[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Roy Williams Retires  (Read 3896 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Roy Williams Retires
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
Did Roy cut you in line at one of your breweries?  Or hit into you on the course?  Sheesh.  Lot of vitriol from you towards a guy who is very well liked and respected.  If that’s your mark for hypocrisy, I hope you despise and hold every major D-1 coach with the same miserable lack of esteem.

Nobody is saying Williams is a saint, but your anger and outrage seems to be towards a system that is then being focused on someone within that system.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2021, 02:22:29 PM »
Did Roy cut you in line at one of your breweries?  Or hit into you on the course?  Sheesh.  Lot of vitriol from you towards a guy who is very well liked and respected.  If that’s your mark for hypocrisy, I hope you despise and hold every major D-1 coach with the same miserable lack of esteem.

Nobody is saying Williams is a saint, but your anger and outrage seems to be towards a system that is then being focused on someone within that system.

Not the least bit "angry." Just stating an opinion based on facts. He was party to serious academic fraud.

C'mon Wags ... I don't think you want others to say you're "angry" every time you state a strong opinion on something or someone.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2021, 02:35:11 PM »
Not the least bit "angry." Just stating an opinion based on facts. He was party to serious academic fraud.

C'mon Wags ... I don't think you want others to say you're "angry" every time you state a strong opinion on something or someone.

I dont think you're angry, but there is some serious partisan heft behind your opinions.  And constantly repeating hypocrite/cheater/Ol' Roy seems more than just a humble opinion.

And sorry if I'm not going to lean heavily on the statements and opinions of Rashad "UNC is a prison" McCants.  He was happy to chat well after he washed out of the NBA for myriad of reasons and was a persona non-grata in the basketball world.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2021, 02:38:26 PM »
Hubert Davis to take over. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »
I dont think you're angry, but there is some serious partisan heft behind your opinions.  And constantly repeating hypocrite/cheater/Ol' Roy seems more than just a humble opinion.

And sorry if I'm not going to lean heavily on the statements and opinions of Rashad "UNC is a prison" McCants.  He was happy to chat well after he washed out of the NBA for myriad of reasons and was a persona non-grata in the basketball world.

Reminiscent of the reaction to Jose Canseco and his statements and opinions about illegal acitivty in baseball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »

Reasonable take on McCants. I can absolutely see why folks wouldn't take everything he says at face value. I just don't think Ol' Roy's hands are clean here, based on all the facts I understand.

But partisan? What is partisan about talking about Roy Williams' role (or lack thereof) in an academic fraud scandal? I have absolutely no clue what his politics are, nor do I care.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 03:47:50 PM »
Reasonable take on McCants. I can absolutely see why folks wouldn't take everything he says at face value. I just don't think Ol' Roy's hands are clean here, based on all the facts I understand.

But partisan? What is partisan about talking about Roy Williams' role (or lack thereof) in an academic fraud scandal? I have absolutely no clue what his politics are, nor do I care.

Given the way discourse has went in this community and elsewhere, I understand where you got that  ;D

I meant more, partisan as "in strong favor of a particular cause or person".  Nothing actually political

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 05:19:11 PM »
Given the way discourse has went in this community and elsewhere, I understand where you got that  ;D

I meant more, partisan as "in strong favor of a particular cause or person".  Nothing actually political

Ah.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 11:54:18 PM »
And I am not labelling him a "cheater" either despite how problematic the UNC academic scandal was.

"I'm shocked! Shocked to find there is gambling going on here!"

...Captain Louis Renault

Death on call

feedback