[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey's trifectas vs Creighton  (Read 2345 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Rowsey's trifectas vs Creighton
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:46:48 PM »
I just rewatched that Bam, Bam, Bam sequence from 2018.  Those first two triples were absolutely ridiculous.  I can't decide which was more badass?

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Rowsey's trifectas vs Creighton
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:52:29 PM »
I as watching highlights of the G league, commenting on a a Rowsey shot, my kids said, who?I said, you know, the thing. Oh yeah, we love him!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:07 PM »
I as watching highlights of the G league, commenting on a a Rowsey shot, my kids said, who?I said, you know, the thing. Oh yeah, we love him!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching AR.  It's a real shame we didn't have a solid 6'3 all-around guard that could complement the mighty mites.  But man....when he had it going it was a thing of beauty.  And I loved his swag.  He made Wisconsin look silly at the Kohl and that 4pt play vs Prov, with the double clutch, was one of the most amazing single plays I have ever seen.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 11:06:38 PM »
Just watched again. The range on those shots was reminiscent of Novak’s three against UConn.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 11:18:09 PM »
Just watched again. The range on those shots was reminiscent of Novak%u2019s three against UConn.

I think most would say the second one was the most amazing....I'm not so sure.  Because the first one was a shot taken when his momentum was completely stopped and the defender retreated.   He rose and fired from about 34 feet like it was a free throw.  I still don't understand how that's physically possible.  I mean if you think about it the shots he took from distance with his left hand, just to draw a foul, were equally remarkable.   In my prime, in an open gym, I could not get a double clutch three to the rim with my left hand.  My guess is if you took 100 decent high school athletes, and asked then to try that Providence shot in an open gym, 95 or more would airball.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 12:18:11 AM »
Last MU game at the Bradley Center, right?  Better times.

Link for future entrants to this thread: https://youtu.be/ZbCzMzT_us0?t=165

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 12:21:21 AM »
My favorite Wojo player ever.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 12:29:47 AM »

Yes.  All three bombs we were made with under 3:30 left in the game.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 08:29:49 AM »
And I loved his swag.

I enjoyed his redshirt year when he was talking trash to Ben Simmons from the bench.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 08:33:03 AM »
I think most would say the second one was the most amazing....I'm not so sure.  Because the first one was a shot taken when his momentum was completely stopped and the defender retreated.   He rose and fired from about 34 feet like it was a free throw.  I still don't understand how that's physically possible.  I mean if you think about it the shots he took from distance with his left hand, just to draw a foul, were equally remarkable.   In my prime, in an open gym, I could not get a double clutch three to the rim with my left hand.  My guess is if you took 100 decent high school athletes, and asked then to try that Providence shot in an open gym, 95 or more would airball.

I agree. It appeared that he was looking to pass, and took the shot almost as an afterthought when the defender stepped away. Pretty amazing from that distance.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »
It was amazing to watch him in pre-game practices at the BC.  He would go on one end by himself and routinely drain 30 footers one after the other.  He had a routine as the team went into the locker room from the warmups where he would shoot from half court before joining the team in the locker room.  usually did it by the second or 3 rd time.  Of course, he also had “the Thing” during games.  Fun player to watch (on offense, that is).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 08:45:10 AM »
I like to think that if, like Markus, he were 6'3-4, AR would be in the league.   Then I think of Jimmer and I am not so sure.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 08:55:15 AM »

Special day that was for many reason. For myself it was 500 events in that building. Glad to close that building out with a win.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
Just watched again. The range on those shots was reminiscent of Novak’s three against UConn.
My Son used to talk with Andrew Rowsey at Bucks games before everybody knew who He was. Very kind and nice person would talk as long as you wanted. But My Son said going to Steve Novak’s 41 point game against UConn started his love for basketball. He ended up playing Varsity and on Various excellent AAU teams. Tried to walk on at MU and made it to the Final 12 making almost all his threes. But he says Steve’s threes were the start, focal point and catalyst for his love of basketball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 03:11:00 PM »
My Son used to talk with Andrew Rowsey at Bucks games before everybody knew who He was. Very kind and nice person would talk as long as you wanted. But My Son said going to Steve Novak’s 41 point game against UConn started his love for basketball. He ended up playing Varsity and on Various excellent AAU teams. Tried to walk on at MU and made it to the Final 12 making almost all his threes. But he says Steve’s threes were the start, focal point and catalyst for his love of basketball.

MU seems to recruit a lot of really nice people. Good to hear Andrew was another in that line.

Steve was my daughter's first MU hero, and we had a chance to chat with him a couple of times. Likewise, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 05:33:33 PM »
I was really excited when he joined last summers TBT team. I think he hit one three and barely played.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 09:57:43 PM »
I was really excited when he joined last summers TBT team. I think he hit one three and barely played.

True.  I was very surprised by that.  Maybe he'll play a bigger role this year?  I'd also like to add Vander