after Jokic if he wasn’t just acting tough for the cameras right after it happened), Jimmy sits out against the Nuggets? Lol.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #618 on: November 30, 2021, 12:28:17 PM »
After Jimmy decided he wanted to be tough and yell across the court at Jokic following the Jokic/Morris incident (minutes after it happened, when he could’ve easily gone after Jokic if he wasn’t just acting tough for the cameras right after it happened), Jimmy sits out against the Nuggets? Lol.

Jimmy had a hard fall during the Bulls game and probably should have sat out the 2nd half of that game as well. Tailbone injury.

Morris is still out with his whiplash injury inflicted by Jokic.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #619 on: December 01, 2021, 12:04:33 PM »
Heat and Bulls fined the exact same amount as the Bucks - a 2nd rounder - for tampering. But they also got players out of that so....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #620 on: December 01, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »
Heat and Bulls fined the exact same amount as the Bucks - a 2nd rounder - for tampering. But they also got players out of that so....

And didn't get the fine the Bucks did.

Hilarious.  ESPN was reporting they were facing $10M fines and the loss of multiple first round picks.  The NBA was warning teams after they nixed the Bucks trade that they wouldn't allow this.

Whelp.  They won't if you're a Milwaukee sized market.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2021, 12:57:32 PM »

The Bucks didn't because Bogdanovic never signed the contract with the Kings.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2021, 01:07:47 PM »
I'm not sure what impact he will have, even in spot minutes, but I am stoked about Boogie on the Bucks.  Have always loved him, but I think he's matured a lot in the last few years, he was a much improved locker room presence in Golden State and he replaces some of Tucker's toughness.  He has also developed a decent outside shot so I think he can fit well on this team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2021, 01:14:55 PM »
Earlier this week, I lost bragging rights to my Bulls-fan son. And tonight I'll lose 'em to all y'all Bucks fans.

The Hornets are usually a damn entertaining team because LaMelo is a magician with the ball, Bridges is a modern-day Human Highlight Reel, and they have a lot of guys who can shoot and create. They can hit ten 3s in a row, so they can have some pretty great rallies. But defense is optional, and rebounding is even worse, which is why they're barely a .500 team despite a ton of offensive talent.

Unless Giannis catches Covid Toe, I don't know how he won't get as many points and rebounds as he wants to.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2021, 01:19:38 PM »
The Bucks didn't because Bogdanovic never signed the contract with the Kings.

The NBA said the punishment took into account that the Bucks didn’t end up with Bogdanovic. I think that’s what has Bucks fans scratching their heads today.

feedback