collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kid Friendly bar...?  (Read 6972 times)

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
Kid Friendly bar...?
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:10:30 AM »
I personally believe that every bar is kid friendly, you get to meet interesting people, eat pretzels and play video games, but my wife shares a different opinion so I need the boards help. 

We are coming up with for G'town game and trying to figure out a place to meet up with friends, the catch is that there will potentially be two kids under 6 months with us.  So I have two questions, 1) is it crazy to bring kids to the game/bar-restaurant? 2) if we do bring them, anyone have a suggestion on a kid friendly place to meet up?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Kid Friendly bar...?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »
Hmm.  Under 6 months old = they are sitting in their car seats.  I guess I'd stay away from the super-busy places, and places that are more like bars than restaurants.  I would stay away from the big 3, Goolsby's, Turners, and Game Time.  Way too busy, not kid friendly.

Sometimes, Buck Bradley's upstairs area is pretty decent, it might not be super busy. -- Or a place like McGillicuddy's .. hmm .. no, I think most of their seats are on stools, which is problematic when you have car seats.

One place that might work is the place that took over the Brew City BBQ spot, called "Trinity" .. Irish place .. lots of tables, across from the Harp.

Actually .. I think I'd go with Water Street Brewery.  Decent setup for kids .. it can be busy, but not more so than everything else.  Or Rudy's, I suppose, if you want Mexican.

Maybe .. Rock Bottom isn't bad, it's a 5-6 block walk to the BC, but you can park free.

The 6 month olds, and the dads might enjoy Art's Performing Center.  Probably not very busy on a Saturday afternoon.   ;D

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
I agree with 'topper as far as avoiding Goolsby's, Turners, and Game Time.  A couple other suggestions:  Miller Time Pub on the corner of 5th and Wisconsin has lots of booths and usually isn't too crowded.  I like the Buck Bradley suggestion, particularly if you get there early enough.  That place is huge. 

Ludum habemus.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:07:16 PM »
I'd also offer up the Annex as a suggestion. Sure, it's not the greatest place in the world, but it's more of a restaurant, and as a result kid-friendly. Not real smoky or anything like that. Plus, it'll be an all Marquette crowd, and you can park on campus and just take the shuttle to/from the game that leaves from right outside the place.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »
I'd also offer up the Annex as a suggestion. Sure, it's not the greatest place in the world, but it's more of a restaurant, and as a result kid-friendly. Not real smoky or anything like that. Plus, it'll be an all Marquette crowd, and you can park on campus and just take the shuttle to/from the game that leaves from right outside the place.

I'd recommend the Annex as well. I doubt it will be overly packed by students. Just get there early enough can take up some space.

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
I would think smoke would be a concern, so a bar that is more of a restaurant might be best -- thinking avoid Water St.   

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:00:50 PM »
My kids love the Harp.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
It's crazy to bring the kid to this game.  Get a babysitter!  You'll have more fun that way.

Trust me on this...

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

feedback