[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 76442 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2021, 08:18:29 PM »
It doesn't hit home until you know someone who has died.....

Do we really all need to go there????

Trust me.....It sucks.....
I was mocking Genghis/Wolfgang

tower912

• All American
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2021, 08:23:20 PM »
Yes it does.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2021, 08:43:28 PM »
let’s do obese people too!

Is there a genetic component to being an anti-vaxxer?
I guess intelligence is hereditary.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2021, 07:54:03 AM »
let’s do obese people too!

Obese people don't spread a disease.  You are so dim.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2021, 08:17:28 AM »
So by this rationale, anyone who had stage 2 cancer and died while having COVID shouldn't be counted as a COVID death, and oh nice...neither should anyone who is elderly since COVID has no link given their condition.  Interesting how when someone dies with COVID it counts as a COVID death even if they had several comorbidities, but when someone dies shortly after taking the vaccine, suddenly we need to move mountains to try to show that the vaccine was the primary cause.  Why isn't the same approach applied to both?  Also, the 2,000 number is something we'll probably disagree on trusting.  You may call Crowd unlucky.  It's possible it's all vastly underreported.  You can look up what's been reported on VAERS in terms of adverse reactions.  Last time I downloaded the data a few weeks ago it was 1,400 pages of reported issues (not all deaths to be clear).  We're not that far into people getting the vaccine and maybe it's just me but that's a lot of stuff reported, and is obviously not even including what hasn't been reported which who knows how much that is.

There was just so much scientifically inaccurate, and in many cases just plain false information in that rambling post. I really don't have time to address all of it.

But will address this initial diatribe. When someone dies in a trial, they are required, and do go through rigorous means to prove that they did NOT die from the agent in the trial. It is the opposite as you claim here.

Your comparison to how COVID deaths are reported is frankly absurd. Analysis in these trials are based on looking at the baseline incidence of effects in the population, and in the placebo group, compared to the experimental group. Based on ages their are a certain number that are likely to die, or suffer from ailments. The statistics provide the actual increased risk.

The same can and is applied to COVID deaths. Right now, there are at least 550,000 excess deaths beyond the statistical baseline that are then likely to be COVID specific...not co-morbidities, as 550,000 more people died than would normally die. That excess death calculation is quite similar to the one used for side effects/deaths during vaccine rollouts. So things are being looked at in the same way.

burger

• All American
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2021, 02:21:42 PM »
MRNA vaccines are created by supercomputer modeling that examines the virus geography and "creates" an inverse "puzzle piece" that can attach to the virus and has the bodies antibodies attack the "now recognizable" foreign intruder.....AKA....The spike protein geography of the virus......

J&J uses dead/de-activated virus attached to I believe dead flu virus to create a immune response similar to the technology used in flu vaccines.....

Both work.....MRNA is totally new.....and in a few years could be the cure for several cancers.....(aka attack the geography of lets say a cancerous tumor cell of the prostrate or the like) A real break through if there are no long term side effects.....We will know in a decade.....

I for one.....with several co-morbidities and xx percentage of having a bad outcome believe a 1 in 100,000 chance vs 1 in 100 chance increases my survivability by 1,000 fold......Others may not get "odds" that great of a benefit but most will increase their odds by at least 100 fold......
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 02:25:12 PM by burger »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
MRNA vaccines are created by supercomputer modeling that examines the virus geography and "creates" an inverse "puzzle piece" that can attach to the virus and has the bodies antibodies attack the "now recognizable" foreign intruder.....AKA....The spike protein geography of the virus......

J&J uses dead/de-activated virus attached to I believe dead flu virus to create a immune response similar to the technology used in flu vaccines.....

Both work.....MRNA is totally new.....and in a few years could be the cure for several cancers.....(aka attack the geography of lets say a cancerous tumor cell of the prostrate or the like) A real break through if there are no long term side effects.....We will know in a decade.....

I for one.....with several co-morbidities and xx percentage of having a bad outcome believe a 1 in 100,000 chance vs 1 in 100 chance increases my survivability by 1,000 fold......Others may not get "odds" that great of a benefit but most will increase their odds by at least 100 fold......

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #282 on: May 14, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »
Wish we could still argue about this.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #283 on: May 14, 2021, 08:52:03 PM »
MU will obviously ( thank god ) be
Back to 100% capacity this Fall / Winter ... !

Brewers going to 100%
Bucks going to 75% ( I hear )
Lots of fall concerts set

City lifting almost all rules / mandates

Go Warriors

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2021, 06:55:48 PM »
Dicey again?

panda

• All American
« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2021, 08:03:20 PM »
Dicey again?

