[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79402 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2021, 09:50:52 PM »
Is there a state database with names in it from the pharmacies and med centers? Not sure that exists or if I signed something that gave agreed to give my info to the state. Counting on those white cards with scribble on them to be some sort of verifiable proof doesn't seem like it's realistic.

Yes each state has a immunization registry. 18 states use the same system. Anyone giving a vaccine reports it to that system.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2021, 09:54:56 PM »
I have seen much more severe reactions to the vaccination (healthy individuals), than from those who have contracted the virus (also healthy individuals).

Oh dear.  We really don't need a crazy vaccination thread, but 32M Americans have gotten Covid, and 581k have died from it.  I'm sure you'll claim those deaths are made up and miscounted for pollical reasons though.  :o

132M Americans have received the vaccine, and 2k of those have subsequently died - none ruled due to the vaccine itself.

So yup - watch out for the vaccine!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:58:31 PM by rocky_warrior »

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2021, 09:59:17 PM »
Thank you.  I will not willingly inject an experimental drug into my body either.
I have seen much more severe reactions to the vaccination (healthy individuals), than from those who have contracted the virus (also healthy individuals).

My mom had to go to the ER with severe chest pain after the first shot.  Zero health issues prior.  After the second shot, she was in bed for a day with vertigo.  I wish she was the only one I knew who had reactions like this, but there are others.  None of you know the long-term effects either, so like I said, for those who are willing to get it, I sincerely wish you the best.  It will be interesting to revisit all this in 2022.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2021, 10:01:40 PM »
for those who are willing to get it, I sincerely wish you the best.

Fair enough - and I wish you the best too  - it is a personal choice.  I just think there's a bit of misinformation in the posts about not getting the vaccine.  I also believe if you don't get it you should be willing to sit out "regular life" while the rest of us enjoy it.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2021, 10:06:16 PM »
I also sincerely hope it works out for you and everyone else who has gotten the vaccine.  I really do.

As for me, I am not terribly concerned about getting sick.  If I was high risk, I'd seriously consider the vaccine, I'm not. 

I respect your decision, you can choose not to respect mine.  Either way, no hard feelings.   

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:21 PM »
Fair enough - and I wish you the best too  - it is a personal choice.  I just think there's a bit of misinformation in the posts about not getting the vaccine.  I also believe if you don't get it you should be willing to sit out "regular life" while the rest of us enjoy it.

I know several who have had adverse reactions to the vaccine, as well.  One had a stress test after the vaccine - thought he was having a heart attack 3 days later.  Another had her lymph nodes swell to the size of grapefruits on her neck and under her arms, and still isn't back to normal weeks later.  No thanks.

As for your belief that I should 'sit out regular life' - get bent.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:11:35 PM by 94Warrior »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2021, 10:13:09 PM »
700 million people vaccinated. If you don't want to be one of them, don't plan on going to NFL stadiums, I hope NBA stadiums and Big East stadiums.

Either do the right thing or continue to be a dense, selfish individual.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2021, 10:13:50 PM »

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2021, 10:23:42 PM »
Eat crap

Really?  I take offense to someone who thinks it's his civic duty to tell me how to live my life, right after claiming to 'respect my opinion'. 

BTW, why do you care if I get the experimental vaccine, or not?  You got the vaccine - you are protected.  I am the one taking the risk, right?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2021, 10:41:40 PM »
Really?  I take offense to someone who thinks it's his civic duty to tell me how to live my life, right after claiming to 'respect my opinion'. 

BTW, why do you care if I get the experimental vaccine, or not?  You got the vaccine - you are protected.  I am the one taking the risk, right?

Why? Vaccines don’t work without vaccinations.

You sir are the problem. Get over it, so we can all get over it. Until then, you can be treated as such.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2021, 10:50:56 PM »
Q?

Give him and his fellow Anons a break. It's not easy to get a vaccine when you cover your entire body in aluminum foil.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2021, 10:51:12 PM »
This sounds great tbh as long as it applies to everything.  You're fat and get a heart attack or type 2 diabetes, that's on you.  You're a smoker and get lung cancer, that's on you too.  Etc., etc.  Somehow I don't see people agreeing to this though, but I'll continue to play roulette.

I agree with you on smoking. It is an accurate comparison and similar decision as not being vaccinated.  Very binary.  People who continue to smoke should pay exponentially more for their healthcare.  People who don’t get vaccinated for a preventable disease and end up in the ICU should have a lean against their house until they pay their bills.  There should be personal accountability with those decisions.

As people get older they get heavier as their metabolism slows down.  Many get heavy earlier because they don’t have access to proper food. Many people get naturally occurring diseases like diabetes type 2 with normal aging who live a healthy lifestyle. Those things are not so binary and harder to legislate. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2021, 11:08:24 PM »
Vaccinated people can transmit virus.

Initially, yes. But beyond 2 weeks that isn't proving to be the case, according to the CDC & Johns Hopkins research.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2021, 11:09:36 PM »

I'm not telling you how to live your life, or that I respect your opinion!  I'm telling you my opinion, and acknowledging that it's a personal choice.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2021, 11:16:26 PM »
I am the one taking the risk, right?

Wrong. You are increasing the risk of virus survival and the probability of mutations that will impact all of us. Individually, the risk might be minimal, but when it's 20-35% of the population, it only insures this will keep going on long past when we should be able to control it.

It actually comes down to whether or not you care about anyone other than yourself.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:03:08 AM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2021, 04:01:01 AM »
Thank you.  I will not willingly inject an experimental drug into my body either.

