[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette Futbol Update  (Read 6614 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Marquette Futbol Update
« on: May 03, 2021, 10:45:37 AM »
The Men's soccer team is in the sweet 16 this Thursday at 5pm against 3 seeded Indiana.

Last time they made the sweet 16 was in 2013 when they won the conference.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Marquette Futbol Update
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 10:49:56 AM »
It would be awesome for the program to knock off the Hoosiers and make the Elite 8. It will probably take extra time if this season's trend holds
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 01:40:36 PM »
Is the soccer bracket/tournament 64 teams also?
Bring back FFP!!!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 02:23:31 PM »
So nice that both of Coach Crean's former employers will get to play in the complex built with his generous donation  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 02:28:28 PM »
Superbar

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 02:30:08 PM »
Superbar

Where were you to say this about the Football update and every other stupid thread on here. A Marquette sports team is having major success and deserves its notoriety. Posting these successes on Hanging at the AL has happened at least since 2011.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 02:30:49 PM »
Is the soccer bracket/tournament 64 teams also?

32+

There were a couple of play-in games.  UWM played (and lost) in one of them.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 02:54:42 PM »
Where were you to say this about the Football update and every other stupid thread on here. A Marquette sports team is having major success and deserves its notoriety. Posting these successes on Hanging at the AL has happened at least since 2011.

Hey hey hey, dont get your shin guards tangled up here. Hangin at the Al is specific to MU basketball. There has been plenty of Futbol talk in the Superbar well before 2011. Mods please move the thread. :)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 02:59:13 PM »
Hey hey hey, dont get your shin guards tangled up here. Hangin at the Al is specific to MU basketball. There has been plenty of Futbol talk in the Superbar well before 2011. Mods please move the thread. :)

I just don't see you over on the Marquette Football update thread bemoaning it so I'd assume it's more to do with hating soccer which is sad when you'd rather keep a post about a former Marquette football player being a drug dealer, or two former players' teams being eliminated, than see a thing about soccer on the precious AL forum.

Basically don't act like your quest to keep the AL "pure" when you've only reported the soccer post which is at least a positive event in the MU community.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 03:36:46 PM »
I posted this yesterday in the Futbol thread in the Superbar.

Very few people at MUScoop have interest in MU sports outside of Men’s Hoops. There is a little bit of interest in MU Women’s Hoops. That’s about it.

Much of the futbol/soccer discussion in the Superbar is about the top teams in the 5 or so top European Leagues. This misses out on so many other good, fun levels of soccer, Men and Women, including NCAA Soccer, and MU Men and Women Soccer.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 03:57:51 PM »
I just don't see you over on the Marquette Football update thread bemoaning it so I'd assume it's more to do with hating soccer which is sad when you'd rather keep a post about a former Marquette football player being a drug dealer, or two former players' teams being eliminated, than see a thing about soccer on the precious AL forum.

Basically don't act like your quest to keep the AL "pure" when you've only reported the soccer post which is at least a positive event in the MU community.

Well, now that you've derailed your own thread.... I didnt single this Futboll thread out specifically. I think its fantastic that our mens team is having success in the tournament. Hell, I might even call my mom tonight to tell her! I have zero knowledge of any drug selling by a former football player and by no means do i think the Al "pure". Also not sure why you used quotes on that because i didnt use that word. I do think soccer is boring, but so is baseball and i love it. You're bringing a negative light to this beautiful mens soccer team.

Kick balls, pass, shoot, score.

Mods please move thread :)

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 04:05:35 PM »
Well, now that you've derailed your own thread.... I didnt single this Futboll thread out specifically. I think its fantastic that our mens team is having success in the tournament. Hell, I might even call my mom tonight to tell her! I have zero knowledge of any drug selling by a former football player and by no means do i think the Al "pure". Also not sure why you used quotes on that because i didnt use that word. I do think soccer is boring, but so is baseball and i love it. You're bringing a negative light to this beautiful mens soccer team.

Kick balls, pass, shoot, score.

The thread is fine. If you don't like the thread, simply ignore the thread. It's clearly labeled.

You'd think more Marquette alums and fans would be more supportive of all MU sports teams.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 04:31:00 PM »
The thread is fine. If you don't like the thread, simply ignore the thread. It's clearly labeled.

You'd think more Marquette alums and fans would be more supportive of all MU sports teams.

The thread technically belongs in the Superbar, as we have multiple soccer/football/futbol threads in there already.

And I haven't said anything bad about soccer or our team. You'd think more Marquette alums and fans would have stronger reading comprehension skills.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 04:49:55 PM »
That’s awesome. Was actually an entertaining game to watch. Won in penalties.

MU should have lost really. LMU out shot them like crazy. But a win is a win.

You can watch the next game streamed on ncaa website.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 05:42:35 PM »
The thread technically belongs in the Superbar, as we have multiple soccer/football/futbol threads in there already.

And I haven't said anything bad about soccer or our team. You'd think more Marquette alums and fans would have stronger reading comprehension skills.

Nah, you can ignore the thread instead of posting four times wanting for it to be moved, which is quite strange considering all of the other threads and posts here.

Sweet 16’s don’t come around very often at Marquette.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 06:22:44 PM »
Yea Indiana as a soccer program is no joke. Ryan Wittenbrink who was like a 50 goal scorer for one of the best soccer programs in Illinois only started getting significant minutes as a junior at Indiana.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 08:17:40 PM »

Wait 'til I tell you that MUWBB alum Nicki Collen (nee Taggert) was jus name head coach of the Baylor Women's program. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »
Wait 'til I tell you that MUWBB alum Nicki Collen (nee Taggert) was jus name head coach of the Baylor Women's program.
Mods...you know what to do 😊

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »
Wow, awesome!   I'm not a soccer fan, but I love it when any of the MU teams have success.  Thanks for posting!  Please update how they do.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:21:18 AM by UWW2MU »

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2021, 10:17:46 AM »
Indiana needed to go to kicks against the St. Francis team that barely squeaked by UWM.  We'll be underdogs for sure, but given the ability to grind close games out late, we've got a shot.  Also 3 Beast teams in the S16 is very impressive.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 10:23:13 AM »
Mods...you know what to do 😊

Exactly--They should sticky it to the top. This is a great development for Marquette sports.

Game is at 5pm Central (6pm Eastern). It looks like they previously have been on ESPN streaming?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »
That’s awesome. Was actually an entertaining game to watch. Won in penalties.

MU should have lost really. LMU out shot them like crazy. But a win is a win.

You can watch the next game streamed on ncaa website.

soccer is weird like that. I was at a game where a team was outshot 19-1 and won 1-0. All it takes is one good one.

Plus, unlike hockey, a shot doesn't have to be on frame or even get to the keeper to be credited.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

mug644

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 05:54:11 PM »
Exactly--They should sticky it to the top. This is a great development for Marquette sports.

Game is at 5pm Central (6pm Eastern). It looks like they previously have been on ESPN streaming?

I don’t see it on ESPN. Does anyone have a link for streaming it?

Correction: Maybe I’ll wait until tomorrow to try to watch it, since that’s when they play. Doh!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:56:20 PM by mug644 »

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 06:13:57 PM »
Agree we should keep this in the Al. Love to see our other teams doing well.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 06:30:16 PM »
I don’t see it on ESPN. Does anyone have a link for streaming it?

Correction: Maybe I’ll wait until tomorrow to try to watch it, since that’s when they play. Doh!
I thought I had seen a link but can't find it now.  I'm sure it will be on gomarquette.com tomorrow.  Looking forward to watching the match.