'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: '21 Season Tickets  (Read 11106 times)

Mendota

• Walk-On
'21 Season Tickets
« on: July 23, 2021, 11:04:29 AM »
I apologize if there's another thread I missed but any thoughts on the '21 Season Ticket email sent on Monday?  Nothing ground breaking for me except when I went at checked my priority points status.  Before the '20 season I was in the low 800s.  Now I'm in the mid 300s and I only made the small donation to keep my consecutive years streak going. Seems like last year culled a lot of season ticket holders. I wonder what kind of impact that will have on seating locations or attendance.

PBRme

• All American
Re: '21 Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 12:00:45 PM »
I thought the same thing as I moved up about 200 spots as well
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 03:45:43 PM »
I actually dropped from 230 to 280. Does not matter, because I am not renewing my tickets.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 04:18:41 PM »
I actually dropped from 230 to 280. Does not matter, because I am not renewing my tickets.

Is there a reason you aren't renewing?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:35 AM »
Is there a reason you aren't renewing?
I was pretty sure that I was not going to renew last year. However, I decided to buy and donate the cheapest seat to keep my options open. I was fine watching the games on TV last year. I rather be at the games, but it is not worth the cost to actually go to the games.

I will no longer have to drive a 100+ mile round trip. Drive is not bad, if it is not snowing. In recent years the roads have not been bad, but I have experienced an hour trip home turning into two or three hours. I just assume not worry about the roads anymore.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 11:43:51 AM »
Whoa .. so if that holds, going from 800s to 300s .. that would mean they lost 500 of their top 800 accounts.  I think they had circa 3500 accounts before. 

If that math plays for each 800 .. they may be near only 1000 accounts.   

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 12:34:37 PM »
Mine went down from last year a few hundred spots. I didn’t take advantage of any of the deal offers to add points. It says a total of 3,187 accounts, so not sure how that’s changed.

Although, we won’t know who hasn’t renewed until the $100 deposit deadline right?

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 12:57:43 PM »
I went from 437 to 343 and did make the extra bonus donations and donated my cheap seat from last year so I knew that would give me a boost.  How someone can go from the 800's to the 300's with just a small donation is remarkable.  There is almost the same total season ticket holders as in the 2020-2021. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 09:45:39 PM »
The donations made in the last year are given significant weight (more than in the past) this year.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »
Did something just recently come out on season tickets?

I have missed emails from the MU Ticket Office in the past, probably went to spam.  If something just came out, I missed it.

I have been a STH for years, and will be again.  Received a ton of points for donating my season tickets last year.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »
I’m a bit surprised they aren’t allowing you to pick a leader so groups of people can be together. Now you have to coordinate to pick seats next to each other at the latest time. Seems that will impact a decent amount of people.

Was there a lot of background work/cost associated with that?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 09:46:02 PM »
Did something just recently come out on season tickets?

I have missed emails from the MU Ticket Office in the past, probably went to spam.  If something just came out, I missed it.

I have been a STH for years, and will be again.  Received a ton of points for donating my season tickets last year.
An e-mail came last week. You have to make your deposit by August 13th. Log into your account and there should be an invoice for you to pay.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 11:25:33 PM »
I’m a bit surprised they aren’t allowing you to pick a leader so groups of people can be together. Now you have to coordinate to pick seats next to each other at the latest time. Seems that will impact a decent amount of people.

Was there a lot of background work/cost associated with that?

I complained about that.  No group leader means more work for people who want to spend money on tickets. Not a good idea.  I’m in Chicago and rest of group in Milwaukee. Now we have to coordinate a call so we can all be in at once trying to independently ouck seats together.   Bad idea. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2021, 01:21:08 AM »
I complained about that.  No group leader means more work for people who want to spend money on tickets.   

Did MU give a reason for the no-group leader change?

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 07:41:49 AM »
I am glad someone posted this. I went from 783 in 2020 to 452 this year. I did let them keep my required donation from 2020 but was surprised to see the big jump in position this year. I was afraid this was because of a large drop in season ticket holders last year., which may actually be the case.

