Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Process vs Outcome  (Read 10788 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Process vs Outcome
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2021, 04:48:55 PM »
You would think freshmen would get better as the season progresses. However, we have seen more than one freshmen hit the wall halfway through the Big East season.

Two things are pretty consistent with freshmen. They tend not to be strong enough and they tend to get called for a lot of fouls.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »
You would think freshmen would get better as the season progresses. However, we have seen more than one freshmen hit the wall halfway through the Big East season.

Two things are pretty consistent with freshmen. They tend not to be strong enough and they tend to get called for a lot of fouls.
Didn't some smart coach basically say  best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2021, 08:29:51 PM »
Which brings it full circle.   This season will be more about the process than the outcome.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2021, 08:49:42 PM »
Which brings it full circle.   This season will be more about the process than the outcome.
Our Coach is still actively recruiting players in the portal. So my view is , pending the results of these efforts ,this season is still about the outcome .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2021, 06:05:55 AM »
We’ll see.  Texas fans are saying the same thing about their new coach compared to their old coach, hey?
Not following Texas fans emotions, but that does sound right.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2021, 06:56:08 AM »
If we get anyeam that is more than the sum of its parts, and Shaka has a good recruiting season thats all we need in year 1. Any actual accomplishments are icing on the cake.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2022, 09:06:32 PM »
Good time to bump this one - some wonderful know-it-alls “telling us how it’s going to be this season”

My favorite take:   https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=61966.msg1347359#msg1347359
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:18:11 PM by PointWarrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2022, 06:17:04 AM »
Enjoying the hell out of the process.   Still enjoying the wins and not sweating the losses.   The growth is impressive.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 06:19:53 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2022, 12:31:06 AM »
Another good time to bump this thread.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2022, 01:24:07 AM »
It's the advantage of the COLE, you're either right or pleasantly surprised.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2022, 09:55:51 AM »
well-stated 1SE.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2022, 10:08:50 AM »

I clearly remember you saying we'd sweep Nova and would be looking at a top-20 ranking. Well done!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

1SE

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2022, 11:02:48 AM »
I clearly remember you saying we'd sweep Nova and would be looking at a top-20 ranking. Well done!

This team continues to outperform my (adjusted) expectations. But I have been raising them accordingly throughout the season. At the start of the season I thought we'd just sneak into the NCAAT. I still thought that after the 1st Creighton loss. After we won @Nova I thought we'd certainly be in and was thinking we'd be in the 7-10 seed range with hope for a 6. I am now thinking we can get a protected seed and the 2nd weekend. We win out and I'm thinking FF.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2022, 11:15:06 AM »
I can’t see Shaka finishing less than .500 in Conf.

'sup

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2022, 11:15:35 AM »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2022, 11:47:47 AM »
This team continues to outperform my (adjusted) expectations. But I have been raising them accordingly throughout the season. At the start of the season I thought we'd just sneak into the NCAAT. I still thought that after the 1st Creighton loss. After we won @Nova I thought we'd certainly be in and was thinking we'd be in the 7-10 seed range with hope for a 6. I am now thinking we can get a protected seed and the 2nd weekend. We win out and I'm thinking FF.

I really get a kick out of this line of posting from you.

On the one hand, you have had many, many comments in which you expressed very low expectations, including predicting 1-5 for this stretch of games in which we've gone 4-1 so far. You have said that was a matter of your expectations being "realistic at the time" but then being adjusted after the fact.

On the other hand, anybody else who was being realistic about their expectations before and/or earlier in the season gets labeled by you as being part of the cult of low expectations ... even if they have adjusted their expectations as the season has progressed.

Right now, I think we have a legit shot at the Final Four. You say you'll think so only if we win out. But I know ... I know ... you're not in the COLE, you're just realistically reacting to your constantly adjusting expectations, or something like that.

I hope you have a friend or family member who can help you extract yourself from the logic pretzel you've twisted yourself into. I wish you luck.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback