[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Joplin  (Read 32185 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Joplin
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 08:57:42 PM »
Gut feeling, 60/40 he ends up here. The 40 would likely be Mizzou.

Are we saying Tamar Bates here?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »
I’m pretty much a nobody on this board, but I’ve been around for a long time and my former roommate is an active and strongly contributing alum, has connections to the team, and also Brookfield Central High School. (Tower knows who I’m referring to; my freshman year roommate.)

So, take this however you wish: “Hearing from good sources that David Joplin will be transferring to MU once Texas releases him.”

It’s not a transfer bounce he hasn’t enrolled yet.

I figure he signed with UT because he wanted to play for Shaka, which puts us in great position. 3 man?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 08:59:44 PM »
Side question, but does anyone know why Joplin had several high major offers (UT, GTown, Butler, Minnesota, Mizzou), but neither Wojo nor Gard offered. Was he a late-bloomer, or perceived as a bad fit for the MU and UW@Madison systems?

I have no idea, but I've been led to believe Marquette would've been in a very strong position if Wojo had offered.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 09:29:48 PM »
"As for Wojo, I have no clue."

Same can be said for Wojo

Well said, John. That guy was just not very smart (no pun intended!)

Death on call

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 09:33:37 PM »
Side question, but does anyone know why Joplin had several high major offers (UT, GTown, Butler, Minnesota, Mizzou), but neither Wojo nor Gard offered. Was he a late-bloomer, or perceived as a bad fit for the MU and UW@Madison systems?

Just speculation, but the fact MU landed three similar players in the 2020 class might have had something to do with it. Doesn't seem like MU targetting any 4s in the 2021 class.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 09:45:14 PM »
great question. I believe Joplin was interested in MU and playing at FF. There has been considerable state of WI talent of late that either MU did not pursue, or gave up on early, yet went all-in on guys like RJ Davis, Quentin Grimes, etc. Head-to-head vs conf for Patrick Baldwin Jr, Joplin held his own if not won outright. Joplin would be an excellent get for sure.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 11:08:47 PM »
Just speculation, but the fact MU landed three similar players in the 2020 class might have had something to do with it. Doesn't seem like MU targetting any 4s in the 2021 class.

After seeing some videos on him, he can score from 3’s as well as all over the court.  Looks physically ready to play right now, much like Lewis. Not sure OSO will ever be ready in that skinny body.  So it will be a 3 man rotation. Upfront, maybe all start, if that is the case they need one more wing or a center. Looks like a better shooter then Lewis from distance.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2021, 05:19:28 PM »
Here a bit more input from my old roomie that I can’t verify, but do trust: “He [Joplin] was disappointed that Marquette didn’t pursue him. Shaka called him before the deal was even done to bring him along to MU. He hasn’t said whether he will switch or not but I think there is a good chance he will. Great kid btw.”

Again, who knows. And as many other point out, teenagers can sometimes be a bit whimsical.
I always thought Wojo had to great of a recruiting budget. It allowed him to chase pipe dreams all over the country while ignoring local talent.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 05:21:55 PM »
I always thought Wojo had to great of a recruiting budget. It allowed him to chase pipe dreams all over the country while ignoring local talent.

You’re right. I think recruiting was Wojo’s security blanket. It clearly wasn’t coaching.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 06:00:39 PM »
Maybe it was the Hausers going :'(

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2021, 06:26:16 PM »
Great news. Thanks for sharing. Already happy to hear Mitchell is still coming. Would be nice to know that Garcia is returning as well.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 08:53:09 PM »
David Joplin Retweeted
Endless Motor Sports
@endless_motor
Former Texas 2021 signee David Joplin has been in touch with the following programs since his release:

Minnesota
Marquette
Wake Forest
Virginia
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Virginia Tech

6’8 wing forward instantly becomes one of the most coveted HS prospects in the country.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2021, 12:02:29 AM »
If Shaka has a hair on his ass he will sign Joplin, Bates, and Itejere to Marquette or I will question the wisdom of his hire. Frankly, this is an acid test. Let's see if he's got the Right Stuff. 

Death on call

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2021, 05:05:17 AM »
If Shaka has a hair on his ass he will sign Joplin, Bates, and Itejere to Marquette or I will question the wisdom of his hire. Frankly, this is an acid test. Let's see if he's got the Right Stuff.
Hopefully he does, Keefe. He doesn't owe Texas anything, and it will help to lower his nice guy image a bit. We need a coach that goes for payback occasionally and one that let's it be known "don't f__k with me."
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2021, 10:11:50 AM »
I’m pretty much a nobody on this board, but I’ve been around for a long time and my former roommate is an active and strongly contributing alum, has connections to the team, and also Brookfield Central High School. (Tower knows who I’m referring to; my freshman year roommate.)

So, take this however you wish: “Hearing from good sources that David Joplin will be transferring to MU once Texas releases him.”

Let me begin with this..... If you're friends with Tower you ABSOLUTELY are a nobody!!!  Just kidding; welcome to Scoop and thanks for the info.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2021, 10:16:37 AM »

And he better win a national championship in his second year, right Keefe?... Good Lord, get a grip. Shaka isn’t the second coming. He’s going to land some big recruits and lose out on even more... just like every other coach. Let’s give him some time to build his team. We ALL need to temper expectations

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2021, 11:06:41 AM »

No idea if this is real or not.  Sure hope it isn't. 

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »
No idea if this is real or not.  Sure hope it isn't.

It’s comically silly. I almost wonder if it was reused from an old post...

People have been known to do that.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2021, 11:11:20 AM »
It’s comically silly. I almost wonder if it was reused from an old post...

People have been known to do that.

From what I recall Keefe was excited about the higher so I assume it was tongue-in-cheek but you never know on Scoop. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2021, 01:08:36 PM »
And he better win a national championship in his second year, right Keefe?... Good Lord, get a grip. Shaka isn’t the second coming. He’s going to land some big recruits and lose out on even more... just like every other coach. Let’s give him some time to build his team. We ALL need to temper expectations

I fully expect our young men to take to the field of battle with an uncompromising commitment to victory.

I trust Shaka has already distributed copies of Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings to every Warrior. Nothing less than the full embrace of Bushido should be accepted.

When one of our Warriors puts his hand in the pile of goo that was once his best friend's face he should know what to do. 

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2021, 01:10:58 PM »
Hopefully he does, Keefe. He doesn't owe Texas anything, and it will help to lower his nice guy image a bit. We need a coach that goes for payback occasionally and one that let's it be known "don't f__k with me."

Willie

There is nothing so sweet as the taste of payback

"I'm lookin' for payback!"

...Sgt Barnes

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
I expect Shaka to win both the NCAA tournament and the NIT next season. Oh, and an Oscar. Anything less is abject failure.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »
I expect Shaka to win both the NCAA tournament and the NIT next season. Oh, and an Oscar. Anything less is abject failure.

I want all that stuff, plus a Grammy for a bootlegged video of some improvised song he sings a cappella at MU Madness. Anything less and he's on the hot seat, as far as I'm concerned.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2021, 01:30:53 PM »

I want all that stuff, plus a Grammy for a bootlegged video of some improvised song he sings a cappella at MU Madness. Anything less and he's on the hot seat, as far as I'm concerned.

At MU Madness? I would expect some songs of inspiration during the in-game cuddles!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2021, 01:33:44 PM »

I once worked for a man who was a true Warrior Poet, Sen James Webb. I have seen excellence in its purest state.

I see similar greatness in our new leader.

I expect Shaka to pen honeyed verse that would water the doe-eyes of Scott Pilarz

I believe Shaka will bed so many nubile vixens that Wilt would come back from the grave to shake his hand

I see Shaka hosting a Seder that Mullah Omar would be thrilled to attend

I can hear a man-bunned Shaka strumming the consecrating chords of Kumbaya as The Donald and Nancy Pelosi stand entwined in a healing embrace

Death on call