According to MU there were 3077 accounts going into last season. I did not see the count for this year but maybe after the deadline for the $100 deposit. I am excited to watch games in person again this year and hope most fans come back to support the team.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 09:18:10 AM »
I am glad someone posted this. I went from 783 in 2020 to 452 this year. I did let them keep my required donation from 2020 but was surprised to see the big jump in position this year. I was afraid this was because of a large drop in season ticket holders last year., which may actually be the case.

According to MU there were 3077 accounts going into last season. I did not see the count for this year but maybe after the deadline for the $100 deposit. I am excited to watch games in person again this year and hope most fans come back to support the team.

I saw my ranking out of 3,187 when I logged into the website.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 06:50:18 PM »
Paid my down payment on my 3 separate sets of tickets today. I’m all in on SS. I said I wouldn’t have renewed if Wojo was coming back…..he’s not…..so I’m ready for a new brand of basketball.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 08:10:14 AM by We R Final Four »

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 06:22:21 PM »
With re-seating starting tomorrow, thought I would check out the selection site to get ready for my appointment on Thursday.  Was surprised to see hundreds of seats already taken (or at least not available) - not just selected blocks, but seats all over the lower bowl (for example, 67 seats in section 106 already taken).  There were even a couple of upper level seats taken already.  How does that work that so many seats are already gone before re-seating begins?

Also appears that the Fiserv "facilities fee" is around $75-$100 per ticket in the center sections of the lower bowl.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:27:16 AM by ChuckyChip »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2021, 06:43:56 PM »
With re-seating starting tomorrow, thought I would check out the selection site to get ready for my appointment on Thursday.  Was surprised to see hundreds of seats already taken (or at least not available) - not just selected blocks, but seats all over the lower bowl (for example, 67 seats in section 106 already taken).  There were even a couple of upper level seats take already.  How does that work that so many seats are already gone before re-seating begins?

Also appears that the Fiserv "facilities fee" is around $75-$100 per ticket in the center sections of the lower bowl.

That's people who chose to keep the seats they had versus most others who wanted to pick their own seats under the plan as it's a two year reseating plan.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »
That's people who chose to keep the seats they had versus most others who wanted to pick their own seats under the plan as it's a two year reseating plan.

I don't think this year worked like that.  I believe the option to keep your seats will be for the 22-23 season.

Maybe those seats belong to corporate partners or sponsors of some sort?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 09:17:19 AM »
I don't think this year worked like that.  I believe the option to keep your seats will be for the 22-23 season.

Maybe those seats belong to corporate partners or sponsors of some sort?

2021-22 Marquette Select

These measures are all a part of the larger process we began last season called Marquette Select.  We are excited to continue to rollout the framework of what our new seating process will look like going forward. 
The main takeaways and improvements of Marquette Select are the following:

Opportunity to maintain the same seat location every other year
Select specific seats during the Marquette Select process
Still be able to upgrade, change or add seats every year

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 10:12:35 AM »
2021-22 Marquette Select

These measures are all a part of the larger process we began last season called Marquette Select.  We are excited to continue to rollout the framework of what our new seating process will look like going forward.
The main takeaways and improvements of Marquette Select are the following:

Opportunity to maintain the same seat location every other year
Select specific seats during the Marquette Select process
Still be able to upgrade, change or add seats every year

Yes, but the every other year means you can keep the seats in 22-23 that you picked this year (21-22).

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 10:26:32 AM »
Yes, but the every other year means you can keep the seats in 22-23 that you picked this year (21-22).

Did you roll over your donation and full tickets last season?

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2021, 10:34:46 AM »
Did you roll over your donation and full tickets last season?

I donated my entire donation and seat cost to put towards the Blue and Gold fund.   

Are you thinking the people that rolled it over are the ones that have the seats?   I hadn't thought of that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2021, 10:49:08 AM »
I donated my entire donation and seat cost to put towards the Blue and Gold fund.   

Are you thinking the people that rolled it over are the ones that have the seats?   I hadn't thought of that.

IIRC, that was part of the Marquette Select rollout last season to incent. Others had the choice of making a $100 donation to keep their point totals.

I did as you last season. I thought we had that option (keep our seats) when we signed up recently or pick a chance to upgrade. As you saw, there is a lot of fixed inventory so I believed that is the reason.

I could be wrong as this is very confusing.

feedback