What you have "seen" isn't reality.  Look at the case numbers and hospitalizations since vaccines have become more widely available. 

It works.  It stops the spread of a dangerous disease.

Would have thought my alma mater would have graduated smarter people.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2021, 04:03:08 AM »

I don't respect your opinion.  I think you are the Cones dude are harming society with your ignorance.  Anti-science nutjobs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2021, 05:31:02 AM »

I don't respect your opinion.  I think you are the Cones dude are harming society with your ignorance.  Anti-science nutjobs.

Out of curiosity, what does the science say about the long term effects of the vaccine on the body?

No one has all the answers so name calling people because you believe you’re definitively in the right is just as selfish, ignorant, and malicious to society. It is what creates fissures in society. Do not equate these vaccines to the anti-vax movement of other vaccines, because they aren’t the same.

This is a novel virus. These are novel vaccinations. None of us have all the answers. None of us includes science, who are daily learning new things about this vaccine. That scares people, which is why you’ve seen so many strong reactions to mask mandates, vaccines, etc. When people can’t control some things in their life, they try to find something else to control. So they put their foot down on vaccines or masks or what not.

So, maybe, instead of harassing people for their opinion show some empathy even with those you think are misguided and wrong. Belittling someone is not the answer.

PS. All this coming from someone who (a) is not worried about my own health related to Covid (even though I have statistics on its lethality to certain groups), (b) has some slight concerns about the vaccine but generally is not worried there either (even though I don’t have long term statistics on its effects because they don’t exist), (c) acknowledges the seriousness of the virus, (d) acknowledges the science behind mass inoculation and the spread of dangerous variants, and (e) has opted to get the vaccine.

Empathy. Please.

And sorry to pick on you. The person condescendingly wishing “good luck” to everyone who got a vaccine as if he or she knows better is just as guilty.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2021, 05:32:13 AM »
I've had the virus.   I've had the shots.   My experience with the virus was infinitely worse.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2021, 05:52:06 AM »
Out of curiosity, what does the science say about the long term effects of the vaccine on the body?

No one has all the answers so name calling people because you believe you’re definitively in the right is just as selfish, ignorant, and malicious to society. It is what creates fissures in society. Do not equate these vaccines to the anti-vax movement of other vaccines, because they aren’t the same.

This is a novel virus. These are novel vaccinations. None of us have all the answers. None of us includes science, who are daily learning new things about this vaccine. That scares people, which is why you’ve seen so many strong reactions to mask mandates, vaccines, etc. When people can’t control some things in their life, they try to find something else to control. So they put their foot down on vaccines or masks or what not.

So, maybe, instead of harassing people for their opinion show some empathy even with those you think are misguided and wrong. Belittling someone is not the answer.

PS. All this coming from someone who (a) is not worried about my own health related to Covid (even though I have statistics on its lethality to certain groups), (b) has some slight concerns about the vaccine but generally is not worried there either (even though I don’t have long term statistics on its effects because they don’t exist), (c) acknowledges the seriousness of the virus, (d) acknowledges the science behind mass inoculation and the spread of dangerous variants, and (e) has opted to get the vaccine.

Empathy. Please.

And sorry to pick on you. The person condescendingly wishing “good luck” to everyone who got a vaccine as if he or she knows better is just as guilty.

Nope. They’re ignorant and selfish. They are choosing to be that way so I have no empathy for them. Give me a break.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2021, 06:00:54 AM »
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

- Isaac Asimov
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2021, 06:03:40 AM »
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

- Isaac Asimov

Yep.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2021, 06:07:08 AM »
Nope. They’re ignorant and selfish. They are choosing to be that way so I have no empathy for them. Give me a break.

Okay. Bravo. You win.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2021, 06:09:26 AM »
MUCam

I really want to believe your statement that empathy will turn the tide.

The reality is that these people are not just lacking information. They are not waiting to see how the vaccines work long-term.

These are truly selfish individuals who choose to ignore science, statistics and how we get over this pandemic. These are people that will put their foot down and make a pandemic about themselves. They choose to harm everyone else because “tHe GoVeRnMeNt WoNt TeLl Me To GeT vAcCiNaTeD.” These are the people trying to make Dr. Fauci a bad guy or a criminal.

I have more respect for the original anti-vaxxers such as Jenny McCarthy. At least she believed in something that led her down that path.

This new type of anti-vaxxers are pathetic idiots following the cull. They’re dangerous and until they decide to get a shot should have their access limited.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2021, 06:43:08 AM »
I know several who have had adverse reactions to the vaccine, as well.  One had a stress test after the vaccine - thought he was having a heart attack 3 days later.  Another had her lymph nodes swell to the size of grapefruits on her neck and under her arms, and still isn't back to normal weeks later.  No thanks.

As for your belief that I should 'sit out regular life' - get bent.
I know millions of people from all around the world that got COVID and died...

The point is the virus will effect everyone until we hit herd immunity, and we won't do so if enough people don't get vaccinated.  So, I'm great with your personal liberties, but given that even with a 96% efficacy you will, and already have, seen breakthrough diagnosis and deaths I sure would hate to think I was responsible for our country not hitting herd immunity because I knew a friend who got sick from the vaccine. 

I had this discussion with a co-worker the other day....Gov't can't tell me what to do with my body...same lady who opposes abortion, feels weed should always be illegal, shouldn't have to wear a seat-belt, smokes, etc... 

Hell, I'm much more likely to die of many things other than COVID at my age...I'm just trying to be a very small part of others not dying from it...pretty simple.

feedback