[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: In bounds ineptitude and why  (Read 4560 times)

hawk

• Scholarship Player
Re: In bounds ineptitude and why
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2021, 10:52:12 AM »
I think Lewis and Carton will return.  Garcia is gone unless he decides to come back to be a lottery pick next year.  He has a big upside so I,m guessing middle of the 1st round this year.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2021, 12:21:59 PM »
Have you seen Illinois inbounds play, Most, if not all the players start from out of bounds. It is pretty interesting and inventive.

I think you are referring to Ill press break where all five players line up at the baseline and run fly patterns, curls, stop and go, etc.
Muggsy is referring to OOB under our basket with the opportunity to score.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2021, 12:25:08 PM »
I think Lewis and Carton will return.  Garcia is gone unless he decides to come back to be a lottery pick next year.  He has a big upside so I,m guessing middle of the 1st round this year.
Logical. If DG can gets 1st round $ I think he’s gone. I think DJ goes somewhere to work on his craft. I don’t know where that is, I just don’t think it is at MU next year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2021, 12:47:59 PM »
If DJ leaves, he'll have to sit out. He might go pro, but if he stays in college, I'd be shocked if it wasn't at Marquette, even if the unthinkable happens & Wojo is gone.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2021, 01:11:20 PM »
I think there are two major problems on the inbounds on the defensive side. You have 1 player taking the ball out, three that start at half court one in the front court. The defense puts a defender on ball and three that sag off the hall court.

Ref hands the ball off to the inbounder and MU is slow to move. By the time the three get closer to the inbounder, 1-2 seconds have come off the clock and the inbounder starts to feel flustered and the only open player is moving toward the corner.

The corner itself isn’t a graveyard like in 3 grade ball. You see if frequently in all games. To me getting the ball inbounded is more important. Once the guard gets the ball usually Koby or Cain they freeze. This allows the defense to collapse on them. Once the defenders collapse MU has their head down and will also stop their dribble. Instead they need to move quickly which will either draw a block or like the Depaul game at the end split the defense and get to an open court.

I have also noticed that our player, whose defender is double teaming the ball, runs away from the ball they should stay in their spot because they are open. Instead they are moving towards the front court defender.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »

I've seen no site listing Garcia anywhere near the second round this season, let alone the first round.

I'm fairly confident that Garcia and Lewis return. Carton it will depend on if he still has NBA dreams or not. I don't see Carton transferring.

We will lose 1 to 3 of the other players to transfer, but I think the big 3 all return.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »
It's coaching. We were very good at baseline out of bounds plays when Stan was here. Now we suck, and LMU is better than ever at them. Hardly seems like a coincidence. Same reason I'm skeptical we'll recapture our three point accuracy now that the guys taking the shots didn't work with Nelson, while Holy Cross has seen their 3PFG% rank improve by over 150 spots from Brett's year one to year two.

I disagree with this analysis. We have struggled on inbounds even when stan was here do a search of some variant of inbound, inbounding and you will find people calling this out as a problem. This isn’t new.

MU was a good 3pt shooting team because we had one of the most elite three point shooters of all time. We also had very good three point shooters like Rowsey, Sam and others. This year our three point shooters are marginal. Our best three point shooters were also on the teams you credit.

I also find it disingenuous if we throw praise on two assistant coaches when our teams were also mediocre but then this year only throw the blame at Wojo. If the assistants were the solution prior wouldn’t the new ones be the problem now? Either Assistants were good then and bad now or Wojo was the same.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 02:07:46 PM »
Crean had excellent inbound plays under the basket. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 04:19:43 PM »
If DJ leaves, he'll have to sit out. He might go pro, but if he stays in college, I'd be shocked if it wasn't at Marquette, even if the unthinkable happens & Wojo is gone.

FIFY

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2021, 05:14:40 PM »
Maybe I wasn’t clear. I certainly don’t think he’s transferring to another college program. If he does play college ball next year it will be at MU.
I don’t think he is playing anymore college ball.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2021, 05:42:24 PM »
if any of them leave we will have wildly sad year next season

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2021, 09:38:22 PM »
Bump

feedback