Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn't make this up  (Read 15331 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: UConn't make this up
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2021, 06:05:02 PM »
We need to focus our recruiting efforts on pogo sticks. U Conn seems to be loaded with them.

Yup.  The difference in athleticism today was stark outside Lewis and Garcia.  Wojo’s in-game coaching can’t overcome mismatched rosters and that’s been his biggest problem his entire tenure
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:14 PM »
UNC 78 FSU 70

Looking forward to this board posting all the UNC scores the rest of the season.  Let’s savor that HUGE win!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2021, 07:05:39 PM »
Looking forward to this board posting all the UNC scores the rest of the season.  Let’s savor that HUGE win!

Well, we were getting updates when FSU ahead a fairly large lead and people were saying how “ass” UNC is. You were silent in your complaints about hearing their score then. So I think it’s probably fair to give the final score update.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »
North Carolina is ass this year and Marquette is considered a bad loss for them.  What does that make Marquette? 

Well, we were getting updates when FSU ahead a fairly large lead and people were saying how “ass” UNC is. You were silent in your complaints about hearing their score then. So I think it’s probably fair to give the final score update.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »
North Carolina is ass this year and Marquette is considered a bad loss for them.  What does that make Marquette?

They are “ass” for a typical UNC team. They really aren’t “ass.”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2021, 07:41:48 PM »
As disappointing as this season has been, I was truly looking forward to writing an article about MU getting back on the bubble and their path to a bid had they won today. They didn't and any hopes of the bubble are truly over. I guess the only thing you can count on from Wojo's teams is inconsistency.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2021, 07:54:18 PM »
Two things really struck me:

--our D manning up tight at and outside the 3-pt line was near useless. Their quick guards stepped around our slow-footed defenders time and time again, allowing them into the lane. Bad things then kept happening for MU.

--MU trying to press only reinforced how good UNC's was (or how bad MU was at breaking it). UConn seemed to have at least 2 players beyond the press nearly every time. How many dunks did they have while we were pressing?

Actually a third thing was reinforced...a good showing at UNC did nothing to make me think that Wojo should be here much longer.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2021, 07:59:25 PM »
Our lack of physicality manifests itself on both ends of the floor.  Part of the reason we turn the ball over is there is no one to throw it to.  We can't create space from our screens. Now some of this is quickness as well but we turn it over and can't force turns because we play with no physicality. Part of it is personnel but I also believe we are not taught rudimentary fundamentals.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2021, 08:02:08 PM »
As disappointing as this season has been, I was truly looking forward to writing an article about MU getting back on the bubble and their path to a bid had they won today. They didn't and any hopes of the bubble are truly over. I guess the only thing you can count on from Wojo's teams is inconsistency.

They're consistent in their inconsistency.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2021, 08:07:15 PM »
So here is how I going about the rest of the season and the NCAA Tournament..
Here’s what I know about MY tournament....I haven’t decided what seed they are but I’m pretty sure they win in the first round against, I’m going to say.....UNC. Then I think they follow that win up with yet another win against in State rival Wisconsin, who knew??? I then see a Sweet sixteen win against in conference rival Creighton. Not sure how it goes from there, maybe we lose to DePaul in the finals???? I suppose the larger question is will this tourney run be enough to silence the Nojo’s😉

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2021, 08:21:24 PM »
Raise a glass to UNC! Something they can never take from us!

UNC loss to MU looking like a really bad loss for them as we head to the bottom of BE. Roy has to be pissed.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2021, 08:42:53 PM »

Lol, posting their scores whether ther are ahead or behind is all the same.  Just MU fans hanging on to a meaningless win they shouldn’t have celebrated in the first place.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2021, 08:46:11 PM »
Lol, posting their scores whether ther are ahead or behind is all the same.  Just MU fans hanging on to a meaningless win they shouldn’t have celebrated in the first place.

I celebrate all Marquette wins. 

God you're a miserable little dummy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2021, 08:51:04 PM »
Congrats to all the Marquette "fans" for the big loss tonight! You must feel great reveling in your joylessness.

Indeed, several of you feel so great that you have proceeded to make stuff up about your fellow Scoopers' reaction after the UNC game.

Effen do something besides whine on a fan board, will ya? Cancel your season tickets. Organize a petition to fire Wojo and get 10,000 signatures. Lead a walk-out of the final home game. Protest outside Lovell's home. Go up to Theo's face and yell at him. Be effen men and do something besides whine like beyotches and lie about what other Scoopers are saying.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2021, 08:52:02 PM »
I celebrate all Marquette wins. 

God you're a miserable little dummy.

You can celebrate their NIT wins for years to come.  Enjoy.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »
The next two games are completely meaningless now. Wojo needs to keep team morale intact so they can be competitive in the BET.
Yeah Wojo-Dukiet has great experience with team morale, example: Hausergate.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2021, 08:54:40 PM »
did anyone really change their tune after butler unc wins??? why
Check with Tamu and Tower.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2021, 08:55:22 PM »
Sum won's pissed tonite, kumbaya. Sum won's pissed tonite, kumbaya. O Lord, kumbaya, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2021, 08:55:46 PM »
Congrats to all the Marquette "fans" for the big loss tonight! You must feel great reveling in your joylessness.

Indeed, several of you feel so great that you have proceeded to make stuff up about your fellow Scoopers' reaction after the UNC game.

Effen do something besides whine on a fan board, will ya? Cancel your season tickets. Organize a petition to fire Wojo and get 10,000 signatures. Lead a walk-out of the final home game. Protest outside Lovell's home. Go up to Theo's face and yell at him. Be effen men and do something besides whine like beyotches and lie about what other Scoopers are saying.

At this point I doubt MU bball has 10,000 people who care enough to sign a petition.  We’ll see what kind of crowds come back once they get to see games in person.  Anyone who’d pay to see this trash in person must enjoy lighting their money on fire also.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2021, 09:03:55 PM »
Yeah Wojo-Dukiet has great experience with team morale, example: Hausergate.

Joey Hauser is part of the worst Michigan State team in 25 years
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2021, 09:05:30 PM »
You can celebrate their NIT wins for years to come.  Enjoy.

I want Wojo gone. But he is not going to be fired this year. So the UNC win had no bearing on that.

You and the Bitcher have failed to understand this simple truth. And it has robbed you of what little joy you could have had this season. Instead you’re just miserable twats rambling over nothing. Lolololololololol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2021, 09:08:00 PM »
I want Wojo gone. But he is not going to be fired this year. So the UNC win had no bearing on that.

You and the Bitcher have failed to understand this simple truth. And it has robbed you of what little joy you could have had this season. Instead you’re just miserable twats rambling over nothing. Lolololololololol.

Furthermore the only way Wojo is leaving is if he goes to another program. Therefore you should WANT him to win so his candidacy is more attractive.

Rooting for him to lose actually goes against your long term goal.

You’re really a smart guy!  Lololololololol.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2021, 09:29:54 PM »

But we can’t boo?

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2021, 09:37:45 PM »

Look, it’s back.  The “you don’t understand” argument.  You just say the same stupid crap over and over again.  Lol. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2021, 09:40:36 PM »
Joey Hauser is part of the worst Michigan State team in 25 years

That sadly is still better than us.

feedback