Fear is the new currency of the self righteous

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2021, 10:35:55 PM »
Dicey again?

Don't think so. Maybe for the unvaccinated.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2021, 11:14:58 PM »
Don't think so. Maybe for the unvaccinated.

Vaccinated are getting Delta. Stupid people refusing to get vaccinated will continue to lead to more and more variants, prolonging the pandemic.

Fiserv should require vaccination proof for entry. If people won't get vaccinated, they shouldn't re-enter society.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2021, 11:19:46 PM »
Vaccinated are getting Delta. Stupid people refusing to get vaccinated will continue to lead to more and more variants, prolonging the pandemic.

Fiserv should require vaccination proof for entry. If people won't get vaccinated, they shouldn't re-enter society.

I agree. I just don't think the vaccinated are at the risk of not being able to attend games. My guess is FF will be at full capacity for everyone.

If cases continue to increase maybe proof of vaccination is required, but I doubt it.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #289 on: August 03, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »
I agree. I just don't think the vaccinated are at the risk of not being able to attend games. My guess is FF will be at full capacity for everyone.

If cases continue to increase maybe proof of vaccination is required, but I doubt it.
Unfortunately if a variant results from the Delta it will most likely overcome the vaccine. Should require proof of vaccine or negative test result 24 hr max.
Goal is National Championship

Milkshakes

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #291 on: August 03, 2021, 01:51:22 PM »

Not in any significant quantity.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »
Not in any significant quantity.
Hospitalizations no, but contracting virus  10-15% with ability to spread.
Goal is National Championship

fjm

• All American
« Reply #293 on: August 03, 2021, 02:01:17 PM »
Vaccinated are getting delta.
They are not getting hospitalized.

It’s surprising how many people come into our ED’s sick with covid, test positive and then say “can I get the vaccine?”
Ummm no. That needed to happen before you got sick. But you can have a bed as an inpatient in the hospital now…

Sucks we are doin this again.

But I’d be ok with vaccine required to go to games.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2021, 02:11:30 PM »
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnbOKH9Oe9s&feature=share

Thank you for sharing this!  Made my day!   I can't wait to play this nonchalantly when my anti-vaxx sister and her family are over.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2021, 02:24:53 PM »
Hospitalizations no, but contracting virus  10-15% with ability to spread.

Right. Which is the predominant issue.

Hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated change is near 0.

So, vaccinated aren't significantly impacted by Delta. If you happen to get sick, quarantine like you would for any other communicable disease (influenza, for example)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2021, 03:38:50 PM »
It maybe too complex for people but there has to be an advertising blitz on TV and social media that gets people the correct information on the virus and it’s complications as well as how the vaccines work (and that they don’t contain a micro chip). Keep hammering it home on commercials. 

We need more Ah Ha! moments from people.  There has to be a way to dumb this down for people to understand that they are making a huge mistake not getting the vaccine and perpetuating both health and economic discord.

Very frustrating.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2021, 03:41:32 PM »
It maybe too complex for people but there has to be an advertising blitz on TV and social media that gets people the correct information on the virus and it’s complications as well as how the vaccines work (and that they don’t contain a micro chip). Keep hammering it home on commercials. 

We need more Ah Ha! moments from people.  There has to be a way to dumb this down for people to understand that they are making a huge mistake not getting the vaccine and perpetuating both health and economic discord.

Very frustrating.

I really don’t know. I know people who have had friends die of Covid, have health issues, have young kids (sometimes all 3), and have no interest in the vaccine. It shocks me, but I have no idea what could be the thing that finally convinced them.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2021, 04:24:42 PM »

Very frustrating.

It's become a political issue. Once it becomes that, it's hard to get people to move from an entrenched position because it means they were wrong. Humans are quite predictable
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »

Very frustrating.

From the outset, there has been a lack of consistent messaging regarding Covid-19. The so-called experts have said so many different things that the contradictory nature of what they say is frightening. The feuding between Dr. Fauci and Donald Trump was almost comical.

One of the things Journalists and observers never asked was what were the assumptions that went into an "expert's" forecasts. What were the constants, what were the variables and exactly how did the dire projections come about. Data manipulation is an art within a science and the outside world tends to gravitate toward the extreme without assessing the probability of an environment that would lead to an extreme.

In effect, we're all Covid-19 weary. Most of us want this damn virus to go away. More than half of us are vaccinated and I'd guess about 99.7 percent of the Scoop population has been vaccinated but that's what happens when someone is "smart." I voted for full capacity this year on grounds that stupid is as stupid is and that Marquette is not goinbg to protect the idiots in society from themselves.