[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated  (Read 32977 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 02:48:05 PM »
The Lens

I used the term folks, as in more than one folk, and was making a general statement on the topic. That said, I will take your word for being a GOP lifer.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2021, 02:49:18 PM »
25 minutes at my local Meijer.   Total of 7 people without masks.   Place was packed, too.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 02:50:29 PM »
This by the way is great news on the science side of this decision.  It’s a Twitter exchange but Dr Topol reads a ton of research.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1393200730912157702?s=21

And here is the more in depth version

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1392915959770271744?s=21
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 02:52:28 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
4ever has it nailed, we’ve come a long way in a year.  This is the one year anniversary of “if we didn’t do testing we would have very few cases”.

Yep.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-coronavirus-testing-overratedclaims-fewer-cases-if-no-testing-2020-05-14

I wonder why people don't praise Trump for the role he played?  It's just the liberal media!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2021, 03:01:02 PM »
Yep.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-coronavirus-testing-overratedclaims-fewer-cases-if-no-testing-2020-05-14

I wonder why people don't praise Trump for the role he played?  It's just the liberal media!!!

It’s crazy how much happened in those first two months. It all seems much more spread out when I think back on it.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »
The Lens

I used the term folks, as in more than one folk, and was making a general statement on the topic. That said, I will take your word for being a GOP lifer.

No worries, I was more just amused at where I have landed in this political world nowadays...never thought I'd be where I am.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2021, 04:26:45 PM »
No worries, I was more just amused at where I have landed in this political world nowadays...never thought I'd be where I am.

I have a few friends who have worked for the GOP for decades who feel homeless. They want nothing to do with the Trump GOP but also worry about the far left trying to take over the Democratic Party.  Our political dialogue has moved to the fringes with no room for compromise, let alone cooperation with the other party. Even in the COVID and mask debates, politics and partisanship are more important to many on both sides than science.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2021, 04:43:59 PM »
LOL, too difficult to acknowledge President Trump's role in getting the vaccine developed, into production, and ready for American arms by December 2020. Shame on you, aina?
Again, it was one of the very few times his priorities (getting re-elected) aligned with doing what is right for the American people. So good on him for doing what was in his best interest I guess?

And as we saw, when he didn't get re-elected, he didn't give a sh!t about the vaccine, getting his produced, distributed, or into arms.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2021, 04:56:11 PM »
LOL, too difficult to acknowledge President Trump's role in getting the vaccine developed, into production, and ready for American arms by December 2020. Shame on you, aina?

I gladly acknowledge those responsible.

1. President Bush
2. President Obama
3 Joe Biden - logistics and moral support
599 trump - when you openly and actively takes steps that killed 100,000s of people, credit should not be due.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2021, 04:58:17 PM »
Nursing home around the corner.   One unvaccinated staffer.   Gave it to 9 other vaccinated people, staff and patients.   Unvaccinated staffer is symptomatic and in the hospital.   Other 9 are all positive but asymptomatic.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2021, 05:10:32 PM »
 ?-(
Nursing home around the corner.   One unvaccinated staffer.   Gave it to 9 other vaccinated people, staff and patients.   Unvaccinated staffer is symptomatic and in the hospital.   Other 9 are all positive but asymptomatic.

Interesting. The real question is can the asymptomatic spread the virus?  The answer hasn’t been no...but rarely. That is why vaccinated close contacts aren’t usually subject to testing unless symptomatic.

EDIT: Because tests would show if they have even a small amount. But perhaps not enough to get sick or spread.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 05:12:08 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2021, 06:11:32 PM »

That seems like an awful high number (depending on the size of the facility). Were all of those infected a full 2 weeks past their 2nd shot?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2021, 06:13:45 PM »
So I am told.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2021, 06:15:20 PM »
I have a few friends who have worked for the GOP for decades who feel homeless. They want nothing to do with the Trump GOP but also worry about the far left trying to take over the Democratic Party.  Our political dialogue has moved to the fringes with no room for compromise, let alone cooperation with the other party. Even in the COVID and mask debates, politics and partisanship are more important to many on both sides than science.

In hindsight, is FDR considered "far left"?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2021, 06:34:33 PM »
In hindsight, is FDR considered "far left"?

Economically, for sure.  He was fairly intrigued by and supportive of fascist economics (though obviously not the dictators)  But he certainly lacked a lot of the progressive traits socially, he was pretty abysmal on racial issues.  He also had a bit of a pro war reputation.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2021, 08:20:28 PM »

It’s really kinda funny. At least ironic funny. Dems have tried for decades and decades to defeat conservatism without success.

trump did it successfully in 4 years.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2021, 09:59:34 PM »
What's the science behind CDC's decision to say fully vaccinated people don't need masks?

A fresh batch of data from a big study of health care workers across the country helped prompt the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to say fully vaccinated people can go without masks in most circumstances, the agency said Friday.

The study found that real-life use of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines provided 94% protection for the front-line workers immunized at the beginning of the vaccine rollout. A single dose provided 82% protection, the CDC-led team reported in the agency's weekly report, the MMWR.
It was the findings from the new study, on top of earlier studies, that pushed CDC to decide to loosen its advice on who needs to wear a mask and when, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said.
"This report provided the most compelling information to date that COVID-19 vaccines were performing as expected in the real world," Walensky said in a statement Friday.

Yah science!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »
Economically, for sure.  He was fairly intrigued by and supportive of fascist economics (though obviously not the dictators)  But he certainly lacked a lot of the progressive traits socially, he was pretty abysmal on racial issues.  He also had a bit of a pro war reputation.

We would have entered WWII far sooner if it had been up to FDR. Instead, ITV was the GOP that was anti war (Ford and Prescott Bush had business interests in Germany they had to protect).

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2021, 07:43:19 AM »
We went out with another couple to our favorite little pub for burgers and beers for the first time in 15 months.  Probably ate and drank a little too much.

It was awesome.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2021, 03:27:43 PM »
1.3 mile walk to return an Amazon package. I counted 54 people I passed on the street  47 wearing masks. Most younger than me. It sunny, a little breezy, and 73 right now. It’s going to be interesting to see how hostile people get over masks. I guess there’s a limit to “Science is real.”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2021, 03:32:25 PM »
1.3 mile walk to return an Amazon package. I counted 54 people I passed on the street  47 wearing masks. Most younger than me. It sunny, a little breezy, and 73 right now. It’s going to be interesting to see how hostile people get over masks. I guess there’s a limit to “Science is real.”

Were any of them hostile?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2021, 03:39:14 PM »

This is my concern, and quite frankly, I think what the CDC did was premature from a social science perspective. No idea about the epidemiological science. ​But now unmasked individuals are either those that are vaccinated and following this guidance, or those with no real respect for others who aren't, but can use this as cover. Businesses already loosening and using the honor system, which I'm sure won't get abused  ::)

​In general, I'm not a fan of letting people who don't do the right thing reap the benefits of society reopening, but this gives air cover to exactly those people. I see no way that this increases vaccinations unless it's motivation to the vaccine hesitant - antivaxxers are obviously a lost cause in more ways than one.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 03:57:35 PM »
Hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2021, 04:08:49 PM »

Yup. We learned that all through 2020 when people ignored the science.