[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC sees myocarditis in boys/men ages 16-24 with mRNA vaccines.  (Read 13749 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: CDC sees myocarditis in boys/men ages 16-24 with mRNA vaccines.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 05:55:07 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-heart-inflammation-cases-ages-140826238.html

The agency said it is still assessing the risk from the condition and has not yet concluded that there was a causal relationship between the vaccines and cases of myocarditis or pericarditis.

Basically, while it is possible that the vaccines cause this, there is no proof that they do.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the inflammation is more likely caused by something environmental.  We put a lot of crap in our bodies that we seem to be on board with despite known data suggesting it's safety.

I never reheat any food in plastic for this reason.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 08:20:55 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 11:21:14 AM »
You know what else gives people myocarditis?  A Covid infection.

https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2021/02/05/19/37/covid-19-as-a-possible-cause-of-myocarditis-and-pericarditis

Get the vaccine.

And myriad other things.  I'm pretty sure there was evidence of myocarditis after the flu vaccine as well...but the flu also can cause myocarditis.  Just more noise.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 11:32:18 AM »
I swear this is like a Rorschach test of confirmation bias/websites going click hunting.

Data: Includes Event
Webmaster/Editor/Publisher/Blogger: <bets people would love to click on a story regarding Event>
Person Predisposed to Reach Conclusion X: <sees Event>, <reaches preferred conclusion>

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 11:52:12 AM »
I swear this is like a Rorschach test of confirmation bias/websites going click hunting.

Data: Includes Event
Webmaster/Editor/Publisher/Blogger: <bets people would love to click on a story regarding Event>
Person Predisposed to Reach Conclusion X: <sees Event>, <reaches preferred conclusion>

Ah, so you've figured out the internet now, have you.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 10:23:28 PM »
And myriad other things.  I'm pretty sure there was evidence of myocarditis after the flu vaccine as well...but the flu also can cause myocarditis.  Just more noise.

Well there would be this same uproar if many businesses required the flu vaccine, but that hasn’t happened yet.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 01:14:31 AM »
Well there would be this same uproar if many businesses required the flu vaccine, but that hasn’t happened yet.

But the flu vaccine is proven for years and years.  So is it that the vaccine is “unsafe” or “unproven” or you’re just anti-vaxx?

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 01:32:19 AM »
But the flu vaccine is proven for years and years.  So is it that the vaccine is “unsafe” or “unproven” or you’re just anti-vaxx?

It’s unproven but it’s also not enough of a deal in the risk/reward analysis as a 31 year old, not even close to overweight or obese guy to feel like I ‘need’ to get.  I’m more careful than most of the unvaccinated I’d say.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 07:50:55 AM »

The flu vaccine is required by many companies (healthcare). No uproar.

Many vaccines are required by the military. They just tell them to line up, and most don't even know what they are getting vaccinated for. No uproar.

Suddenly, a safe vaccine for a deadly illness that has killed 750k Americans...uproar.

Difference. Politics.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »
The flu vaccine is required by many companies (healthcare). No uproar.

Many vaccines are required by the military. They just tell them to line up, and most don't even know what they are getting vaccinated for. No uproar.

Suddenly, a safe vaccine for a deadly illness that has killed 750k Americans...uproar.

Difference. Politics.

Many more years of studying the effects of flu vaccine...a pretty significant difference in research time wouldn’t you say?  Or are you a time denier?  Is it a social construct?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 08:42:00 AM »
Many more years of studying the effects of flu vaccine...a pretty significant difference in research time wouldn’t you say?  Or are you a time denier?  Is it a social construct?

Just asking questions, doing my own research
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 08:42:07 AM »

Why do you need more time?  The Covid vaccine has been around long enough for you to know that it is both safe and effective.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 08:42:35 AM »

Can you define the difference of “many years of studying” the effects of the flu vaccine versus a mRNA vaccine?

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 08:56:08 AM »
Going back to the myocarditis thing.  As likely mentioned elsewhere, you are way more likely to get myocarditis from a covid infection than as a side effect from the vaccination.  For those thinking about this issue with kids, the incidence as a side effect of vaccination is 67 cases per one million doses or a 0.000067 chance.  Kids are 5 times more likely to get myocarditis as a complication of an actual covid infection.

Covid is known to cause clotting issues as a complication and the vaccine stimulating an immune response can do this.   The flu vaccine will likely become a mRNA vaccine due to how effective the covid vaccine efficacy is and flu doesn't typically cause clotting issues.  Future flu vaccines will be drastically better due to development of covid vaccine
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 09:00:06 AM »
And aren’t mRNA vaccines easier to manufacture? Or did I hear that wrong.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 09:49:57 AM »
And aren’t mRNA vaccines easier to manufacture? Or did I hear that wrong.

Yes, manufacturing is safer and quicker than traditional vaccines. The challenge is that there are still bottlenecks in the manufacturing process as we build towards continuous manufacturing at scale. Last time I read about this stuff was in Spring of this year, so I'm sure we've made some progress especially with the HIV and Cancer mRNA vaccines in the pipeline.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »

The SARS-related vaccines have been in development since 2003.

Vaccine-induced side effects occur in short duration after vaccination. The components of an mRNA vaccine are not in your system very long. So side effects related to these vaccines are already known through both clinical trials and now widespread usage.

The side effects are minimal and comparable to your typical flu vaccines (in many regards lower as they do not contain eggs which limit their use in many people).

So your retort of "research time" is largely moot and meaningless, and reeks of someone simply trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 11:53:40 AM »

Why do you need more time?  The Covid vaccine has been around long enough for you to know that it is both safe and effective.

Effective for 3-6 months, but not safe enough for certain age groups to be a clear yes.  Teen girls and young women have a heckuva decision on their hands given for those who aren’t immunocompromised the chance of death or even serious hospitalization is well under 1%.

Also why do you think PHDs are among the most hesitant groups to get vaxxed?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 11:55:45 AM by statnik »

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 11:58:52 AM »
Effective for 3-6 months, but not safe enough for certain age groups to be a clear yes.  Teen girls and young women have a heckuva decision on their hands given for those who aren’t immunocompromised the chance of death or even serious hospitalization is well under 1%.

I’m sorry but why do teen girls have a difficult decision?  And don’t say fertility issues because that is false. 
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »
I’m sorry but why do teen girls have a difficult decision?  And don’t say fertility issues because that is false.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.11.21264863v1.full

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 12:22:35 PM »
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.11.21264863v1.full

According to that (non-peer reviewed) study, it seems teens don't have much to worry about:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20211015/Study-finds-menstrual-bleeding-changes-after-SARS-CoV-2-vaccination.aspx
The findings revealed that women with regular menstrual cycles were equally likely to have no bleeding changes after vaccination or heavier periods post-vaccination.

Meanwhile, among women with menstrual cycles, those who had heavier bleeding post-vaccination were more likely to be older, experienced fever or fatigue, have been pregnant or have given birth, and be Hispanic/Latinx. In addition, women with endometriosis, menorrhagia and/or fibroids had a slightly higher propensity to experience heavier bleeding.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2021, 12:26:43 PM »
According to that (non-peer reviewed) study, it seems teens don't have much to worry about:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20211015/Study-finds-menstrual-bleeding-changes-after-SARS-CoV-2-vaccination.aspx

And they have to worry about severe illness or death from the actual virus?  Very few do so like I said the decision is not clear cut as you want to think.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »

Again, you keep saying 3-6 months.  That is inaccurate.

And your information about PhDs is old and was misleading.

You are a typical example of what's wrong with people who think they are smarter than they really are.