[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 176014 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2021, 06:16:40 AM »
So what’s the difference between the Bogdan sign and trade situation that was “tampering” vs all the other sign and trade deals that happened yesterday right at the start of free agency?

Woj worded the tweet differently. I’m not entirely sure of the difference, especially the Lowry sign and trade.

Although, I’m not sure the Bucks get Tucker/Portis if that goes through, so I’m at peace with it other than the principle of it and lost draft pick.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2021, 07:47:22 AM »
Woj worded the tweet differently. I’m not entirely sure of the difference, especially the Lowry sign and trade.

Although, I’m not sure the Bucks get Tucker/Portis if that goes through, so I’m at peace with it other than the principle of it and lost draft pick.

Agreed. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2021, 09:06:56 AM »

I’d also add that there were some rumors Lasry was bragging about the trade on the governor’s call. Others said it wasn’t out of the norm. It’s possible the owners took it well beyond the wink wink type of tampering to being so brazen the NBA had to do something.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2021, 09:29:25 AM »
Also, there is a difference between players meeting together, which isn't really a violation on the face of it, and club executives engaging with players and reps and bragging about it.  I mean, all it would have taken in one executive complaining because they were all witnesses.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »
Mills would be a nice fit. 

I don't think people realize how dominating Giannis will be the next 7 yrs minimum.  I believe the floodgates are about to open.

We will see.  Having three players on big contracts makes it really hard to make moves.  Miami has done a good job so far, and the Nets are loaded.

The 2010 Packers taught me that you should savor the championships you win and hope for the best.  But nothing is guaranteed.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »
Bucks signed Rodney Hood to a one year deal.  That could be sneaky good cause I think his injury limited him last year.  We know he can score.

So he finally comes to Milwaukee 11 years after he was being recruited by Buzz.  I think MU was a finalist?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2021, 11:26:13 AM »
If Hood's for the min (has to be right??), this is good. Still has upside in a healthy season. It's no longer 2018, but it's not like he's over the hill.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2021, 11:26:49 AM »
Yeah I think if they used the MLE on him that would be a mistake.  We will see.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2021, 11:29:41 AM »
Yeah I think if they used the MLE on him that would be a mistake.  We will see.

Based on the Raptors releasing him, I’m guessing it’s the minimum. I could see Oladipo with the MLE.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2021, 11:41:09 AM »
Based on the Raptors releasing him, I’m guessing it’s the minimum. I could see Oladipo with the MLE.

Yea, everything I'm seeing is vet minimum.  MLE is the key piece left for the Bucks

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2021, 11:50:00 AM »
Yea, everything I'm seeing is vet minimum.  MLE is the key piece left for the Bucks

Hood and Ojeleye are good adds on the vet minimum.  Adds two guys who can give good minutes off the bench, with Hood adding shooting and Ojeleye adding defense (he's a good matchup against 6th man instant offense wings on other team's second units) and keeps the MLE intact.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2021, 12:43:50 PM »
Hood is a very low risk but high reward pick-up for the Bucks.  I believe he has dealt with Injuries in recent years but he is capable of scoring the ball from a variety of spots.  If he's healthy I would say he's a steal to have on the bench.  Is Donte D back?  I assume they're still looking for a back-up PG but I would say their moves, based on their financial flexibility, have been a solid A.  Ojeyle is underrated.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 12:48:31 PM »
Hood is a very low risk but high reward pick-up for the Bucks.  I believe he has dealt with Injuries in recent years but he is capable of scoring the ball from a variety of spots.  If he's healthy I would say he's a steal to have on the bench.  Is Donte D back?  I assume they're still looking for a back-up PG but I would say their moves, based on their financial flexibility, have been a solid A.  Ojeyle is underrated.
How about Markus as the backup PG?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »

I'm hoping they are targeting Oladipo for the MLE and him and Dante can both run the point if needed.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »

I'm hoping they are targeting Oladipo for the MLE and him and Dante can both run the point if needed.
If Oladipo can get back to anywhere near he once was, that would be quite the lineup.
Jrue
Oladipo
Kris
Greek
Brook

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2021, 01:03:46 PM »

Never been a passer/assist man and he can't play on-ball defense. Nothing about Markus says PG.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »

If they somehow pull off VO, and he's relatively healthy, you couldn't ask for a better job from Bucks management.  If he is healthy?  Look out.  That's a dangerous, dangerous, team who will show no mercy FBM.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2021, 02:03:13 PM »
Patty Mills going to New Jersey

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2021, 02:34:30 PM »
Patty Mills going to New Jersey

Smart move by him. I'm surprised its two years, though, and not a one year plus player option.  There is a pretty good chance Kyrie misses substantial time for some combo of injury and other Kyrie reasons, and at that point Mills is the primary pg on a team with Durant and Harden. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
The Nets are the biggest concern for the Bucks.  I fully expect the Lakers to flame out. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2021, 02:45:06 PM »
Smart move by him. I'm surprised its two years, though, and not a one year plus player option.  There is a pretty good chance Kyrie misses substantial time for some combo of injury and other Kyrie reasons, and at that point Mills is the primary pg on a team with Durant and Harden.
Chalk me up as one who thinks Patty Mills is overrated. Sub Par defensive ratting, low assist rate. He's an old 32 as well.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2021, 02:46:31 PM »
The LeBron, Carmelo, Westbrook combination is fascinating.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

Reminds me a bit of the Malone/Payton Lakers team.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2021, 02:53:32 PM »

Monk may be a good pick-up but I think they will fall short.  They're old and I don't think the pieces will come through when it's all said and done.  Defensively, I'm not sold.  I would take the Bucks or Nets and I expect the media to slobber all over LA and Brooklyn while Milwaukee will be right there and probably better than both of them.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »

feedback