Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seven Years Is A Long Time  (Read 7286 times)

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
Re: Seven Years Is A Long Time
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2021, 07:55:33 PM »
You tried to show evidence of Howland’s superiority over Wojo since he got to Mississippi State, but the facts failed to support your claim.

You have provided no evidence to support your claim that our alma mater’s basketball team quit; an ex-jock spouting cliches is not evidence, neither are DJ’s cliches in the aftermath of a disappointing loss.

You have opinions. We all do. My opinion is that your opinions about Marquette’s players quitting and about Howland are wrong.

I don’t know what Congress has to do with anything. Sounds like somebody who failed to prove his thesis just making a political statement for the hell of it.

It wasn't political.

It's because members of Congress are narcissistic, know-it-all excretion openings.

I'm sorry I had to explain that.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »
It wasn't political.

It's because members of Congress are narcissistic, know-it-all excretion openings.

*holds up mirror*

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2021, 03:41:50 PM »
It wasn't political.

This:
*holds up mirror*
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2021, 06:42:05 PM »
I was not a big fan of the Cuonz.

I don't like UT retreads.

We are (should be) Marquette.

We do not (should not) take retreads from second rate basketball powers.

The fact that the Cuonz is looking good to us suggests how far our program has fallen.

That truly depresses me.

In his 3 seasons at Tennessee, only two coaches had a higher league winning percentage than Cuonzo Martin, Billy Donovan, and John Calipari. In his 3rd season his team was one basket (some would call it a questionable call) from the Elite 8.

Martin turned down a contract extension to leave. Before he even had a chance at Tennessee, budgets were cut in 7 figure amounts for him vs Bruce Pearl's tenure. And 40k people had signed a petition to bring back Pearl. The administration wasn't supportive. When he left for Tennessee the support of his team was considered unprecedented by some at the time. He and his family endured a great deal of racism at the time as well.

You may also want to take a closer look at Tennessee basketball and Marquette basketball. One of those schools has made the 2nd weekend more often than the other the past 40 plus years. I will give you a hint. That school isn't Marquette.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2021, 12:23:14 PM »
*holds up mirror*

naginiF, we are expressing opinions here.  I, obviously, and as Fluffy humorously pointed out, feel strongly about my opinion.

I, however, would never be so arrogant as to invite someone with a different opinion to accept that they are wrong in their belief.

Perhaps this is horribly un-Woke of me but I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As to holding up a mirror, in many occasions on this board I have stated an opinion that has been rebutted with factual evidence showing I am wrong.  In every instance that I am aware of, I have admitted my error and, many times, thanked the person for correcting me. 

In the future, please feel free to express your opinion as well but before calling someone out, please do a little more homework so your target identification is better.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 12:51:23 PM by f/k/a humanlung »

feedback